ADVERTISEMENT

Herky Chain

PlutoDroid

HR All-State
Aug 16, 2015
With the sudden attention grabbing Miami turnover chain I wondered if maybe other schools could come up with a fun little reward for performances. A corn kennel necklace? What screams Iowa and fun?

With the sudden attention grabbing Miami turnover chain I wondered if maybe other schools could come up with a fun little reward for performances. A corn kennel necklace? What screams Iowa and fun?

Ah No. Just wn baby. Attention should be about the team not you

Ah No. Just wn baby. Attention should be about the team not you
It's sports and it should be fun, just because old fuddies look down on it doesn't mean 18 to 21 year olds do. Why have individual awards then? After watching Miami dismantle Notre Dame it helped energize that crowd and team.

I was going to suggest giving a chain to our WRs when they catch a ball. Josh Jackson has had more completions from the other team in the last two weeks tan any of the WRs. Certainly more tds.

Oooh, a trend. Let's jump on board as fast as we can!
Maybe a trend, but if it shows off the excitement of a program and its fans its not a bad thing. Woody Hayes retired because he couldn't get a hold of that whole QB throwing trend.

Just kidding with that last part but first the fans made fun of the a Oregon uniform thing. Now almost every team has hopped on that trend. Guess what? Recruits love it and I'm guessing the schools make a dime off some of those hideous things.

Now I seriously doubt Iowa under Ferentz will ever indulge in this as they see it as useless and silly. It would be funny to see Kirk try to explain what swag is though.

Not a fan of the chain trend..... The Miami turnover chain did nothing to stop the stereotypes of that program... tOSU now has a pin chain for wrestling.... DORK!

Reactions: PlutoDroid
Not a fan of the chain trend..... The Miami turnover chain did nothing to stop the stereotypes of that program... tOSU now has a pin chain for wrestling.... DORK!
A pin chain? OK I guess, I think Mark Richt is a very good coach who seems to be winning differently than past Miami thug teams. The turnover chain is like Miami itself. Flashy and attention grabbing, but you can't argue with the appeal to a seventeen year old kid who might have gone to FSU and left Miami territory.

Iowa will never and should never try to be Miami. Let me make myself clear in that regard. Having a little fun and innovative shouldn't be outlawed or looked down upon as cheap. Only Notre Dame can get away with that houity touity attitude.

Lets get a garbage can for the sack master.

Giant Apple Turnover, if you get a turnover you get it on the sideline?

How about a big stick, if you make a big hit, you ge to carry the stick around on the sideline/

Iowa is far too dull and unimaginative to ever consider anything to pull in the average viewer ....... at least under your current regime. Get rid of the dullard and forget this corncob poor us crap, or give Ferentz and his son free reign to dull you for the next decade. I mean you guys got excited over getting a midfield logo this year.

Before any of you get your feelings hurt I would like to clarify I am bashing your coach and his apologists. Nothing against your program or it's fans in general... so if you feel like shedding a tear and unleashing your message board superpowers on the evil posters you disagree with.....stop. Good luck against Purdue and Nebraska but not too much, or Ferentz will get another 5 years;)

Iowa is far too dull and unimaginative to ever consider anything to pull in the average viewer
Yes because the average viewer would be attracted to a football game if there is jewelry involved.

Yes because the average viewer would be attracted to a football game if there is jewelry involved.
Not entirely my point there......... You excited about Iowa and it's future ability to compete and beat Wisconsin? Iowa is stuck in the mud with your dullard coach and if you are happy...swell. The chain is dumb and O.P is delusional to think Iowa should replicate it. What I'm saying is Iowa will never be cool or innovative under Kirkland. Even that Minnesota goof has instilled some excitement for that program.

Frost will do the same for Nebraska... Wisconsin is gonna be good and you still have the four in the EAST division.

Not a fan. Reminds me of the cheesy helmet stickers.
It's great to get all pumped up...but a chain... act like you have don't it before.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT