ADVERTISEMENT

Hertz CEO steps down after figuring out that purchasing 100,000 Teslas was a really stupid idea....

I've got a cousin with a Tesla. Her family had a flat and no spare with her while traveling from San Fran to Reno. She was supposedly stranded for a couple days while a tire was shipped in for the POS because no one locally had a tire. They sound really great.
Your cousin sounds like a dumbass, must run in your family.

Just watched something on YT from the Car Edge channel. They took a brand new Ford Lightning that is listed at roughly $95,000 right now in a market within the US. They then put the VIN out for sale, listed it as used with 500 miles - to get offers from dealers in the same market that has it listed for sale brand new at $95k (!).

They got an offer for a shade over $39,000. I mean, it's still effectively a brand new vehicle...quickie math indicates that's roughly a 60% depreciation once it pulls off the lot.

That's utterly INSANE.

This is not true. I changed the tires on my 4,600 pound model S at around 60k miles and 6 years or so of usage. The only way you get the kind of wear you mention is if you are exclusively in Plaid or ludicrous mode and constantly accelerate to the max ability of the car. That simply isn’t practical, or even possible, in normal driving scenarios.

Gee, how do you think people drive a rented Tesla?

I agree but there’s not anywhere to stow it. 🫤
Really? Seems there should be room for a spare in that vehicle. I’m assuming you have run flats, but in my experience with them, I’d feel much better having a spare as well.

Reactions: goldmom
Gee, how do you think people drive a rented Tesla?
Sticking to your guns that Tesla’s need new tires every 20K miles huh? You are wrong, but it seems pointless to argue with you as you have a clear cognitive bias against EVs. They aren’t for everyone, especially people who frequently drive when it is more time efficient to fly, but it’s not because the tires wear out at 20K.

For many of us that mostly drive in one city they are a better option than an ICE.

Really? Seems there should be room for a spare in that vehicle. I’m assuming you have run flats, but in my experience with them, I’d feel much better having a spare as well.
Why? If I have a flat, I won't be changing the tire myself anyway. Also, they are designed for no spare tire.

Sticking to your guns that Tesla’s need new tires every 20K miles huh? You are wrong, but it seems pointless to argue with you as you have a clear cognitive bias against EVs. They aren’t for everyone, especially people who frequently drive when it is more time efficient to fly, but it’s not because the tires wear out at 20K.

For many of us that mostly drive in one city they are a better option than an ICE.

You didn't answer the question.

Do you not think people who rent a Tesla drive them as hard as they can make them go? Just for the fun of it (and because they don't own it)?

You didn't answer the question.

Do you not think people who rent a Tesla drive them as hard as they can make them go? Just for the fun of it (and because they don't own it)?
Of course they will. My point is you simply can’t do that continuously - believe me if I could I would in my own car, the torque in an EV is so much fun. But traffic, stoplights, etc really prevent you from going balls to the wall all the time. Despite my best efforts, my tires lasted 60k.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT