ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Christians. You're Voting for Good or Evil.

What a crock of shit. I know my southern FIL’s church preaches much the same. Trump is the Christians choice and Biden is the devil. The problem is many of these devoted Christians do not think for themselves and anything their church or pastor says is the holy word of god.

There are dozens of different Christian belief systems for this reason. There are many different interpretations of the bible. It’s not a one size fits all system. God gave us a brain for a reason, to use our own thoughts and free thinking. Whether you are a catholic, Methodist, or Luther, you were provided this amazing gift and his son died for you.

Use your mind, and heart, to make sound decisions for you and your needs. My personal opinion is that’s what god desires us to do.

and we vote by the millions for him and he shall win. keep up with that.
these-george-costanza-gifs-are-life

Who do you guys think the Pharisees were?

From my church and Sunday School days I recall the Pharisees as the high priests of the Jewish faith who basically ran the show. They were the ones who were set in their ways only believing the strict teachings of the Torah. They were inflexible much like certain Christian groups today. They didn't accept Jesus. Jesus was mingling with the tax collectors, prostitutes and Gentiles (non-Jews) and the Pharisees didn't like it ... If Jesus was on this earth today he would be mingling with Transgender, Gays, Lesbians, homeless giving them hope, love and understanding, but much like the Pharisees the right wing Christians would not like it and continue to persecute some of these people (LGBQT community, not the homeless).

When I compare todays right wing religious groups to the Pharisees, this is what I'm talking about.

From my church and Sunday School days I recall the Pharisees as the high priests of the Jewish faith who basically ran the show. They were the ones who were set in their ways only believing the strict teachings of the Torah. They were inflexible much like certain Christian groups today. They didn't accept Jesus. Jesus was mingling with the tax collectors, prostitutes and Gentiles (non-Jews) and the Pharisees didn't like it ... If Jesus was on this earth today he would be mingling with Transgender, Gays, Lesbians, homeless giving them hope, love and understanding, but much like the Pharisees the right wing Christians would not like it and continue to persecute some of these people (LGBQT community, not the homeless).

When I compare todays right wing religious groups to the Pharisees, this is what I'm talking about.
The Pharisees were not the High Priests of the Jewish faith they were a sect of Jews who had "augmented" the Torah with many of their own traditions and then chastised those who didn't comply. This alone disqualifies evangelicals from being modern day Pharisees as they overwhelmingly believe in Sola Scriptura. Now there is a vocal minority of "evangelicals" who will decry homosexuals, trangenders, etc as unredeemable, that is antithetical to what the Word of God says. All men are redeemable if they are repentant and acknowledge their need for a Savior. Now, while Jesus was hanging out with the sinners of His day, do you think He was telling them what they wanted to hear or was He telling them the truth, that they could not continue on in their sin with no repercussions? Or, was he explaining to them Gods eternal truths and how they could participate and enjoy in His mercy and grace?

In reality, the Catholic Church has much more in common with the Pharisees of Jesus' day than evangelicals.

The Pharisees were not the High Priests of the Jewish faith they were a sect of Jews who had "augmented" the Torah with many of their own traditions and then chastised those who didn't comply. This alone disqualifies evangelicals from being modern day Pharisees as they overwhelmingly believe in Sola Scriptura. Now there is a vocal minority of "evangelicals" who will decry homosexuals, trangenders, etc as unredeemable, that is antithetical to what the Word of God says. All men are redeemable if they are repentant and acknowledge their need for a Savior. Now, while Jesus was hanging out with the sinners of His day, do you think He was telling them what they wanted to hear or was He telling them the truth, that they could not continue on in their sin with no repercussions? Or, was he explaining to them Gods eternal truths and how they could participate and enjoy in His mercy and grace?
High priests or not my point is valid. They tried to dictate policy that Jesus wasn’t going to adhere to. I think Jesus would tell them to live right with God. I don’t think he would damn them (gays) for being true to who they are (i.e. it isn’t a lifestyle choice ).

High priests or not my point is valid. They tried to dictate policy that Jesus wasn’t going to adhere to. I think Jesus would tell them to live right with God. I don’t think he would damn them (gays) for being true to who they are (i.e. it isn’t a lifestyle choice ).
He would tell all sinners that acting contrary to Gods will has repercussions that they'll have to deal with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT