ADVERTISEMENT

High stepping is OK for some, just not Wadley

A

anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba

While watching the MSU-Indiana game, I noticed that the high-stepping "rule" apparently only applies to Iowa and Wadley. Hell, LJ Scott did the same damn thing Wadley did while scoring the clinching TD, but not only did the officials totally ignore it, so did the TV announcers. I know some people on here quoted the rule after the Wadley thing and said that, even if you don't like the call, it was correct "according to the rule." Apparently not if you're LJ Scott and Michigan State.

This is just one more in the myriad of examples of why it's hard to watch sports. If high-stepping is "excessive celebration" once, it's excessive celebration every freaking time. Except it's not. BS.

"They vary." That's cute. But what about the rules written down in a book somewhere. They don't "vary." BS.

"They vary." That's cute. But what about the rules written down in a book somewhere. They don't "vary." BS.
Cute, but true. It's a rule, but only going to be enforced if the official "sees" it happen. Sometimes they just go into ignore mode.

Would have taken a possibly winning td off the board for a top 20 team. Ref didn't want the spotlight.

I'm really over it but the ref that called that was the guy that wanted to be part of the game not officiate the game. I will continue to liken him that call to a police officer who pulls you over for going 27 in a 25. Technically you're breaking the law but the cop is a complete d-bag for doing that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT