ADVERTISEMENT

Hillary is saying Tulsi is being groomed by the Russians

This feels like what happened in 2016.

At some point the Hillary folks started lying and attacking to fend off a surging Bernie. It worked. But the price was huge. Real hostility between natural allies. Friends and family members unfriending each other and never talking again. Bernie supporters refusing to vote for Hillary - notwithstanding that Bernie was campaigning hard for her.

That hostility wasn't happening in this race. Yet.

And then Hillary jumps in with this bullshit - and tears away the stitches on the not-quite-healed wounds.

This will cost the Dems some votes. Maybe not enough to matter. But folks like Amy and Pete are already going dirty against Lizzie and Bernie. They are appealing to the Hillary supporters who are still mad at Bernie, and who are willing to accept milquetoast solutions to existential problems.

This is not good for the nation, much less the Dem party.
I don't know what's funnier, to hear you of all people bitching about politicians playing dirty, or for you to expect people who lack integrity to all of a sudden operate with it during an election cycle.

You might wanna look up who Evan McMullin is, too. Because he's not a "liberal Dem", and he's calling out Tulsi as regurgitating Kremlin talking points.
Is she regurgitating Kremlin talking points or saying what she believes?

Based on her history, I think she's saying what she believes.

Most - not all but most - of her positions are good to very good progressive positions.

Just about any anti-war American could be accused of being a Russian asset or regurgitating Kremlin talking points with this sort of reasoning.

Bot monitoring on Twitter is one main resource.
Career civil servants point out many others. When both "left" and "right" career folks are telling you the same thing, it's kinda smart to listen.

You might wanna look up who Evan McMullin is, too. Because he's not a "liberal Dem", and he's calling out Tulsi as regurgitating Kremlin talking points.

Avoid Lew Rockwell, and basically any source you Bud Nat posts, because although a few of them might be reliable, most are not.
The screw is fully loose.

Bot trackers have identified thousands of Troll Farm accounts. All you have to do is see what their "Narrative du Jour" is.
The narrative du jour of most lefties is that Trump deserves to be impeached.

Calling something a talking point or a narrative du jour is only a good attack if the talking point is wrong. That one isn't.

We are in complete agreement (I think) that foreign and corporate and PAC bots should be stopped in their tracks if our democracy is to survive.

But meantime, reasonable people can disagree on whether specific talking points - regardless of origin - have merit or not.

You need to justify the "you of all people" slur.
Lol, no anyone who's read 10% of your posts knows you only care about honesty and integrity when it suits your positions. Is that really that hard to admit?
Hell I recall the first thread I started on here years ago regarding Obama leaving a prayer at the wailing wall and asking how that made his atheist supporters feel. And you justified it based on him needing to sell the lie of his faith to get elected. So spare us please.

Reactions: MikeyHawk
Lol, no anyone who's read 10% of your posts knows you only care about honesty and integrity when it suits your positions. Is that really that hard to admit?
Well, it wouldn't be hard to admit if it were true, but it's actually a pretty shameful lie.

The fact that you don't realize this says a lot about you.

I ruffle my share of feathers here and express strong, occasionally unpopular views, but even those who disagree forcefully with me usually credit my honesty and integrity.

Is she regurgitating Kremlin talking points or saying what she believes?

Based on her history, I think she's saying what she believes.

Most - not all but most - of her positions are good to very good progressive positions.

Just about any anti-war American could be accused of being a Russian asset or regurgitating Kremlin talking points with this sort of reasoning.

Yup

Hell I recall the first thread I started on here years ago regarding Obama leaving a prayer at the wailing wall and asking how that made his atheist supporters feel. And you justified it based on him needing to sell the lie of his faith to get elected. So spare us please.
Huh?

Assuming for the moment that you haven't made that up or misrepresented my point more than is obvious, what exactly is dishonest or lacking in integrity in what you say I said?

I mean that act was purely symbolic. Nice photo op. Plays well with religious folk back home. Doesn't hurt for a guy under attack as a secret Muslim to be seen doing that. I could easily have said something like that.

That's just opining on the obvious, not "justifying." I don't see and wouldn't have seen any need to "justify" that behavior. And as an atheist it doesn't please me, but I don't really care.

Last edited:
Huh?

Assuming for the moment that you haven't made that up or misrepresented my point more than is obvious, what exactly is dishonest or lacking in integrity in what you say I said?

I mean that act was purely symbolic. Nice photo op. Plays well with religious folk back home. Doesn't hurt for a guy under attack as a secret Muslim to be seen doing that. I could easily have said something like that.

That's just opining on the obvious, not "justifying." I don't see and wouldn't have seen any need to "justify" that behavior. And as an atheist it doesn't please me, but I don't really care.
If you can even read your justification and not think its lacking in integrity then well... it actually explains my original point pretty clearly. It's just who you are... You justified Obama lying about being a believer, and leaving a prayer at an extremely holy place in the minds of Christians, as a way of appeasing his religious followers.

Not perfect but better than nothing.

I usually agree with them pretty closely.
I don't understand the concept of a site explaining to the public what their opinion is. Who are these arbiters of the public square? I can judge for myself. I don't need anyone keeping me between the guardrails of "allowable" opinion.

Reactions: strummingram
Try to forgive me for not trusting a former CIA agent. I mean, really, dude... their job description is literally "Deceive." The CIA has been involved in more upheaval and black-op, and deposing democratically-elected leaders in favor of despots that will accommodate western corporate bidding, than I care to list. If you trust the CIA, that's fine. I don't.
Oh puhleeeaze! Those are Kremlin talking points. Only a Putin puppet would whisper such heresy. ;)

Bot monitoring on Twitter is one main resource.
Career civil servants point out many others. When both "left" and "right" career folks are telling you the same thing, it's kinda smart to listen.

Avoid Lew Rockwell, and basically any source you Bud Nat posts, because although a few of them might be reliable, most are not.
How are you qualified to make that statement if you admittedly won't visit that site? All because some site told you not to. What do you know about THAT site? Hell...you wouldn't even open up The Nation (lefty site) link provided because your mind was made up already. You're incredibly narrow minded.

Oh puhleeeaze! Those are Kremlin talking points. Only a Putin puppet would whisper such heresy. ;)
Of course, I'm just going by what I have HEARD, or read, or whatever, about what the CIA has done over the last century. I can't prove any of it. But, the CIA is hardly any institution that I, as an average American citizen, would trust. They're more likely to take me out than protect me!

But, sadly, you do. You can't debate the FACTS presented to you

You don't present "facts". You link conspiracy sites littered with innuendo and opinions.

As noted many times, I debunked Lew Rockwell's "measles" article a couple years ago. I have yet to see you admit he lied to you on that one.

How are you qualified to make that statement if you admittedly won't visit that site? All because some site told you not to.

No. Because most of what you post is utter nonsense and I really don't see reading more conspiracy theory sites as prudent use of my time.

You don't present "facts". You link conspiracy sites littered with innuendo and opinions.

As noted many times, I debunked Lew Rockwell's "measles" article a couple years ago. I have yet to see you admit he lied to you on that one.
BS. Now you're expressing how little you know about the site. He most likely didn't write it. In fact, he writes very little. There are many contributors. The site allows for differing opinions, even with those he disagrees. It's a freedom of the press thing. You wouldn't understand.

This is a good time for you to make broad assertions about "facts". Because every time I get into a discussion regarding your defense of authoritarianism, I lay the fact boom on you via LR. Example, your support position on mandatory vaxxing ala Joseph Mengele. Your sites never mention the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Protection Program. Lew's site alerted the public on the $4.2 Billion in damages paid out to date. Crickets from your sites that ardently defend fascist healthcare.

No. Because most of what you post is utter nonsense and I really don't see reading more conspiracy theory sites as prudent use of my time.
But, you'd prefer to talk in circles for 3 days. That's a better use? People conspire, Sport. Like corporations and government.

Where is your venom towards the MSM that knowingly lies us into war? Or the venom towards the MSM that snockered you on Ukraine? It's ok. No one likes to admit they've been PT Barnumed. But, for God's sake. Quit making a habit of it.

I don't understand the concept of a site explaining to the public what their opinion is. Who are these arbiters of the public square? I can judge for myself. I don't need anyone keeping me between the guardrails of "allowable" opinion.
The value of a site like that is that they scrutinize lots of media that most of us won't have very much experience with. And they do so with a consistent set of criteria to measure their factual foundations, reliance on distortion, and so on.

Like the various fact-checkers, they aren't necessarily perfect, but can be quite useful.

If, for example, someone cites a source about something that sounds dubious, checking the Media Bias rating of that group can be a big help.

At the moment, I don't know of another group doing this - certainly not on this scale. Do you? I mean we could end up with good and bad media-raters, just like we now have good and bad fact-checkers. But I don't think that's where we are now.

The value of a site like that is that they scrutinize lots of media that most of us won't have very much experience with. And they do so with a consistent set of criteria to measure their factual foundations, reliance on distortion, and so on.

Like the various fact-checkers, they aren't necessarily perfect, but can be quite useful.

If, for example, someone cites a source about something that sounds dubious, checking the Media Bias rating of that group can be a big help.

At the moment, I don't know of another group doing this - certainly not on this scale. Do you?
I mean we could end up with good and bad media-raters, just like we now have good and bad fact-checkers. But I don't think that's where we are now.
Glad you asked. Here are a few articles to read.
https://www.mintpressnews.com/?s=newsguard

It has always been the case for the moneyed elite to control information.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Why TF is a prospective Presidential candidate running ads on a former Secretary of State who hasn't been in office in >5 years?

This doesn't seem "odd" to anyone?

no. It’s a good way to increase popularity by picking on one of the least popular politicians of the last 40 years who went out of her way to attack a candidate

No offense, but why is that at all hard to understand?

no. It’s a good way to increase popularity by picking on one of the least popular politicians of the last 40 years who went out of her way to attack a candidate

No offense, but why is that at all hard to understand?

Hillary Clinton isn't running against her.

Why didn't she attack Mitt Romney, Al Gore or Jimmy Carter?

Because they aren’t nearly as hated as Hillary and thus are less likely to raise Gabbard’s popularity?

Again. Clinton isn't running. And Gabbard is supposedly trying for a Dem nomination. Sure, 50% of Dems hate Clinton. Another 50% do not. Why alienate half the base you're trying to get a nomination from?

Makes zero sense to do that as part of a nomination. Makes more sense AFTER YOU'RE THE NOMINEE to get GOP votes.

Why TF is a prospective Presidential candidate running ads on a former Secretary of State who hasn't been in office in >5 years?

This doesn't seem "odd" to anyone?

If said former bitch wasn't accusing said prospective candidate of being a Russian asset, maybe said prospective candidate wouldn't need to address said former bitch

EDIT: Stop defending Hillary. We know you dislike Gabbard and love you some Clinton.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT