ADVERTISEMENT

Hispanic residents account for over 80% of Nebraska population growth

What specific voting rights will be repealed?

What rights will people lose? I see some generalizations in your response but not really any concrete specifics
It has been well documented about how some minorities in certain states have been stripped of their voting rights with no appeal available to them. Gerrymandering continues to be a serious problem…Court appointees (judges) continue to be more politicized at both the Federal and state levels…(Iowa included)…voting hours restrictions affect all potential voters in one way or another…

It has been well documented about how some minorities in certain states have been stripped of their voting rights with no appeal available to them. Gerrymandering continues to be a serious problem…Court appointees (judges) continue to be more politicized at both the Federal and state levels…(Iowa included)…voting hours restrictions affect all potential voters in one way or another…

Gerrymandering does not strip anyone of their voting rights. Although it does affect who gets elected I guess. It’s been going since 1800 or so.

Can you point me to specifically to a law/act has stripped voting rights of minorities?

I would agree that court appointees are politicalized. From both sides of the fence.

If voting hour restrictions affect ALL potentially voters then wouldn’t both sides be affected equally?

Gerrymandering does not strip anyone of their voting rights. Although it does affect who gets elected I guess. It’s been going since 1800 or so.

Can you point me to specifically to a law/act has stripped voting rights of minorities?

I would agree that court appointees are politicalized. From both sides of the fence.

If voting hour restrictions affect ALL potentially voters then wouldn’t both sides be affected equally?
If you have followed the voting rights controversies in Alabama specifically, you would know. Also, North Carolina. Follow the law suits and decisions of the SC that have allowed the voting rights act of 1965 to be curtailed…..Follow the actions of state legislatures as they have reduced voting opportunities by limiting poll availabilities for its citizens….including here in Iowa….specifically “absentee” voting…..by unilaterally deciding “straight ticket” voting is some how detrimental……The assault on voter’s rights has been broad and yet targeted. I suggest you do some of your own research, and perhaps, wake the phuque up to what is happening……ALEC and Republicans are busy at work.

Reactions: WSC72
If you have followed the voting rights controversies in Alabama specifically, you would know. Also, North Carolina. Follow the law suits and decisions of the SC that have allowed the voting rights act of 1965 to be curtailed…..Follow the actions of state legislatures as they have reduced voting opportunities by limiting poll availabilities for its citizens….including here in Iowa….specifically “absentee” voting…..by unilaterally deciding “straight ticket” voting is some how detrimental……The assault on voter’s rights has been broad and yet targeted. I suggest you do some of your own research, and perhaps, wake the phuque up to what is happening……ALEC and Republicans are busy at work.

I’ll do some reading on Alabama. Thanks.

Stories like this one are why you hear people on Fox spouting off about white replacement. This is the stuff that keeps the GOP base up at night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT