ADVERTISEMENT

Holy moly - Florida accounts for1 of every 5 hospitalized Covid patients in America…

It’s coming north.

In my opinion it’ll be like last year.

Florida gets the summer tourism/ Air Conditioning surge. Midwest is due October/November. California November December.

Florida has a similar vaccination rate as Iowa and the country as a whole.

PNTFYGLDQNDYFHTYFZ2V4KLIFE.jpg

It’s coming north.

In my opinion it’ll be like last year.

Florida gets the summer tourism/ Air Conditioning surge. Midwest is due October/November. California November December.

Florida has a similar vaccination rate as Iowa and the country as a whole.
Only problem with that theory is Florida got the third wave just as bad too in winter. This is our fourth. Covid Delta is not waiting until fall. Way too infectious. Everyone needs to get their vaccine. Also Florida has some really low vaccinated counties, tourism issues, and the border to Mexico.

Last edited:
Only problem with that theory is Florida got the third wave just as bad too in winter. This is our fourth. Covid Delta is not waiting until fall. Way too infectious. Everyone needs to get their vaccine. Also Florida has some really low vaccinated counties, tourism issues, and the border to Mexico.
I’d guess most states have really low vaccinated counties. The average of all counties equals over 50%, which is like Iowa and America.

I’d guess most states have really low vaccinated counties. The average of all counties equals over 50%, which is like Iowa and America.
Yeah, but a 30% vaccination rate in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa - population 42,066 is far, far different from a 30% vaccination rate in Duval County, Fla. - population 955,557.

That county alone has almost one-third the population of the entire state of Iowa and is also much more dense.

Look for yourself. Iowa and Midwest have done good job of more universal rates geographically than the south. I will let you do the research on the county shades in the south and their presidential votes for Biden.

Yeah, but a 30% vaccination rate in Cerro Gordo County, Iowa - population 42,066 is far, far different from a 30% vaccination rate in Duval County, Fla. - population 955,557.

That county alone has almost one-third the population of the entire state of Iowa and is also much more dense.
Duval is at 46% fully vaccinated. Unfortunately, the quickest path is for the morons that chose not to get vaxxed to just get covid.

I feel fortunate to live in a zip code that is 80% vaccinated. Throughout this entire pandemic, people have been very responsible and respectful in regards to masks/social distancing. I know very few people in my area that have been infected by Covid, let alone seriously. Pretty impressive for any area that has ~80,000 people in an area of slightly more than 3 square miles.

So this thing may “come north”, but I feel comforted knowing that people here are taking the appropriate precautions and the likelihood of ending up like Florida is minimal.

Cerro Gordo is actually doing better than most, including your home county. Our worst counties are:

Sioux
Decatur
Davis
Van Buren

So one county that should be given to South Dakota and three others that should become part of Missouri.

Cerro Gordo is actually doing better than most, including your home county. Our worst counties are:

Sioux
Decatur
Davis
Van Buren

So one county that should be given to South Dakota and three others that should become part of Missouri.
Sioux county has some of the best farmland in the state. I prefer we keep it. Also there was a joint Stanford and Harvard study that showed Sioux County Iowa was the number 1 place to raise a success child.

We really should build that wall along the Florida-Mexico border.

Sioux
Decatur
Davis
Van Buren

Davis and Can Buren better get their shit together before I come deer hunting 😊

The Florida county with the lowest rate of vaxxed is Columbia. Sits at the crossroads of I-75 and I-10 in the center of North Florida. About 73,000 people.

Sioux
Decatur
Davis
Van Buren

During the Black Death, the plague had caused few deaths on some counties of Europe instead of the common one third. For the most part those places spared were not well travelled.

Thank god pursuant to worldometers that Florida had zero new cases or deaths yesterday. What a turnaround!*

*sarcasm
Welp, I had a second friend pass away from Covid overnight. He lived and contracted it in Florida but was hospitalized in Dothan Alabama. I wouldn't be surprised if Florida doesn't report his death in their numbers. Also wouldn't be surprised if Alabama doesn't either.

Welp, I had a second friend pass away from Covid overnight. He lived and contracted it in Florida but was hospitalized in Dothan Alabama. I wouldn't be surprised if Florida doesn't report his death in their numbers. Also wouldn't be surprised if Alabama doesn't either.
Wow so sorry to hear that DFS. Was he vaccinated?

COVID-19 hospitalization rates among non-Hispanic Black people and Hispanic or Latino people are both about 4.7 times the rate of non-Hispanic white people.

I feel fortunate to live in a zip code that is 80% vaccinated. Throughout this entire pandemic, people have been very responsible and respectful in regards to masks/social distancing. I know very few people in my area that have been infected by Covid, let alone seriously. Pretty impressive for any area that has ~80,000 people in an area of slightly more than 3 square miles.

So this thing may “come north”, but I feel comforted knowing that people here are taking the appropriate precautions and the likelihood of ending up like Florida is minimal.
One of the biggest problems per the pandemic now is that it's the highly vaccinated places that are also going to be the places where people will generally still be engaging in mitigation measures like masking and social-distancing.

Because Murica is a completely effed up place, it will be the low vaccination areas where people are also engaging in the least, if not the outright flouting of mitigation measures.

I personally know a 70 yr old overweight bachelor in the IC area who still refuses to get vaccinated, doesn't mask unless forced, and whose daily life consists of moving from one hang-out place to another. I just imagine a whole society of those types in rural areas and the south.

It would be one thing if the non-vaccinated would engage in mitigation measures, but they're generally doing the exact opposite.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT