ADVERTISEMENT

Holy moly - Florida accounts for1 of every 5 hospitalized Covid patients in America…

That appears to be an article on hospitalizations. You were talking about vaccination rates and gave out a very specific number that is not referenced in that article.
The figure that I threw out is on hospitalizations and that is referenced in that article from the CDC.

i’m surprised you are unaware of the differences in vaccination rates along racial lines. Black folks are understandably hesitant given that the government used to run experiments on them 50-60 years ago. Hispanics are also lower but that is also pretty understandable. Many don’t have perfect immigration status, have language or access barriers etc.

The figure that I threw out is on hospitalizations and that is referenced in that article from the CDC.

i’m surprised you are unaware of the differences in vaccination rates along racial lines. Black folks are understandably hesitant given that the government used to run experiments on them 50-60 years ago. Hispanics are also lower but that is also pretty understandable. Many don’t have perfect immigration status, have language or access barriers etc.

All I’ve asked for is a link to the stat. Literally no one has been able to produce it for me yet.

Reactions: billanole
Another absolutely disgusting thing about what is happening is we are not getting a breakdown of statistics. The death toll of Leon County has been at 332 since end of May, despite the local hospital stating they may need a refrigerated morgue truck and us making national news when a 14 month child died and ICUs being full of Covid patients since early July. We likely have had 50 people or more die since end of May. No reported deaths by county. No demographics. No daily reports. It’s unconscionable and like living in a ****ing dictatorship.

• Sad
Reactions: billanole
It’s in the second link I just sent. Or use your Google machine.
So you wildly overstated the number.

Your post:

COVID-19 hospitalization rates among non-Hispanic Black people and Hispanic or Latino people are both about 4.7 times the rate of non-Hispanic white people.

The article you linked:

Overall, across these 40 states, the percent of White people who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose (50%) was roughly 1.3 times higher than the rate for Black people (40%) and 1.1 times higher than the rate for Hispanic people (45%) as of August 16, 2021

So you literally made up that 4.7 times number and tried to pass it off as fact. That is called disinformation.

So you wildly overstated the number.

Your post:

COVID-19 hospitalization rates among non-Hispanic Black people and Hispanic or Latino people are both about 4.7 times the rate of non-Hispanic white people.

The article you linked:

Overall, across these 40 states, the percent of White people who have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose (50%) was roughly 1.3 times higher than the rate for Black people (40%) and 1.1 times higher than the rate for Hispanic people (45%) as of August 16, 2021

So you literally made up that 4.7 times number and tried to pass it off as fact. That is called disinformation.
No, as I said the hospitalization number is from the first link. Literally cut and paste.

Welp, I had a second friend pass away from Covid overnight. He lived and contracted it in Florida but was hospitalized in Dothan Alabama. I wouldn't be surprised if Florida doesn't report his death in their numbers. Also wouldn't be surprised if Alabama doesn't either.
How old was your friend and did they have any underlying health conditions?

No, as I said the hospitalization number is from the first link. Literally cut and paste.
Ok, so you have no idea what the vaccination rate among blacks is then. As the CDC said, the hospitalization rate being higher is due to historical inequities, NO MENTION of lower vaccination rates:

Long-standing systemic health and social inequities have put many people from racial and ethnic minority groups at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19.

Ok, so you have no idea what the vaccination rate among blacks is then. As the CDC said, the hospitalization rate being higher is due to historical inequities, NO MENTION of lower vaccination rates:

Long-standing systemic health and social inequities have put many people from racial and ethnic minority groups at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
Bro, I included two links in this thread, one on hospitalizations and one on vaccinations.

Bro, I included two links in this thread, one on hospitalizations and one on vaccinations.
Ok, and the vaccination rate is a paltry 1.5 less.

The vast majority of anti-vaxxers are right wing white people. Yet you and others continue to try and dispute that fact with dubious statistics and sowing confusion. We aren’t buying your bullshit.

Ok, and the vaccination rate is a paltry 1.5 less.

The vast majority of anti-vaxxers are right wing white people. Yet you and others continue to try and dispute that fact with dubious statistics and sowing confusion. We aren’t buying your bullshit.
Sorry Torbee, but you are the only one that is confused.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT