ADVERTISEMENT

Hope the Hawks take notice

Feb 5, 2015
I hope White and the boys are paying attention. This is what the tourney is all about. Come to play or go home. ISU wasn't in synch all day, and they'll be back in Ames before half of today's games are in the books. Out before they hardly knew they were in. Don't let it happen to you, Hawkeyes. ISU issued the warning. Please heed it and have some fun while making a long run.

White and the boys will be fine. This one is on Freddy. Didn't get Niang enough minutes. If he could have only shot 25 times they would have won by 6. Fran is the one that needs to take notice.

Originally posted by OC_Hawk:
White and the boys will be fine. This one is on Freddy. Didn't get Niang enough minutes. If he could have only shot 25 times they would have won by 6. Fran is the one that needs to take notice.
But, if UAB hit threes at just 30%, it would have been over early.

Do you really believe Iowa is overconfident? Aside from the whole being from a big conference thing, why would they be? The situations faced by the two teams are not remotely alike. UAB wasn't even a good 14 seed.

As far as our game with Davidson goes, I'm more concerned about what transpired in the GSU-Baylor game happening to us throughout the closing minutes. Lots of garbage shots falling everywhere today in the late minutes because MARCH MADNESS, right?.......right?

The NCAA tournament increases the likelihood of a horribly terrible f***ing shot that would never be close at any other point in the game going in by 86%. True story.

THAT is my only concern when you consider that Davidson is a 3-pt shooting team and will pretend that they're the underdog against a big bad team from the Big Ten in order to motivate themselves to make more garbage threes late in the game.

Just sayin.

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
I hope Iowa is focused on their own stuff and not another team's
Since when has Fran been able to focus a team when it counts?

Fred runs a college team like it is a NBA team by allowing the players to do their own thing on the court,

Originally posted by OldTownPepe:

Originally posted by StormHawk42:
I hope Iowa is focused on their own stuff and not another team's
Since when has Fran been able to focus a team when it counts?
Maybe when they won the last 8 out of 10 Big Ten games to finish this year?

Or maybe when they won 7 of their last 9 games two seasons ago?

How short is your memory?

I think we will definitely come to play.

But coming out to play tripping all over ourselves throwing up bricks is usually the issue a lot of times.

If it could somehow be proven that they were overlooking Davidson BEFORE today's outcomes, every player should be forced to refund their scholarship money for the year. If somehow it could be proven that they overlooked Davidson AFTER today's results, they should be charged with some sort of crime....even if we had to make one up with which to prosecute them.

This is the NCAA tourney. Overlook ANYONE and you are doing so at your own peril.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Nothing that happens tomorrow will surprise me. I can see all kinds of scenarios.

Iowa has 7 NCAA opponents in the pre-season and an 8th, Syracuse was disqualified. Only 5 non-NCAA pre-season opponents. We really have a lot to feel good about. At least the Davis-esqe days are back and with some recruiting upgrades this exposure potentially will give us, we can really enjoy this long haul! We had a heck of a year and a nice outlook in terms of program standing!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT