ADVERTISEMENT

Why Can't the US Get Aid Into Gaza?

Thanks. I’ll start a file that should be overflowing within a month or two.
200w.gif

Reactions: goldmom
assuming the average Hamas member has, likely, the equivalent of a 2nd grade education; it does seem strange Israel cannot deploy various techniques like you mentioned to root em out more effectively.
When there's 300km of tunnel networks under gaza it makes it difficult.

Just think of what the governing body of Gaza (Hamas) could have done with all that money they spent on weapons and tunnel networks for the Palestinian people in Gaza the last 15 years.

Given it's location and climate Gaza should be a Mediterranean paradise right now,.. Hamas has been a cancer on this population...

Reactions: ICHerky and goldmom
We could have just air dropped containers from the back of C-130s. We could have done that immediately, and not have people becoming more and more desperate for 2 1/2 months.

We could have just air dropped containers from the back of C-130s. We could have done that immediately, and not have people becoming more and more desperate for 2 1/2 months.

We did that,.. and the containers tended to come down on top of residents....

Reactions: goldmom
Given how many Republicans keep touting the infrastructure bill (you know the one they voted against) that one sure seems like an “A”.

Plenty to pick at with Biden, but he has done some good things.
He signed a bill to spend a lot of money - that's an accomplishment? At least he ordered the dock built, has he had a hand in even one bridge or road being repaired?

Did you miss the story about Biden dropping expired food into Gaza? The media moved on very quickly from that story for some reason but I know I shared an article or two about it a couple months back

Did you miss the story about Biden dropping expired food into Gaza? The media moved on very quickly from that story for some reason but I know I shared an article or two about it a couple months back
Joe loaded up those pallets? Come on man, I criticize Joe but let's keep it real.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Long-standing American practice. Corporations have contaminated baby food (or whatever) that can't be sold here, so they get the congressmen they own to pass a bill spending taxpayer money to buy up the stuff they can't sell - and then dump it in Latin America or Africa and pass it off as humanitarian aid.

Reactions: Scruddy
He signed a bill to spend a lot of money - that's an accomplishment? At least he ordered the dock built, has he had a hand in even one bridge or road being repaired?
In today’s fractured politics, with obstruction from the far right on virtually everything, and with crumbling infrastructure I do believe building consensus and getting the bill passed is an accomplishment.

Biden announced the pier plan 2 and a half months ago. The pier was finally completed last week. US troops are not allowed to be involved on the ground.

Moving aid from the pier to the land hasn't been working well.

Maybe getting the pier built was more impressive than it looks. I'd like to think that must be it, because it doesn't look that impressive. It certainly doesn't look like it should have taken that long.

But at least it's there now.

With all that lead time, why aren't the food and medicines getting where they need to go? Sure, there are desperate people. And others in it for greed or whatever. So the logistics aren't simple. But we knew all that from the git-go.

Even with the best plans, we could expect some glitches. But it hardly looks like we gave much thought to what should happen after the pier was built.

A for concept.
C for execution.
F for effectiveness (so far).
What difference does it make? Hamas is hijacking the supplies anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT