ADVERTISEMENT

Horseshoe in 2022

IChawkeye45

Rookie
Jul 19, 2022
Regardless if we lose by 50 Saturday, Lester has us headed in the right direction. I’ll never forget how the mood changed from Ohio State fans in the endzone stands two years ago. When Joe Evans had that strip sack touchdown on CJ Stroud OSU fans were super tense. I told them not to worry our offense still had 3 and a half quarters left. By halftime I had OSU fans literally apologizing to me and asking how the powers that be let this happen to our offense. They were in shock and couldn’t believe how bad it was until they saw it in person. Go Hawks! Let’s bring back the anxiety to Buckeye fans Saturday.

Let’s see if Lester can get us more than a FG against a top team.

The passing game is such a mess than either Iowa abandons the one thing they’ve been good at or they throw up the white flag and keep running but more to get the game over faster

A very telling story and the bad part was Kirk stuck with Brian in 2023. There was no doubt during after 2022 that Brian was terrible and way in over his head.
Exactly. I have a lot of respect for KF, but it dropped a few notches when he brought back BF for 2023. There really wasn't any defense for that decision.

Let’s see if Lester can get us more than a FG against a top team.

The passing game is such a mess than either Iowa abandons the one thing they’ve been good at or they throw up the white flag and keep running but more to get the game over faster
Brian couldn’t even get us a field goal against three ranked teams last year. Lester can’t do any worse than that!

I remember the guys on the halftime show being very complimentary of Iowa's defense that game. If I recall a huge chunk of their points came off turnovers and short fields

and he was setting things up to use injuries as the excuses to bring him back this year if Beth hadn't stepped in
That's unfortunately where my longtime support for KFZ died. When he as much as stated that the offensive coaches were all getting passes last year due to all the injuries, it was obvious he could no longer be objective. I still can't believe that he allowed his offensive coordinator and son to be made a national laughingstock. Then Beth thankfully stepped in. I really thought he'd retire after Brian was shown the door. I hope we're competitive tomorrow but I don't think we will be.

I remember the guys on the halftime show being very complimentary of Iowa's defense that game. If I recall a huge chunk of their points came off turnovers and short fields
One of the few times I thought the defense played outstanding and we gave up 50+ points.
For sure. The short fields the first half and just being on the field the whole damn game against arguably the best offense in the nation led to them scoring 50 plus. If Iowa had just played ball control And went 3 and out and ran the clock down and punted OSU probably has half the points they got in that game and probably less than that. The 22 defense was insanely good which made the fact the offense was so inept even more frustrating.

Reactions: ButtersHawk
For sure. The short fields the first half and just being on the field the whole damn game against arguably the best offense in the nation led to them scoring 50 plus. If Iowa had just played ball control And went 3 and out and ran the clock down and punted OSU probably has half the points they got in that game and probably less than that. The 22 defense was insanely good which made the fact the offense was so inept even more frustrating.
Someone did the math, and punting on first down was actually the smarter play.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Regardless if we lose by 50 Saturday, Lester has us headed in the right direction. I’ll never forget how the mood changed from Ohio State fans in the endzone stands two years ago. When Joe Evans had that strip sack touchdown on CJ Stroud OSU fans were super tense. I told them not to worry our offense still had 3 and a half quarters left. By halftime I had OSU fans literally apologizing to me and asking how the powers that be let this happen to our offense. They were in shock and couldn’t believe how bad it was until they saw it in person. Go Hawks! Let’s bring back the anxiety to Buckeye fans Saturday.
Just scoring vs a team that is over .500 is a big improvement. Try to get out with anything less than a 40 pt loss so, Cowturd and national media don't sh*t all over us all next week . Good thing about being so bad, is they really don't care anymore and rarely mentioned, if at all.
Get this butt kicking over with and get back into our lane vs a rebuiding Wash team. Thank god, imagine playing those guys last year, with a 26 year old Pennis and those receivers, would had made PennSt and Tennessee drubbings look close.

Yes, BIG hates Iowa
Wrong! If not for a generous BIG, KF would had been long gone. The BIG schedule has been beyond favorable. Whatever is going on keep it. It could be much much worse. Imagine playing Michigan's schedule this year LOL.

Just scoring vs a team that is over .500 is a big improvement. Try to get out with anything less than a 40 pt loss so, Cowturd and national media don't sh*t all over us all next week . Good thing about being so bad, is they really don't care anymore and rarely mentioned, if at all.
Get this butt kicking over with and get back into our lane vs a rebuiding Wash team. Thank god, imagine playing those guys last year, with a 26 year old Pennis and those receivers, would had made PennSt and Tennessee drubbings look close.
Washington is a damn good but undisciplined football team from what I saw in person last Friday night.

That offensive performance was not just an absolute joke in its ineptitude, but also a slap in the face to the defense. We would’ve GAINED 15 yards per possession if we had punted it on first down every time we got the ball.

I hate that people see the 54-10 score and say, “See, Iowa’s defense folds against the good teams!” No. Down for down, Iowa bowed up and played incredible defense. Time for a game called “Let’s Look at the Drive Charts!”

Plays-Yards
4 1
1 -13
10 75
4 4
5 17
5 22
8 24

Now, you’re probably thinking “Wow, great defense so far. One TD drive, but a bunch of punts, right? RIGHT?!?!”

Nope!! 26 points. One actual drive. 26 points. Brian was trying to get fired, I swear. And 7 possessions in, that’s what, at least 3 quarters. Well no, because I didn’t include the garbage 8th drive which was a kneeldown to get us to halftime. So there’s still 30 more minutes of this shit.

2nd Half!

Plays-Yards
1 0
3 5
4 15
4 55

At this point it’s 40-10 and the defense is like “Yeah screw this”. Amazingly, OSU scored two TD’s in those 4 drives.

So that’s ELEVEN possessions, two of them traveling more than 24 yards, and Iowa was down by 30. Eleven possessions is a full game. 240 yards given up in 11 possessions to one of the very best offenses in college football. I still get mad thinking about it, and seeing the drive charts is just…infuriating.

If we could have held the ball for THREE minutes per possession in that game with no turnovers, it is a drastically different game. But even that was too much to ask of Bri-guy.

So, that’s all I’m asking from Tim. Three minutes per possession. Don’t lose the turnover battle. Those are pretty simple asks, and also attainable. Do those things, and it will be a respectable ballgame.

2022 is not 2024 for Iowa Football. I don't know if the Hawks will win, but we're all going to feel very good about the rest of the season at the end of the game.
I know it's @ OSU and they are really good but we should not be playing for moral victories in our HC 26th season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT