allies launched a military operation involving air strikes in Yemen
against Houthi fighters who have tightened their grip on the southern
city of Aden where the country's president had taken refuge, the Saudi
envoy to Washington said on Wednesday.
Saudi Ambassador Adel
al-Jubeir told reporters a 10-country coalition had joined in the
military campaign in a bid "to protect and defend the legitimate
government" of Yemen President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi. He declined to
give any information on Hadi's whereabouts.
He told reporters that
Saudi Arabia had consulted with the United States but that Washington
was not participating in the military operation. (Reporting By Matt
Spetalnick, Yeganeh Torbati and Sandra Maler)

about f'n time

I'm not sure this is a good thing. A few weeks ago it made more sense. I wanted the Saudi's to get involved in the battle against ISIS. Jumping into Yemen now just creates another Shia / Sunni conflict.
The whole region is mussed up. 600 years ago some guy decides that praying to the same God has to be done a different way and the blood just keeps on spurting.

Originally posted by FlickShagwell:
Originally posted by lucas80:
I'm not sure this is a good thing. A few weeks ago it made more sense. I wanted the Saudi's to get involved in the battle against ISIS. Jumping into Yemen now just creates another Shia / Sunni conflict. 
The whole region is mussed up. 600 years ago some guy decides that praying to the same God has to be done a different way and the blood just keeps on spurting. 
So let 'em at each other. Not sure why a single American dollar, let alone an American life needs to be risked over there. Let half of them die by the other half and do business with the remainder.

Yep, why mess with population control?

Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by lucas80:
The split happened about 1400 years ago not 600. They hold grudges for s long time
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT