ADVERTISEMENT

House of the Dragon

Never understood why that was such a "necessary" aspect of the show. Personally, I could have done w/o much of it.
Did you read the books? There’s far more pervy sex in it than what made it in the movies. There’s two lesbian encounters for Both Dany and Cersei and each character got one really graphic description of said lesbian sex while the other was just a quick reference. Dany very graphically got eaten out by one of her underage handmaids after “getting caught” masturbating and Cersei very graphically fingers a character not brought into the show all the way to a well detailed completion event while Cersei compares it in her mind to handjobs she did for the old fat king.

The show was VERY tame compared to the books.

I wish they had done The Long Night instead.

Not me. I read both The novella forms and the history book versions of the “Dance of Dragons” period and it has a LOT of intrigue. Not just a lot of dragon on dragon violence but constant backstabbing and betrayals. Almost all of the characters in Leadership of both sides are related or intermarried to one another, so the soup operaish levels of betrayal and scheming is even higher than GOT.

While GOT is essentially the English York/Lancaster (hmmm Starke vs Lannister….) civil war period but in feudal settings, the “Dance” civil war amongst the Targs reminds me more of the vicious incestuous infighting of the greek/Macedonian rulers of Egypt from the Ptolemaic dynasty including the most famous Cleopatra and her brother Ptolemy the 13th. Those Ptolemaic nobles bred incestuously brother to sister, father to daughter etc…and would frequently scheme and kill one another even though they were from the same nuclear family. So not third cousins killing one another like the York/Lannister civil war but fathers, daughters, brothers and first cousins all frequently murdering one another.

Too be fair though, GOT fans are owed a lot for that ending of GOT.
I never understood that....you cold see that ending coming....if the good people were going to win. If she came out on top...she was vicious and vindictive with pets that could kill. Granted it was fun to watch for ahwile.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I never understood that....you cold see that ending coming....if the good people were going to win. If she came out on top...she was vicious and vindictive with pets that could kill. Granted it was fun to watch for ahwile.
31eel6.jpg

Just brilliant opener. Did a good job of introductions and why what happens is important. Really sets the stage for the shit hitting the fan in upcoming episodes by naming his successor. This felt a lot like the early GoT.

Last edited:
Meh…was hoping it would be more Dragonny. Also, the lack of midgets is disappointing. And so far, no sad fat cuck to drain from the main story. Other than that, I liked credits font. Was that New Times Roman?

Very solid opener. I thought Daemon was going to kill the Hightower boy. I gotta be honest, I wish they'd have names in subtitles. for the first few episodes. Or, they stop the episode and go to Sean Bean standing at a white board where he diagrams out the characters.
Weird that in 200 years from House to GoT they haven't advanced one bit technologically.

Scorecard-

Possibly the first half second browneye booty clap in hbo history. (Haven't slowed it down yet)

Dude's rapist testicles get lopped off and shown bloody on a wood stump. (But from the back side, not gay, but wanted more, but why not right?)

Subtle hints of incest and lesbianism.

Bloody abortion and infant death.

Welp. Good luck hbo.

Will watch next episode.

Great first episode. Terrific setup. There will be some time jump that will be tricky, but if they stick the landing this might be better than GOT.

The “passing the song of ice and fire” to the heir was never in a book. That’s interesting.

Scorecard-

Possibly the first half second browneye booty clap in hbo history. (Haven't slowed it down yet)

Dude's rapist testicles get lopped off and shown bloody on a wood stump. (But from the back side, not gay, but wanted more, but why not right?)

Subtle hints of incest and lesbianism.

Bloody abortion and infant death.

Welp. Good luck hbo.

Will watch next episode.
the fight cut with the birth was pretty dope. "Birthing is our battlefield."

Very solid opener. I thought Daemon was going to kill the Hightower boy. I gotta be honest, I wish they'd have names in subtitles. for the first few episodes. Or, they stop the episode and go to Sean Bean standing at a white board where he diagrams out the characters.
Weird that in 200 years from House to GoT they haven't advanced one bit technologically.
I’m not that surprised. It seems somewhat akin to the Middle Ages in intrigue and such, so when you have what seems lined up to be a lot of infighting among the power groups culminating in a “mad king”, tech is going to suffer.

I’m not that surprised. It seems somewhat akin to the Middle Ages in intrigue and such, so when you have what seems lined up to be a lot of infighting among the power groups culminating in a “mad king”, tech is going to suffer.
Makes sense. Most of the GOT universe seems like a pretty conservative bunch. They are very into systems, traditions, superstitions, etc. The Targaryens made a system that worked for them and ruled for a couple hundred years. Why change anything?

GOT only took place 20 years after the Targaryens lost the throne.

I hope the older versions of Rhaenyra and Alicent are better. Honestly, I found the first episode kind of slow.

Great first episode. Terrific setup. There will be some time jump that will be tricky, but if they stick the landing this might be better than GOT.

The “passing the song of ice and fire” to the heir was never in a book. That’s interesting.
Peak GOT will never be topped.

My thinking as well, no one stops the wheel, much less destroys it......it's just not what humans do

Technological advancement was extremely slow after the fall of Rome until probably the 12th century in Europe....which would be a decent comparison. In some ways actually regressed...roads, aqueducts, bridges, sewers systems. Europe relied on stuff the Romans built for centuries...

Makes sense. Most of the GOT universe seems like a pretty conservative bunch. They are very into systems, traditions, superstitions, etc. The Targaryens made a system that worked for them and ruled for a couple hundred years. Why change anything?

GOT only took place 20 years after the Targaryens lost the throne.
What I didn’t realize is how recent it was when dragons were still alive. Seemed almost legend with preserved dragon bones in GoT.

It was a great first episode. The king is the sucker at the card table.

There were some awesome scenes but the first episode didn't really suck me in and engage me. When you check your watch to see how much time is left it's not a good sign. To be fair I wasn't really sucked into the original GoT right away but stuck with it and it got great.

Oh, and would love to attend a joust and combat match like that. Dang that looked awesome.

I agree and think it will be more concise and easier to follow since there are not as many players involved and it will be more centric on King's Landing.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT