ADVERTISEMENT

House of the Dragon

They do not evolve to cats. Spoiler alert - they kill each other. They have been getting smaller, but they never get that small full grown. The skull in Kings Landing was Baleron who was the biggest and oldest dragon, he was the last born in Valeria. There are leftover eggs, but no one knows how they hatch.
Weren’t there bones of small dragons in the fighting pits shown in the last couple episodes of GoT? Jon was looking at them.

Quick question.

The dagger that the king had is the same that Arya used to kill the knight king.
I can’t remember where she got that dagger. Was it from little finger from the Vale?
Littlefinger gave it to Bran and Bran gave it to Arya. It was the dagger used to try to kill Bran after he survived the fall. It's story in the show is different than the books.

The time lines still don't add up. This story takes place 272 years before the birth of Dany. There looks to be plenty of full grown dragons at this time. So the understanding that it took centuries for dragons to get smaller and smaller and die off and then become a thing of legend still doesn't make sense. Add a couple of hundred years to the 272 and that would make sense but the time line for all this to happen does seem condensed.

Unless you're thinking that the average life span in Westeros is about 40 years old which would speed up the turnover in generations and lead to a loss of knowledge. Problem with that is there seems to be a whole bunch of old guys at the Citadel that would have a closer link to the past and remember at least some of the tiny dragons. the original GoT made it seem like dragons had been gone for many, many centuries and were almost myth like at that point.
172 years

Watched it Sunday night. Thought it was great. But I had to watch it again last night to make sure I had all of the names right and who was who.

If they would have just given all of the Targaryen, and other characters, first names like Dave, Kevin, Brenda, etc., I would be able to catch on a lot faster.

After the second episode, and knowing the history of where this is going, it seems very GoT like. There's lots of games being played for power. It's going to be awesome, I think. I'm trying to figure out who the true "bad guys" are though.
Like most characters in the series there are shades of grey. Before the TV series there was healthy debate on the books of which side is right and which is wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: noleclone2
Like most characters in the series there are shades of grey. Before the TV series there was healthy debate on the books of which side is right and which is wrong.
In the GoT universe it isn't so much about right and wrong. The better way of thinking about it is what is lawful vs. unlawful along with what is good for the kingdom vs. detrimental.

In GoT season 2 once the realm learns that the kids aren't King Robert's, Renly made a claim to the throne ahead of his older brother Stannis. Completely and utterly didn't make sense from a lawful standpoint. Stannis was the next true born Baratheon and should have been king. The problem is that Stannis wouldn't have been a good ruler as he was too cold of a person and viewed the world only in black and white instead of shades of gray. Plus he let an outside religion that his wife was infatuated with guide his decisions. In the books the brothers are described as thus: Robert as true steel. Stannis is iron, hard and strong but brittle in that he will break before he bends. Renly is copper, bright and shiny but not worth all that much. It would have been bad for the realm to have Stannis as the king, but lawfully he should have been.

In this universe, the King has said who his heir is and the realm swore oaths of fealty to her. When his new wife has a baby boy, should that boy be the new heir even though she has already been named? By the assumed rules of a woman not being eligible for the throne, then Daemon should lawfully be the heir until a boy is born and survives.

All of this gets thrown out of the window once the shit hits the fan and people start picking sides though. Eventually you will see that everyone involved in this story eventually does unlawful deeds in their attempts to get or keep power.

In the GoT universe it isn't so much about right and wrong. The better way of thinking about it is what is lawful vs. unlawful along with what is good for the kingdom vs. detrimental.

In GoT season 2 once the realm learns that the kids aren't King Robert's, Renly made a claim to the throne ahead of his older brother Stannis. Completely and utterly didn't make sense from a lawful standpoint. Stannis was the next true born Baratheon and should have been king. The problem is that Stannis wouldn't have been a good ruler as he was too cold of a person and viewed the world only in black and white instead of shades of gray. Plus he let an outside religion that his wife was infatuated with guide his decisions. In the books the brothers are described as thus: Robert as true steel. Stannis is iron, hard and strong but brittle in that he will break before he bends. Renly is copper, bright and shiny but not worth all that much. It would have been bad for the realm to have Stannis as the king, but lawfully he should have been.

In this universe, the King has said who his heir is and the realm swore oaths of fealty to her. When his new wife has a baby boy, should that boy be the new heir even though she has already been named? By the assumed rules of a woman not being eligible for the throne, then Daemon should lawfully be the heir until a boy is born and survives.

All of this gets thrown out of the window once the shit hits the fan and people start picking sides though. Eventually you will see that everyone involved in this story eventually does unlawful deeds in their attempts to get or keep power.
So, it's sorta like real life. ;)

What I found funny was that my wife wanted to fast forward the sex scenes. I was like wtf babe.

The one hooker he was tagging doggy was way too skinny. I told the wife that there is no way it would sound like that with such a flat ass.
I’d have to go back and listen to it but are you sure what you were hearing wasn’t a long ball slap?

Reactions: ihhawk

Oh for sure. I kicked myself for reading one page too far before this show when I re-read The World of Ice and Fire. It's going to be surprising. I do remember that Rhaenera stood out as much or more as anyone in that "historical" book. She's a bad ass.

Oh for sure. I kicked myself for reading one page too far before this show when I re-read The World of Ice and Fire. It's going to be surprising. I do reme mber that Rhaenera stood out as much or more as anyone in that "historical" book. She's a bad ass.
That little bastard Joffrey already ruined what happens for us in GoT.

Second episode is a little dull. Whole lot of politics. Had a bit of a Star Wars Prequels vibe.

My negatives:
- Two episodes in, and they haven't introduced any characters that are...interesting? GOT threw so many characters at you that were so vivid, right from the jump, for plenty of different reasons. I don't know if it's casting, performances, writing, or source material, but they definitely haven't managed anything similar yet. These characters are just wooden pieces on a chess board. No reason to care about any of them, and nobody you miss when they aren't on screen.
- Pretty predictable so far. Everyone is doing just what you expect them to do based on the setup in the story. They foreshadow everything. I assume this will change as its only two episodes in, but within two episodes GOT was already hitting you with some real shocks and WTF moments. No water cooler events in this one.

Positives:
- It really looks great. It's visually really nice to watch.
- It is a pretty straightforward storyline that isn't too difficult to follow. The smaller stage helps, sometimes in Game of Thrones, early on, there were just so many houses and lands to try to keep up with.

I'm with it, it's still high quality television, but it pales in comparison to GOT by quite a bit so far.

Second episode is a little dull. Whole lot of politics. Had a bit of a Star Wars Prequels vibe.

My negatives:
- Two episodes in, and they haven't introduced any characters that are...interesting? GOT threw so many characters at you that were so vivid, right from the jump, for plenty of different reasons. I don't know if it's casting, performances, writing, or source material, but they definitely haven't managed anything similar yet. These characters are just wooden pieces on a chess board. No reason to care about any of them, and nobody you miss when they aren't on screen.
- Pretty predictable so far. Everyone is doing just what you expect them to do based on the setup in the story. They foreshadow everything. I assume this will change as its only two episodes in, but within two episodes GOT was already hitting you with some real shocks and WTF moments. No water cooler events in this one.

Positives:
- It really looks great. It's visually really nice to watch.
- It is a pretty straightforward storyline that isn't too difficult to follow. The smaller stage helps, sometimes in Game of Thrones, early on, there were just so many houses and lands to try to keep up with.

I'm with it, it's still high quality television, but it pales in comparison to GOT by quite a bit so far.
For the characters, I’m guessing we only get one more episode before they fast forward and replace the younger actors. I’d guess that helps address your concern once we get the final actors on screen.

Watched it Sunday night. Thought it was great. But I had to watch it again last night to make sure I had all of the names right and who was who.

If they would have just given all of the Targaryen, and other characters, first names like Dave, Kevin, Brenda, etc., I would be able to catch on a lot faster.
Maybe it's a Targaryen thing, but, yeah, the names are more difficult. GoT was a little easier.
I almost wish they subtitled the names.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Rhaenyra is such a bad ass. The cool thing is I don't know who, if anyone, I am supposed to get attached to, or root for in this storyline.
Now, there was a slight jump the dragon moment tonight with Daemon killing 50 men by himself, but, I'll allow it.

Reactions: VodkaSam
Rhaenyra is such a bad ass. The cool thing is I don't know who, if anyone, I am supposed to get attached to, or root for in this storyline.
Now, there was a slight jump the dragon moment tonight with Daemon killing 50 men by himself, but, I'll allow it.
What the showrunners forgot during GoT was that the battle sequences were neat, but only needed to be used sparingly. The political intrigue and character conversations are far better. Tonight is a grand example. Great episode that was actually brought down a bit by the battle at the end being unbelievable.

What the showrunners forgot during GoT was that the battle sequences were neat, but only needed to be used sparingly. The political intrigue and character conversations are far better. Tonight is a grand example. Great episode that was actually brought down a bit by the battle at the end being unbelievable.

And I was actually confused, I thought there were only four dragon riders currently, so all of them save for Rhaenyra involved in the war? Feel like it would have been a clear example of disobeying the king of that were so.

No more audacious without consequence than Jon snow’s exploits on the battlefield.

He is supposed to be one of the best warriors in all of Westeros history. He’s going to literally leap off a dragon mid flight at one point in order kill another dragon and its rider once all the kinslaying starts.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT