ADVERTISEMENT

house on the rocks

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
With only 4 weeks of summer left I'm putting together a few weekend trips for the family (Cubs game, Adventureland, etc.)

I recall going to the House on Rocks when I was kid and found it be amazing, circa 1987.

Has anyone been there recently? Is this worth visiting or should I cross it off the list?

Depending on how old your kids are, take them to the City Museum in St Louis.

Super cool, super fun.

PS Be prepared to be a kid again.

PXL_20210320_155353707-1-scaled.jpg

I haven’t been there since probably 1987 either. If you want other reasons to go to that area, the outdoor theater at American Players Theater in Spring Green is a cool place to see a play, you can bring a picnic and grill-out on the grounds before the show. I’m not really into theater much, but I enjoy that particular experience. Also, Governor Dodge State Park is nearby with trails, lakes and beaches. A float on the Wisconsin River (wide, shallow, sandy) can be fun too. All within a few miles of each other.

Reactions: CLUB215 and QChawks
House on the rocks is pretty neat but it's just so long. By the end I found my self hardly looking at anything. It's major museum overload. Last time I went was in 2010. My kids at the time 8 & 10 weren't overly impressed.

I also remember going as a kid and enjoying it but that was also in mid 80s and it was much shorter.

The City museum is awesome. My kids loved that place. Solid recommendation above

Reactions: QChawks
I haven’t been there since probably 1987 either. If you want other reasons to go to that area, the outdoor theater at American Players Theater in Spring Green is a cool place to see a play, you can bring a picnic and grill-out on the grounds before the show. I’m not really into theater much, but I enjoy that particular experience. Also, Governor Dodge State Park is nearby with trails, lakes and beaches. A float on the Wisconsin River (wide, shallow, sandy) can be fun too. All within a few miles of each other.
Second APT wife and I try to go at least once a year.

Reactions: JMNSHO
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT