ADVERTISEMENT

How absolutely chaotic would this coming week have been

TJ8869

HB King
Dec 7, 2006
If Crooks had succeeded in killing Trump? Just one inch to the right and the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party would have died on a temporary stage in a field outside of Pittsburgh, two days before the convention.

Who would have been the nominee? What would have been the process? No one else was even close in the primaries and he hadn’t even selected a running mate yet.

I’m trying to think of a comparable scenario in American history and the closest I can come is RFK in 1968. He had surged ahead of McCarthy and had momentum after winning California, but he still trailed Humphrey by quite a few delegates when he was assassinated.

Even assuming Republicans would have delayed this year’s convention at least until after the funeral, it would have been a huge mess. And turnout in November probably would have been low because a lot of voters would have been pissed off that their preferred candidate didn’t get chosen.

people might realize that the main stream media and the left calling someone a nazi for damn near a decade might just have contributed a tiny bit

I’m trying to think of a comparable scenario in American history and the closest I can come is RFK in 1968. He had surged ahead of McCarthy and had momentum after winning California, but he still trailed Humphrey by quite a few delegates when he was assassinated.

Even assuming Republicans would have delayed this year’s convention at least until after the funeral, it would have been a huge mess. And turnout in November probably would have been low because a lot of voters would have been pissed off that their preferred candidate didn’t get chosen.
I disagree about the low turnout. I think it would be high.
Haley would have her work cut out for her with those hard core MAGA types but she would have had my support.

I disagree about the low turnout. I think it would be high.
Haley would have her work cut out for her with those hard core MAGA types but she would have had my support.
She would have received every “I don’t want to vote for either of them” vote.

This week at the convention is still gonna be a mess with the 10,000 or so Dem protesters coming into town to show their ass. I could see another Charlottesville type event occurring. MAGAs will be in full force daring someone to try some shit.

Imagine being in that hot mess. Awful.

Reactions: seminoleed
people might realize that the main stream media and the left calling someone a nazi for damn near a decade might just have contributed a tiny bit
Mike Pence Insurrection GIF by GIPHY News

I wonder if any major sporting events would have been cancelled/postponed.

Might have avoided the shit-show in Miami last night.

I would be more worried about violence had he been killed. The Secret Service / local LE screwed up in multiple ways so bad that half the country would be convinced the government/Biden assassinated him.

That is my initial thought. MTG and her merry band of idiots would be stirring up so much anger and spreading so many conspiracy theories it’s hard to imagine thee pure wouldn’t be violence.

Reactions: noleclone2
It depends on who's holding the reins: MAGAs or traditional Rs.

If traditional Rs are in charge, I imagine they appeal to Romney and we get a Romney-Haley ticket.

I wouldn't vote for them, but if they won, it wouldn't be a disaster.

If the MAGAs call the shots, God knows what BS ticket they come up with. Jim Jordan and MTG?

She would have received every “I don’t want to vote for either of them” vote.

This week at the convention is still gonna be a mess with the 10,000 or so Dem protesters coming into town to show their ass. I could see another Charlottesville type event occurring. MAGAs will be in full force daring someone to try some shit.

Imagine being in that hot mess. Awful.
A radio pundit down here was saying this morning that Milwaukee police are most likely have a place for them to protest set aside a couple miles away from the convention, and God forbid anyone tries walking away to head towards the convention or the po-po will not be pleasant. They also are bringing in a lot of out of town and out of state police to bolster their numbers (Miami-Dade police are among them).

How much you want to bet tv coverage will be mostly the protestors and what's going on OUTSIDE the arena?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT