ADVERTISEMENT

How big was your HS graduating class?

How big was your high school graduating class?

• 1-20

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • 21-50

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • 51-100

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • 101-200

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • 201-300

Votes: 22 12.3%
  • 301-400

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • 401-500

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • 501-750

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • 751-1000

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • >1000

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
My freshman year we had ~1000 kids in my school in NoVa. My senior year I graduated with about 52 from a school on our base in Tx.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
643. John I Leonard HS in WPB in 1978. Our school was large enough that double sessions were necessary. Juniors and Seniors went in the morning 7am-12:00. Freshmen and Sophomores went in the afternoon 12:30-5:30.

My Junior year there was 9 of us. That school closed so I had to go to school in the town down the road. There was 20 of us there.

• Wow
Waukee was the same way. We were 250 and the freshman were 400+.

I would challenge the Waukee class of 04 was the last class where all the kids that graduated actually knew each other.
My son graduated from Waukee in 21' with 730 plus kids. That was the last class before they went to two high schools. I always found it interesting to look through the trophy cases and see the school class from the 80's to the 90's to when they started blowing up in the mid 2000's. I had 50 in mine and that was two towns. Could never quite get my head around that school size.

Curious from the sex talk thread and the references that indicate knowing who was/wasn't having sex, I'm curious how big your high school graduating class was?

Mine was ~350 students.
The no-pics wife's class was ~1,500 students.
I went to college with some people from really small schools where the class size was less than 20 kids.

How about yours?

My 7th grade class had a total of 8 kids in it, though.

My Junior year there was 9 of us. That school closed so I had to go to school in the town down the road. There was 20 of us there.
My Junior year we had 17.
Consolidated my Senior year and graduated with 53. That would be the largest class in school history. Now consolidated with another 3 schools.
4 of the 17 in my Junior class year have passed away.
My dad had 20 in his class and didn't lose a classmate for 56 years.
My wife's brother is a cattle rancher in Montana. We have been to three graduations there. 2,4, and 5 kids in each graduation class. School started a 6 man football team last year.

I can’t imagine being in such small schools. I’ve never even considered what that’s like.

I run across people in town I never knew I graduated with- which is also wild.

Like officially sanctioned bonfires? No. My Fr. year was the first year of consolidation, so I was pretty unaware of what happened before that--some good bonfires, maybe?

Yes, they used to have huge(keep in mind I was less than 10) bonfires for homecoming in that grassy area behind the football field/swimming pool area. They probably stopped just before consolidating.

Reactions: JMNSHO
We have had multiple people die, car, od, Ect.

This is the craziest one:

He was executed in broad daylight with two pistols to the back of his head as they made him kneel.

"Nobody knows anything about it"

147 in 1981 and I believe it’s still the biggest graduating class ever for Osage. The average class size there is now 74.

My wife’s high school now has an average class size of 29, a parochial school in a bigger town than Osage. Rural Iowa high schools are facing a bit of a sustainability crisis IMO.

74, '92 2 passed away shortly after college. Sucks everyone has started to lose parents the past few years.

9-11 grades about 550 in the class, but then moved and there was 30 to start the year and 25 at graduation at a military base that was drawing down to close 2 years later.

We have had multiple people die, car, od, Ect.

This is the craziest one:

He was executed in broad daylight with two pistols to the back of his head as they made him kneel.

"Nobody knows anything about it"
Well it was after midnight not broad daylight, and he had stolen 3 guns from his grandmother the week before. When dealing with drug dealers and stolen guns in the middle of the night shit might go side ways. I grew up with this guy, he was a real winner.

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/l...cide/526-86f087e0-a934-4972-9791-c4df7df1d3eb

Reactions: NI hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT