ADVERTISEMENT

How big was your HS graduating class?

How big was your high school graduating class?

• 1-20

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • 21-50

Votes: 39 21.8%
  • 51-100

Votes: 38 21.2%
  • 101-200

Votes: 24 13.4%
  • 201-300

Votes: 22 12.3%
  • 301-400

Votes: 18 10.1%
  • 401-500

Votes: 17 9.5%
  • 501-750

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • 751-1000

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • >1000

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Well it was after midnight not broad daylight, and he had stolen 3 guns from his grandmother the week before. When dealing with drug dealers and stolen guns in the middle of the night shit might go side ways. I grew up with this guy, he was a real winner.

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/l...cide/526-86f087e0-a934-4972-9791-c4df7df1d3eb
CJ "Cyrus" was always into bad shit. I think he stole the guns from his grandma to try to.protect himself from the people he had really ****ed over, the people who inevitably killed him.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
My Junior year we had 17.
Consolidated my Senior year and graduated with 53. That would be the largest class in school history. Now consolidated with another 3 schools.
4 of the 17 in my Junior class year have passed away.
My dad had 20 in his class and didn't lose a classmate for 56 years.
My wife's brother is a cattle rancher in Montana. We have been to three graduations there. 2,4, and 5 kids in each graduation class. School started a 6 man football team last year.
Yeah, if you think Iowa is rural, spend some time in eastern MT. The nearest fast food place might be a 3-4 hour drive.

We have had multiple people die, car, od, Ect.

This is the craziest one:

He was executed in broad daylight with two pistols to the back of his head as they made him kneel.

"Nobody knows anything about it"
On the other side, I went to HS and played football with this guy:

In HS he was the nicest straight-laced guy you could meet. I'm not sure what happened to him after HS to change him, but from what I've heard he tried to beat his girlfriend to death. He was convicted of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He got a life sentence, so it must've been pretty bad.

• Wow
Reactions: CaboKP and NI hawk
~550

I decided I wanted my kids to go to a smaller school, I believe my son's class of 2027 is around 200. It offers him a much better opportunity in athletics and with academic attention.

At my HS if you didn't excel, or weren't a problem child, you didn't get noticed and just blended in. I made life long friends, but at a school that size there's just more of everything, good and bad.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I have to imagine they're bigger now due to the merge. Our oldest was in the first graduating class after the merger, where the grads were able to choose whether they want their old or new district name on the diploma.
I'm 90% sure my youngest sister was that class as well. My kid is in kindergarten at WF and it looks like he will have a class in the 60s.

Reactions: FranklinHawk
I went to a small public high school in North Florida with a graduating class of 56.

What's interesting is that they built a high school football powerhouse over the last 10 years with 250 students: two-time defending state champion that routinely beats the doors off schools with 2,000+ kids and sends 3-5 players to D1 every year.

18 in 2003 from Corwith - Wesley - LuVerne in Iowa.
School doesn't exist anymore but surprisingly made it another another 12 years before closing the high school in 2015. The remaining elementary in LuVerne closed in 2023 and is currently being torn down.

Reactions: NI hawk
Around 150, class of 1978. We were the tail end of the baby boomers. I don't think Red Oak has a 100 per grade level anymore. When I was in elementary school there were 5 elementaries in town, now there is only 1.

Reactions: NI hawk
Mine was around 350ish. Funny story: my school was hosting a bunch of other schools for some contest or event. Overheard a girl from one of the tiny nearby schools say "I heard these guys don't even know all the kids in their grade"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT