ADVERTISEMENT

How do you say “HROT”?

HawkeyeShawn

HB Heisman
Nov 9, 2001
This came up last night when my wife (no pic) asked me where I got a recipe. I replied “Hotrot” to which I then realized I don’t think I’ve ever verbalized the name of our Off Topic board. Upon saying it I also realized that I’ve been likely saying the name wrong in my head for quite some time. How do the rest of you say “HROT” with verbally or in your head?

Many options out there.

H-R-O-T, would mean you spell out the abbreviation.

H-ROT, You single out the H, but say “Rot”.

How about the long version, “Hawkeye Report Off Topic”. That’s just too long and painful.

What’s bothering me today is that I don’t know if I can train my brain to pronounce it any other way after all of these years.

I've wondered this for a long time. I guess I don't really say it. It's more along the line of I see the letters together and acknowledge it. I don't know how it is supposed to be said.

This came up last night when my wife (no pic) asked me where I got a recipe. I replied “Hotrot” to which I then realized I don’t think I’ve ever verbalized the name of our Off Topic board. Upon saying it I also realized that I’ve been likely saying the name wrong in my head for quite some time. How do the rest of you say “HROT” with verbally or in your head?

Many options out there.

How about the long version, “Hawkeye Report Off Topic”. That’s just too long and painful.

What’s bothering me today is that I don’t know if I can train my brain to pronounce it any other way after all of these years.
I don't know anyone I speak to that is on HROT. When I see HROT my mind "says" Hawkeye Report Off Topic rather than trying to pronounce an acronym.

Many options out there.

Aitch Rot

Reactions: Moral

Many options out there.

"Aitch-rot"

Oh, I have a good idea why but have stopped myself from deploying that idea on the basketball board.

Smart man. I brought up the issue as it has been referenced in some capacity many times. It was not well received.

Reactions: Moral
Hot Rot

To which my wife then proceeds to call me a dumbass for spending so much time on Hot Rot.
shes-right-you-know.jpg

Hot Rot

To which my wife then proceeds to call me a dumbass for spending so much time on Hot Rot.

Glad to know I’m not the only one. My calls the posters my imaginary friends. To which I reply that they are not imaginary and are definitely not friends.

This conversation usually happens after we try to binge watch a new TV show based on a HROT recommendation.

“Well, I heard Bosch was supposed to be really good.”

“Where did you hear that?”

“Um, you know, just heard it.”

“Oh, THAT message board.”

Reactions: The Tradition

Many options out there.

Isn’t the H silent?

Reactions: THE_DEVIL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT