ADVERTISEMENT

How good has Keegan Murray been in conference play?

Are you talking about CJF....? ConMac...? Or both...? As they both, to a degree, fit that description...
Cmac is the only one who shouldn't be getting minutes. We have a top 10 team if we just play our top guys. Now we went back to Connor being a closer when he is the anti clutch. I would take at least 5 others ahead of Connor shooting ft's to close out the game. We did great in the 2nd half while he was on the bench so I'm not sure why he was brought back in.

Cmac is the only one who shouldn't be getting minutes. We have a top 10 team if we just play our top guys. Now we went back to Connor being a closer when he is the anti clutch. I would take at least 5 others ahead of Connor shooting ft's to close out the game. We did great in the 2nd half while he was on the bench so I'm not sure why he was brought back in.
We? Right.

Iowa did great the whole game. CMac was part of that.

Are you talking about CJF....? ConMac...? Or both...? As they both, to a degree, fit that description...

CJF is a solid defender when he’s healthy. He’s probably the best defender in the starting lineup when he’s healthy.

Reactions: KcTo
CJF is a solid defender when he’s healthy. He’s probably the best defender in the starting lineup when he’s healthy.
I“m sorry, but I respectfully disagree.
I’ve searched everywhere and Every single defensive metric out there that has CJF as the poorest IOWA defender,,so,please show me any bit of evidence that supports the assertion. or game video that shows this best Defender ability, I’m interested in watching the next couple of games to see how well he does and they all do in the M2M

I“m sorry, but I respectfully disagree.
I’ve searched everywhere and Every single defensive metric out there that has CJF as the poorest IOWA defender,,so,please show me any bit of evidence that supports the assertion. or game video that shows this best Defender ability, I’m interested in watching the next couple of games to see how well he does and they all do in the M2M

I don’t have metrics, but I’m happy to research this weekend. I would offer you 2 things: 1) I’m talking about healthy CJF, not “making it work” CJF. 2) Your argument says Bohannon is a better defender than healthy CJF. I think that argument is a straight failure.

Reactions: KcTo
CJF is a solid defender when he’s healthy. He’s probably the best defender in the starting lineup when he’s

I don’t have metrics, but I’m happy to research this weekend. I would offer you 2 things: 1) I’m talking about healthy CJF, not “making it work” CJF. 2) Your argument says Bohannon is a better defender than healthy CJF. I think that argument is a straight failure.
i was referring to your quote “best defender in the starting lineup”, not singling out JoBo,,
To be fair, jobo does rebound and steal more often

In only 22 minutes of play no less.
Why Fran doesn’t start him is absolutely beyond comprehension..
#1. Conference Defense. Rebounds, Steals, Blocked shots. Leads the team in these/minute and is required vs elite offenses.
#2. Conference Offense. 2pt FG% 62.5%, 3Pt FG% 41% FT 80%. Incredibly efficient scorer

is there any reason why you’d play anyone else (not named Garza, Wieskamp, and the PG) more minutes/gm than Murray?

Reactions: NoSwampDonkeys
Why Fran doesn’t start him is absolutely beyond comprehension..
#1. Conference Defense. Rebounds, Steals, Blocked shots. Leads the team in these/minute and is required vs elite offenses.
#2. Conference Offense. 2pt FG% 62.5%, 3Pt FG% 41% FT 80%. Incredibly efficient scorer

is there any reason why you’d play anyone else (not named Garza, Wieskamp, and the PG) more minutes/gm than Murray?

I would tend to agree with you. The only way Keegan gets to start and get starters minutes is if someone gets injured. It's been my opinion since mid-December that he has perhaps the best all-around game on the team and his value was second only to Garza. That was until JW went on his tear over the last half dozen games of course. It has also been my opinion that CMac and Keegan's roles and minutes should have been reversed but that hasn't happened. There are 2 power forwards on the team that I believe are more effective and efficient options and should be garnering the lion's share of minutes at that position. I don't think we'll see that any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT