ADVERTISEMENT

How is there not a thread about the insolvent banks?

Just a few minute ago you couldn't believe there wasn't a thread about this ****ing nuts story.

Now you're much LOLing and no longer hyperventilating. Seems you realized you were duped - that's a tough pill to swallow for alphas - but my work here is done.
There is no dupe here, you can leave while you are behind, I'll catch you in the next one.

Or maybe they're just carrying water for the current administration, hoping shit doesn't get more real, while fully understanding that they have no real control...
So who do you recommend as a reliable source for this?

Hahaha, you know nothing of how an Alpha would handle this situation.

The link has been provided.
thread gets GIF

OP loves having a scintilla of knowledge on a subject and then throwing shit against the wall regarding said subject by "just asking questions." Known as FUD in some circles. Sad.

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
OP loves having a scintilla of knowledge on a subject and then throwing shit against the wall regarding said subject by "just asking questions." Known as FUD in some circles. Sad.
The only question I asked was why are we not talking about it.

But that's a fun narrative you just made.

Cut interest rates and unrealized losses become gains.
First and foremost, bravo sir, good comedy has a thread of truth to it and your statement does have thread...

Now is that part that made me LOL.

Do you know how mu h they would have to cut rates to do what your talking about?

Inflation would make a tweaker riding a rocket look slow.

Last edited:
So my dad passed end of February and I've got his house. After 2 months of elbow grease and $$ we had our realtor list it and received 3 full price offers over the first weekend. 2 were to be financed through the USDA with 0 ( that's zero down and 100% borrowed ) and they wanted us to pony up 3K for closing costs which they would add to the list price ( so didn't really cost me anything ). I accepted the other full price offer who were financing through GreenState Credit Union with 20% down and 2,500 earnest money.
So we're back to loaning 100% of the value backed by the government. Haven't we been here, done that?

• Wow
Reactions: desihawk
So my dad passed end of February and I've got his house. After 2 months of elbow grease and $$ we had our realtor list it and received 3 full price offers over the first weekend. 2 were to be financed through the USDA with 0 ( that's zero down and 100% borrowed ) and they wanted us to pony up 3K for closing costs which they would add to the list price ( so didn't really cost me anything ). I accepted the other full price offer who were financing through GreenState Credit Union with 20% down and 2,500 earnest money.
So we're back to loaning 100% of the value backed by the government. Haven't we been here, done that?

Apparently we never learn anything...

This one is even better, when you sell your house you pay the "3"% in full. So if you don't have any equity, after buying your hom at historucally high prices, you have to come up with a giant chunk of cash, while likely purchasing your next home!!!

100% a stupid, kick the can down the road, plan.

• Love
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
WTF is the USDA doing guaranteeing home loans is the question you should be asking.

were the 0 down 100% borrowed loans aspirational or actually preapproved?

Or maybe they're just carrying water for the current administration, hoping shit doesn't get more real, while fully understanding that they have no real control...
Oh what a bunch of horseshit. You cannot possibly claim that every single branch of government is part of the Democratic Deep State. It's just so laughable that you think a bunch of bankers and bank examiners, of all f***ing people, are going to "carry water" for Biden. That's one of the most laughable and easily debunked conspiracy theory I've heard in a long time.

First and foremost, bravo sir, good comedy has a thread of truth to it and your statement does have thread...

Now is that part that made me LOL.

Do you know how mu h they would have to cut rates to do what your talking about?

Inflation would make a tweaker riding a rocket look slow.

Ballpark 4% rate cuts for net gains to portfolio. Many variables for each bank.

The question is what alternative system do you propose for banks. Do we limit fed rate increases to 1% per year? Do we set a floor of 6% interest rates on 30 year mortgages? If banks are not allowed to own mortgage back securities with terms over 5 years how will that impact the economy?

Ballpark 4% rate cuts for net gains to portfolio. Many variables for each bank.

The question is what alternative system do you propose for banks. Do we limit fed rate increases to 1% per year? Do we set a floor of 6% interest rates on 30 year mortgages? If banks are not allowed to own mortgage back securities with terms over 5 years how will that impact the economy?
4%

Vincemcmahonhotandbothered.gif

Heavybreathingcat.gif

The rates are the only lever the fed has. What we did, was print too much money.

Are those actual bank failures? The fdic list is just banks that are teetering. There’s a lot of paper losses for those banks but paper losses are only a problem if they don’t have liquidity, which still may prove to be a problem at some point if commercial real estate doesn’t snap back soon.

USDA Rural Housing loans have always been this way, never changed, and were not the problem in the 2008 housing meltdown. VA loans are also 100% financed and were not the problem as well. FHA loans are 3.5% down.

Reactions: RileyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT