ADVERTISEMENT

How many true new cases are we getting each day?

My dad tested positive yesterday. He had sinus issues earlier in the week. My 19 year old half brother lives in the same house and has been around my dad continuously the past week had worse symptoms. They got tested together and my brother test negative. I call BS on one of those tests.

Reactions: noleclone2
My mom's nursing home is blowing up with cases and people are dying, but hey, it's a hoax. No worries.

Is your mom a resident or does she work there? Regardless, I’m hoping she’ll be ok and not suffer any consequences from the virus.

Please everyone, do your very best to limit the spread, wear a mask when appropriate and keep as many people safe and sound as we navigate our way through this!

My dad tested positive yesterday. He had sinus issues earlier in the week. My 19 year old half brother lives in the same house and has been around my dad continuously the past week had worse symptoms. They got tested together and my brother test negative. I call BS on one of those tests.
Wishing them both a speedy and easy recovery.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Is your mom a resident or does she work there? Regardless, I’m hoping she’ll be ok and not suffer any consequences from the virus.

Please everyone, do your very best to limit the spread, wear a mask when appropriate and keep as many people safe and sound as we navigate our way through this!

Thanks, man.

She is a resident and it has been closed to visitors since April. Her health is already rapidly declining, if she gets Covid, that'll be it.

Find the guidelines yourself. Of course the negatives are counted that way. Positivity rate is based on total tests, not new tests per person. New cases should not count the same infection multiple times. If someone gets better and is positive again it should be another new case.

They only count one person testing positive multiple times as one case. The count one person testing negative multiple times as multiple negatives. This artificially drives down the positive rate.

They only count one person testing positive multiple times as one case. The count one person testing negative multiple times as multiple negatives. This artificially drives down the positive rate.
You are absolutely wrong.

Here you go:
Number and percent of positive labs
Date (12:00 am to 11:59 pm)
The percent of positive results ranged from 11.67% to 16.24% over the past 2 weeks and was 13.13% yesterday.
These counts include the number of people for whom the department received PCR or antigen laboratory results by day. People tested on multiple days will be included for each day a new result was received. A person is only counted once for each day they are tested, regardless of whether multiple specimens are tested or multiple results are received. If a person has a positive specimen and a negative specimen in the same day, only the positive result is counted.

New cases has a completely different data value than positivity rate and the data should be collected differently. They are doing it right by counting every positive and negative for this. Nw cases should only be counted once as a new case, unless someone recovers and becomes positive again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT