ADVERTISEMENT

How many Trump signs do you see in Iowa?

BrianNole777

HB Heisman
Jan 27, 2023
I live in Maryland near D.C.

It's a very Democratic area. I saw one Trump sign yesterday. That was rare. I bet there are 50 Harris signs for each Trump sign.

I was in Pennsylvania last weekend north of Philly and saw a dozen Trump signs. I saw maybe 6 Harris signs.

Iowa is Trump country. The people of Iowa love Trump.

How many Trump signs do you see around Iowa?

Reactions: h-hawk

It's a very Democratic area. I saw one Trump sign yesterday. That was rare. I bet there are 50 Harris signs for each Trump sign.

I was in Pennsylvania last weekend north of Philly and saw a dozen Trump signs. I saw maybe 6 Harris signs.

I'm in Northern NJ and I haven't seen one Trump sign in my town, fyi.

NE Iowa has way more Trump stuff than Harris for sure. It's definitely not scientific, but it seems to me that, compared to 2016, there is more Trump articles being displayed at less properties, of that makes sense.

In Johnson county I've noticed a few Trump signs, but it also seems like Republicans ariy d here are more comfortable displaying their 3M support and not Trump support.

Last edited:

I live in small town Iowa, about 40 miles from Des Moines.

Nunber of signs that I've seen...about 6 Harris/2 Trump.

Total square footage of signs...Trump over Harris 2:1. Trumpanzees sure love having giant signs to identify themselves as morons.

As a side note, Brad Magg (D) is running for Iowa House District 38 against Jon Dunwell (R). Not exaggerating, there are at least 25 Magg signs in town compared to 1 Dunwell sign (one of the MAGAs with a giant Trump sign). So, there's hope the tide is turning away from Trump. There are, literally, more Magg signs in town than all others combined.

Im in one of the few blue counties in Iowa (Johnson Co. Just outside Iowa City) so I don't see many, but I do have a few neighbors who hang their stupid flags.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I don't see much Trump here on the SW side of CR, but there are two "shrine" Trumpers where they've effectively carpet bombed their lawns with Trump flags/signs etc.

One yard is a very well to do piece of property where there's maybe 8 different flags mounted to his fence that's runs along the roadside. The other one is a much smaller lot that he's both hand-painted a lot of pretty vulgar anti-Biden (and now Harris) stuff along with the garden variety Trump gear. Not joking - the ENTIRE LAWN is covered with it.

These both have been up, not kidding, since the 2020 election. Four straight years, they've "decorated" their properties like this.

I was at the Urbandale Target this morning and I saw a very attractive (no pics) woman walking around with a MAGA hat on. Totally caught me by surprise and I'm certain she saw me double take. I find it odd that when I would see your stereotypical plodder with a MAGA hat on, I wouldn't be phased. Yet when the first time I see a smoke show wearing one I'm caught off guard.

Other than that and the occasional Tump 2024 sign I see on Hwy 20, I haven't seen a whole lot of MAGA signs up.

Saw one of these in Dubuque the other day. Respect 👏
ys_pol_harris-walz_fool-2418-sgl_lifestyle-1_800.jpg

None. Lots in 2016, quite a few in 20, haven't seen one yet this year in my rural NC Iowa town. All my Republican friends are basically over Trump, but hate Harris. I assume they will still vote Trump but aren't opening supporting him like years past.

Posted yesterday but was up in Pocahontas County yesterday (NW Iowa = hardcore conservative). Between Waukee and there, I saw 2 Trump signs. Here in Dallas County, I’ve seen 2.

Lots of Republican signs so I’m assuming R’s are still going to do well in state and Congressional races. And Trump will still win here. I just think most are kinda embarrassed by their support for him now.

Virginia is interesting. Like Bryan’s moco Maryland locale, extreme northern va is overwhelmingly Harris signs. Compared to years past, however, the “fall line” where you start to see more Trump signs seems to have moved north this year — say, outer Fairfax to faucquier county. But then, oddly compared to prior years, when you get into the Shenandoah and James river basins, the opposite occurs — more Harris/d signs and not just in the college towns like here in Lexington.

Yes, yard signs of all types are for tools (especially the non campaign signs like “here we believe…”). But in my experience they surprisingly tell you more than you expect.

Separately Brian, Mrs an and I met a local guy and rode 40 miles with him today. Odd but very nice and helpful fellow - no cell phone, probably on the spectrum, and over the top safety obsessed on the bike ride in the country. My first words at home were, “I bet that guy has received at least fifty COVID shots”.

Also also wik Brian - reading cardinal pell’s prison journal. Very good.

A week ago I drove through 50 miles of very rural northern Kentucky and saw 2 Trump signs. After I crossed into southern Indiana in the same kind of rural area, I would say I saw about 8-10 Trump signs. Take it fwiw.

i just saw the first Harris/Walz sign pop up in my neighborhood this weekend. It's a very blue area, so I'm sure there are a lot of voters, but there are way more signs for the state/local elections than there are the presidential.

Reactions: BrianNole777
This. Noticed on my drive to Mount Vernon it was 50/50, almost every other house alternating. Definitely something we didn’t see with Biden.
Since you obviously traveling Linn County, do you know the story about the huge anti Dem/pro Trump sign north on I-380 on that church property near the Toddville exit?
I fund it odd any religious entity could support Trump.

Reactions: hawkdave007
Since you obviously traveling Linn County, do you know the story about the huge anti Dem/pro Trump sign north on I-380 on that church property near the Toddville exit?
I fund it odd any religious entity could support Trump.
Is that on church property? I figured that was a farmer’s property. Definitely comes up with some braindead shiz on that one.

Drive through small town Iowa…there are A LOT of Trump signs.
I live in Northwest Iowa and travel this part of the state regularly, going through a lot of small communities, and the drop in Trump signs is dramatic compared to previous elections. Maybe folks are just doing the "silent supporter" routine, but it's a very noticeable, especially from 2020.

I live in Northwest Iowa and travel this part of the state regularly, going through a lot of small communities, and the drop in Trump signs is dramatic compared to previous elections. Maybe folks are just doing the "silent supporter" routine, but it's a very noticeable, especially from 2020.

Silent supporters. They would lie to your face.

Reactions: mattymoknows
When I was back in Iowa in July, my mom and dad mentioned that they had looked into getting a Trump flag for their yard along the highway but the People they spoke with said that the Trump
Campaign wasn’t given out free signs this time because they were only focusing on swing states. They were only given the option to purchase a Trump flag. That is different than 2020 and 2016

He ended up buying some. Stupid 10x10 flag and nailed it to the barn

Posted yesterday but was up in Pocahontas County yesterday (NW Iowa = hardcore conservative). Between Waukee and there, I saw 2 Trump signs. Here in Dallas County, I’ve seen 2.

Lots of Republican signs so I’m assuming R’s are still going to do well in state and Congressional races. And Trump will still win here. I just think most are kinda embarrassed by their support for him now.
Trump has been shot at twice now... maybe people want to support him but aren't willing to be the next victim of the democrat vigilante justice system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT