ADVERTISEMENT

How Ridiculous Will Hillary's Email Explanation Be?

dandh

HR Legend
Nov 11, 2002
Twin Cities MN
Leading up to the big news conference Hillary will be holding to explain the need for a personal email server hidden in a false wall of her home, I'm wondering how she will explain this fiasco. Will be someone else's fault, her own lack of sophistication about email rules, or some other hard-to-believe scenario?

I, for one, can't wait to hear what she has to say about it. I just can't figure out which way she'll take it, However, I'll be surprised if it's any more credible the the Lois Lerner email stories.

Originally posted by dandh:

Leading up to the big news conference Hillary will be holding to explain the need for a personal email server hidden in a false wall of her home, I'm wondering how she will explain this fiasco. Will be someone else's fault, her own lack of sophistication about email rules, or some other hard-to-believe scenario?

I, for one, can't wait to hear what she has to say about it. I just can't figure out which way she'll take it, However, I'll be surprised if it's any more credible the the Lois Lerner email stories.
It doesn't matter. The kneejerkers on this board have given us a good illustration of how any story will be swallowed whole.

Apparently she didn't know you can have multiple email accounts on one phone. What a dumb excuse.

Originally posted by gusto79:
Apparently she didn't know you can have multiple email accounts on one phone. What a dumb excuse.
+1, I have 4 on my phone. You don't even need to log into them separately, it's all seamless. What is the point of lying about this now? There must be some real there, there is my conclusion. Come on Jim Webb, please catch fire.

If you are too dumb to know this then you don't deserve to lead a city or state much less a country. I get that she is lying but if she is going to claim ignorance then I will take it at face value and include her in the bottom 10% of Americans in terms of intelligence.

It will be totally inexcusable, but I would wager it will "sound" plausible.

The second she decided to do it, she knew there would be serious blowback on it in the future. She's a lot of things, but dumb and/or politically naive is not one of them. I'm sure she has had an excuse strategy worked out for years on this subject.

Originally posted by jthawk:
Did she really say that or are you just kidding? I am not watching her.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
She said it multiple times that she did it for convenience because she didn't want to carry around multiple devices. Now I could imagine someone thinking that at the beginning, but surly someone in the IT dept would have told her she could receive both accounts on her one device.

The press is picking up on this too:

I see three potential problems with that argument:
1. Other administration officials at the Cabinet level who served at the same time as Clinton -- Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, for one -- had single devices with both a personal e-mail account and a work e-mail account. Did Clinton require some different setup because of security or hacking concerns? Wouldn't such protocol for having work and personal e-mails on a single device be administration-wide? If there is (and was) some gray area in terms of what Clinton could have in terms of e-mail on a single device, she may lose in the court of public opinion because virtually every person -- myself included -- has more than one e-mail account on their device. Now, not all of us are the nation's top diplomat. But, still.
This post was edited on 3/10 4:22 PM by naturalmwa

Link

She really said that. Said she used one email out of convenience because she didn't want to carry two devices.

She really said that. Said she used one email out of convenience because she didn't want to carry two devices.
Aha - the old "shucks, I'm just baffled by this new-fangled technology" excuse. Ha - one of my original choices - I'm having a great day!

Originally posted by torbee:

The second she decided to do it, she knew there would be serious blowback on it in the future. She's a lot of things, but dumb and/or politically naive is not one of them. I'm sure she has had an excuse strategy worked out for years on this subject.
After hearing her, do you think it sounds plausible?

Nope.

I'm now chalking it up to brazen "I don't give a f---" attitude and that she doesn't think it will bother people.

Bold choice. Not sure I agree.

Nope.

I'm now chalking it up to brazen "I don't give a f---" attitude and that she doesn't think it will bother people.

That sounds about right.

Does she NOT know that there is this invention called "video"? Two weeks ago she admitted to having an iPhone and a Blackberry. Today she says she only has one phone. Wow.

Link

You are right she is certainly not dumb but her and Bill exude a sense of entitlement. They certainly believe they should be held to a different standard

Well there's goes more credibility. I blame....... Well I'm not sure who to blame

Nope.

Which is exactly the point I made. It doesn't matter what this woman does or says.

Originally posted by naturalmwa:

+1, I have 4 on my phone. You don't even need to log into them separately, it's all seamless. What is the point of lying about this now? There must be some real there, there is my conclusion. Come on Jim Webb, please catch fire.
There's a lot to like about Jim Webb, but he is very much a moderate. That could make it tough in the primaries.

He will also be 70, I think, in November 2016. I know people live to ripe old ages more than ever before, but still, 70. You would have to take a close look at his VP candidate. See John McCain and Sarah Palin in 2008.

This was pretty damn bad. She wouldn't ever get my vote, but she's got me pretty adamantly against her now. There weren't a lot of reasonable excuses from the start, and I thought she'd at least be somewhat forthright.

The fact that...

It took her 8 days to respond to a story that led all news reports and was ABOUT HER.

She has been caught lying several times in the most recent months about the most unimportant shit.

And has now either lied about or has admitted stupidity in regards to not knowing about her Blackberry's ability to have more than one email account on it.

THIS is the person 86% of democrats believe is best suited to run the world?

This is why groups like Emily's list should never have any attention paid to them.

Originally posted by YellowSnow51:
The fact that...

It took her 8 days to respond to a story that led all news reports and was ABOUT HER.

She has been caught lying several times in the most recent months about the most unimportant shit.

And has now either lied about or has admitted stupidity in regards to not knowing about her Blackberry's ability to have more than one email account on it.

THIS is the person 86% of democrats believe is best suited to run the world?

This is why groups like Emily's list should never have any attention paid to them.
All true Yellow. I'll bet Elizabeth Warren is feeling all giddy right now. She could be the first Apache president.

I was not surprised by what Hillary said. I knew it would be a stupid and laughable excuse. However i did not think she would come out guns blazing, attacking the republicans and their letter to Iran. While the letter is misplaced, Hilary clearly came out trying to divert any and all attention away from her not 'understanding technology'.

The worst thing of the day was Ed Schultz on MSNBC. He is one of the most deplorable 'journalists' ever encountered and yestereday was one of his very worst moments. His ability to snidely find apologies for Hilary was just short of vile- he actually said that most people who contemporaries of HRC arent that concerned about or have tech saavy and this is not a big issue based on that. She should be applauded becasue she told the federal govt to look at her emails.

She will come up with some lame excuse, and then say some republican sometime sent some email off of a govt server at some time. The shallow libs will lap it up to be sure.

I finally watched the conference and it was awful......her eyes were all over the place..........I will give Obama credit he looks right at the camera and away he goes......great speaker..........

Hillary has really aged..............she did not look good

Originally posted by NoleandDawg:
She will come up with some lame excuse, and then say some republican sometime sent some email off of a govt server at some time. The shallow libs will lap it up to be sure.
You do realize that she's already talked about this, and that pretty much everyone in this thread has universally called her out, right?

One of these days I want people to realize that party politics is horrible and hurting this country. Going off the typical base candidate will help more than hurt......saying that I would bet that people in this thread other than the crazies from both sides could name candidates to vote for because I have none

11-p1lcf.jpg

Originally posted by slieb85:

You do realize that she's already talked about this, and that pretty much everyone in this thread has universally called her out, right?
Forgive me. I did not realize that this thread encompassed the entirety of libraldom in the United States. Also I may accept that some liberals are outraged by this but we all know that once she's nominated you libs will do exactly as I've suggested. This phony outrage is just that, phony. When push comes to shove you all will tow the party line.

Forgive me. I did not realize that this thread encompassed the entirety of libraldom in the United States. Also I may accept that some liberals are outraged by this but we all know that once she's nominated you libs will do exactly as I've suggested. This phony outrage is just that, phony. When push comes to shove you all will tow the party line.
Do you think this should be a big voting issue? Let me think that through. So say its Hill v Bush in 2016. They both have similar economic plans, both have similar neocon foreign policy plans, both have the same email issue, both have the same education, immigration, environmental plans. Hill plans to keep pushing universal healthcare and Bush plans to roll it back. I like Universal healthcare, so that means I'm going to toss my lot in with her. Why would you think that this email issue or her general unlikeability would be a major voting issue when the alternative is I lose something real and tangible that I value? That just seems dumb.

Do you think this should be a big voting issue? Let me think that through. So say its Hill v Bush in 2016. They both have similar economic plans, both have similar neocon foreign policy plans, both have the same email issue, both have the same education, immigration, environmental plans. Hill plans to keep pushing universal healthcare and Bush plans to roll it back. I like Universal healthcare, so that means I'm going to toss my lot in with her. Why would you think that this email issue or her general unlikeability would be a major voting issue when the alternative is I lose something real and tangible that I value? That just seems dumb.

The minimization begins. BTW, Bush released his emails.

This post is almost as dishonest as Hillary's presser. Just reinforces the fact that liberals cannot win without lying about what they believe and what they will do.

The minimization begins. BTW, Bush released his emails.
Thats not the whole story, but you could be forgiven for not knowing that. Why don't you think "the liberal media" is giving his issue the same treatment?

Do you think this should be a big voting issue? Let me think that through. So say its Hill v Bush in 2016. They both have similar economic plans, both have similar neocon foreign policy plans, both have the same email issue, both have the same education, immigration, environmental plans. Hill plans to keep pushing universal healthcare and Bush plans to roll it back. I like Universal healthcare, so that means I'm going to toss my lot in with hTheyer. Why would you think that this email issue or her general unlikeability would be a major voting issue when the alternative is I lose something real and tangible that I value? That just seems dumb.
They do not have the same e-mail issue. Not even close.

And yes, it should be a major issue, because it is part and parcel of her efforts to hide her work as SecState from the public.

Originally posted by coffhawk:

This post is almost as dishonest as Hillary's presser. Just reinforces the fact that liberals cannot win without lying about what they believe and what they will do.
MBA-Letters-of-Recommendation.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT