ADVERTISEMENT

How some people who actually get paid to understand how the economy works see a potential Trump presidency

GDP you have an argument. You are fishing on jobs created due to part time jobs.

Don't be an idiot to show your bias.
Don't be an idiot. Period.

Reactions: nelly02 and Kelsers
Are these the same folks that said inflation was going to be transitory a couple years ago?
Inflation is transitionary….to higher prices. That’s a fact. But this “inflation” has been a long time coming and is certainly not the fault of one man or his policies. Low interest rates, poorly aimed tax cuts, inflationary tariffs…..free money give-away, runaway spending, failure to reign in expenses and increase tax revenues (reducing debt levels) all have contributed…..add in Covid pandemic, collapse of the nation’s financial service industry, the “bail-out” financed by “we the people” and America’s “too big to fail banking industry”…..it all factors in……we all profit from it and we all suffer from it.

It might surprise a few self-prolcaimed knowledgeable posters on this board...

Headline: Slower Growth and Higher Inflation.

So the exact opposite of his first term up until covid?

GDP you have an argument. You are fishing on jobs created due to part time jobs.

And WTF are you talking to exactly? This has nothing to do with the comment you're responding to.

“Indeed, when it came to job creation, Trump was vastly outperformed by the other presidents. Bill Clinton oversaw the biggest gain, 23 million additional jobs, followed by Ronald Reagan (16 million), Joe Biden (14 million), and Lyndon Johnson (12 million)―all the way down to George W. Bush (1.4 million). During the presidency of Barack Obama, Trump’s much-reviled predecessor, the United States added 11.6 million jobs.

Trump’s defenders point to the disruptive effect the COVID-19 pandemic had on the American economy. Although the disease crisis certainly undermined employment during his presidency, it’s also true that his denial and mismanagement of the public health emergency deepened its human and economic impact in the United States. Furthermore, even before the pandemic hit, job creation during the Trump presidency was relatively weak. During Trump’s first 31 months in office, employment growth in the United States averaged 176,000 jobs per month. During Biden’s first 31 months in office, employment growth averaged 433,000 jobs per month.”

“Indeed, when it came to job creation, Trump was vastly outperformed by the other presidents. Bill Clinton oversaw the biggest gain, 23 million additional jobs, followed by Ronald Reagan (16 million), Joe Biden (14 million), and Lyndon Johnson (12 million)―all the way down to George W. Bush (1.4 million). During the presidency of Barack Obama, Trump’s much-reviled predecessor, the United States added 11.6 million jobs.

Trump’s defenders point to the disruptive effect the COVID-19 pandemic had on the American economy. Although the disease crisis certainly undermined employment during his presidency, it’s also true that his denial and mismanagement of the public health emergency deepened its human and economic impact in the United States. Furthermore, even before the pandemic hit, job creation during the Trump presidency was relatively weak. During Trump’s first 31 months in office, employment growth in the United States averaged 176,000 jobs per month. During Biden’s first 31 months in office, employment growth averaged 433,000 jobs per month.”

We are in trouble due to lack of real job creation period.

It might surprise some liberals that Trump was already President with record setting GDP, record setting low unemployment rates across demographics and very low inflation. What the fruck does prolcaimed mean anyway?!?!? What the fruck is a frush??
You attribute the economy to Trump? He benefited from Obama setting the country on a good path. When Trump had a hiccup with the pandemic, you saw his ineptitude with governing and the economy went to shit. If you think otherwise, please tell us what Trump did to have have such sucess.

Last edited:
You seem to be picking a fight with a lot of people today. You from Mayberry?

As I've stated before, I'm likely the only one on here that has a LOT of business experience in Ukraine. Love the everyday people. Hat e the Govt that manufactures 5k per capita GDP while I've seen more Bentleys x 10 in Kyiv than I've seen total in the US. Been on Maidan during protests. Americans really don't understand the war.
Oh I understand the war perfectly, heard it from the horses mouth himself. There are hold over Nazis lurking everywhere in Ukraine and they must be defeated. What brilliant explanation can you give me beyond that exactly?

Trump is pushing tariffs and tax cuts, two inflationary policies. Of course we’d still have high inflation.
16WINSTONCOLUMNtableREDUX.jpg

Those things you speak of existed during Trumps first four years also.

Are these the same folks that said inflation was going to be transitory a couple years ago?

If they said that, they were correct.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
It might surprise some liberals that Trump was already President with record setting GDP, record setting low unemployment rates across demographics and very low inflation. What the fruck does prolcaimed mean anyway?!?!? What the fruck is a frush??
His GDP growth was anemic and he was the first president in modern history to lose jobs. Dude is lying to you.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
I agree the economy wasn't as good as Trump makes out but it wasn't "bad".
Not bad but not what Trump promised. As far as I can tell he only had one idea to juice the economy: tax cuts. He's already played that card. And it produced nothing. We can put him back in charge. But there's a pretty good chance it will just lead to mediocrity if we face no disasters. And will take a nosedive if we do have a disaster since he can't lead.

Not bad but not what Trump promised. As far as I can tell he only had one idea to juice the economy: tax cuts. He's already played that card. And it produced nothing. We can put him back in charge. But there's a pretty good chance it will just lead to mediocrity if we face no disasters. And will take a nosedive if we do have a disaster since he can't lead.
I think we'll hit the long anticipated recession in the next term regardless of president.

I basically agree with the gist of your point though.

I think we'll hit the long anticipated recession in the next term regardless of president.

I basically agree with the gist of your point though.
My take is that we'll be facing a very painful recession once the boomers die off. They're the ones keeping the economy going with their massive spending. I don't think that will be in the next term since a lot of boomers will still be around. But certainly in the term after that. In short, policy won't decide the economy. Death of an entire generation will.

My take is that we'll be facing a very painful recession once the boomers die off. They're the ones keeping the economy going with their massive spending. I don't think that will be in the next term since a lot of boomers will still be around. But certainly in the term after that. In short, policy won't decide the economy. Death of an entire generation will.
We're definitely due for a "correction" to the economy.

Plus boomers won't pass their wealth to the next generation. Gen X isn't big enough to support the economy. Millennials don't have enough money. Next ten years won't look pretty.
Which means we're in for some wild vacillations in elections every two years as each party is blamed for our predicament.

You seem to be picking a fight with a lot of people today. You from Mayberry?

As I've stated before, I'm likely the only one on here that has a LOT of business experience in Ukraine. Love the everyday people. Hat e the Govt that manufactures 5k per capita GDP while I've seen more Bentleys x 10 in Kyiv than I've seen total in the US. Been on Maidan during protests. Americans really don't understand the war.
‘Lady’ Lindsey Graham said the quiet part out loud a few weeks ago in an interview, referring to the gold mine that is Ukraine with its $12 trillion worth of critical minerals that the West "can't afford to lose".

But the current CIA-instigated war started in ‘14; The Russian paranoia over NATO expansion a long time before that.

16WINSTONCOLUMNtableREDUX.jpg

Those things you speak of existed during Trumps first four years also.
Hi Hexum, glad you made it back. You must have missed my question. Could you please explain what the “Covid came from a bat 80 miles away” theory is. I’m curious.

Dems have been busy destroying our economy and business culture while heaping debt for four years, but yes, the impending recession will definitely be "Trump's fault!" 🤡

Republican voters never learn. They’re simple thinkers. They look at an old man and that’s all they see. They can’t compare administration accomplishments with Trump’s criminal group. Not to mention all the people who got the hell out of his administration. They refuse to see this easy stuff. Both siders are worse. That first 15 minutes of the debate equated the 2 men and it, in their minds, solidified the narrative for them.

A second Trump presidency is something we aren’t going to recover from. Project 2025.
Republicans vote for Republicans. Why do you expect them to see things the way you see them and completely flip parties and vote for the other side suddenly? Your best bet if that more of them dislike the choices than the Dems who decide to sit it out.

And no one who was paying attention, equated them the other night. Trump lied and Biden drooled…and lied.. Two completely different versions of terrible.

GDP under Trump 2.3%
GDP under Clinton 4.0%

Unemployment rate under Biden is lower than any year under Trump. (Didn’t want it skewed against Trump because of Covid)

What exactly does record setting mean to you?
If I were accounting for COVID, I would cut out the last year of Trump's presidency and the first year of Biden's. Biden's story isn't written yet, he has until January at least, but I wonder what the first 3 years of trump looks without COVID? That's such an outlier that it simply shouldn't factor into the equation for either of them.

‘Lady’ Lindsey Graham said the quiet part out loud a few weeks ago in an interview, referring to the gold mine that is Ukraine with its $12 trillion worth of critical minerals that the West "can't afford to lose".

But the current CIA-instigated war started in ‘14; The Russian paranoia over NATO expansion a long time before that.
Someone who gets it. Gas and oil development in Donbas destroys Russia. Why on a sane earth would the son of a sitting VP be on the board of the company set to develop Donbas gas and oil? Its insane.

Reactions: MichaelKeller99
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT