ADVERTISEMENT

How the Trump Campaign Ran With Rumors About Pet-Eating Migrants—After Being Told They Weren’t True

I've not commented on the hatians eating pets threads because we need to be VERY slow to confirm. A couple of the most viral videos that came out about the topic were soon found to be in other cities, taken earlier in the year, or not actually Haitians, so the credibility of the story was lacking.

There are, however a number of videos floating around social media of people telling their stories, the city manager one is on there where he's talking to (presumably) the city council, and he's telling of the reports he received from residents and one particular council member is trying hard to shut him down.

The story can't be dismissed as untrue yet, but there's certainly been a LOT of attempts at misinformation. The Trump quote dance videos are among my favorites...
Mother of god, dude

Waynes World Fish GIF by Hollywood Suite
He's a gullible idiot just like all the others on here. He's approaching WDDT, Rico, H4aday, and all those other handles that believe everything they see online.

Facts don't matter. It's all about what they want to believe that helps them feel better about their stances on certain topics.

He's a gullible idiot just like all the others on here. He's approaching WDDT, Rico, H4aday, and all those other handles that believe everything they see online.

Facts don't matter. It's all about what they want to believe that helps them feel better about their stances on certain topics.

I think, for reason I can't imagine, he enjoys pretending that he's dumb.

Reactions: McLovin32
I've not commented on the hatians eating pets threads because we need to be VERY slow to confirm. A couple of the most viral videos that came out about the topic were soon found to be in other cities, taken earlier in the year, or not actually Haitians, so the credibility of the story was lacking.

There are, however a number of videos floating around social media of people telling their stories, the city manager one is on there where he's talking to (presumably) the city council, and he's telling of the reports he received from residents and one particular council member is trying hard to shut him down.

The story can't be dismissed as untrue yet, but there's certainly been a LOT of attempts at misinformation. The Trump quote dance videos are among my favorites...
It could turn on to be true that it happened. (apparently not widespread or imagine we'd have real evidence at this point)

Point is that Trump and his clan didn't have good evidence and decided to shout that it did to the entire nation at the top of their lungs. Completely irresponsible.

Reactions: artradley
It could turn on to be true that it happened. (apparently not widespread or imagine we'd have real evidence at this point)

Point is that Trump and his clan didn't have good evidence and decided to shout that it did to the entire nation at the top of their lungs. Completely irresponsible.
Not to mention it has nothing to do with the "border crisis" as the Haitian migrants are legal and likely came through Florida and were recruited to Springfield specifically due to a shortage of workers there.

The lies are politics, and are unfortunate but I expect misinformation until convinced otherwise. That isn't even slightly unique to Trump/the right (remember the mounted border patrol guy "whipping migrants?" both sides are talking about how the other side is blocking IVF now, there's another). It's why you have to look at everything critically and then make the best guess you can as to whether to believe it.

The lies are politics, and are unfortunate but I expect misinformation until convinced otherwise. That isn't even slightly unique to Trump/the right (remember the mounted border patrol guy "whipping migrants?"). It's why you have to look at everything critically and then make the best guess you can as to whether to believe it.
Oh please, not buying that for a second. Old and tired argument.

All politicians can be caught lying and or misleading at one time or another.

But... the size and frequency of the lie -- the miss-information -- matters.

This is where the Trumpian right distinguishes themselves.

I think you may be right. I'm not sure why anyone would want a bunch of people they don't know to think they are an absolute moron. But I guess everyone enjoys doing their own thing.

I think in about a generation it will be understood that there is very little difference between pretending to be stupid/hateful/mean on the internet and actually being stupid/hateful/mean.

I also believe that if you pretend to be something for long enough, you'll end up believing it eventually.

Well, one woman found her cat in her basement, and another woman admitted to making her story up. All of he elected leaders and the chief of police say it's a horses**t, made up story. The Republican governor says it's horses**t.
What else do you have to go on?

Well, one woman found her cat in her basement, and another woman admitted to making her story up. All of he elected leaders and the chief of police say it's a horses**t, made up story. The Republican governor says it's horses**t.
What else do you have to go on?
Tiktoks from unknown people

Reactions: lucas80
“If I have to create stories so that the American media actually pays attention to the suffering of the American people, then that’s what I’m going to do.”
- JD Vance

In OPs article Vance literally says he is making shit up to draw attention to the bigger issue. He is knowingly lying because he believes the attention is worthwhile.

And yet you MAGA dumbasses are defending his statements like they are absolutely true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT