ADVERTISEMENT

How's Keegan Doing?

Tonight should be interesting. The #8 team in the West Timberwolves (26-25) host the #3 team in the West Kings (27-20) at 7 pm CT. Just 3 games currently separate the Kings and the Wolves.

Luka Garza
did not play last night (the Wolves beat Memphis 111-110 in Minneapolis; it was a coach's decision).

Sacramento is a 3 point favorite.

cc: @TheonGreyJoy
I’ll be at this game tonight. Really looking forward to seeing the former hawks.

Nice story from CBS Sports.

The important excerpts:

Murray is going to be one of the best players out of this draft. He didn't get as much attention as some of the other top picks, but in terms of month-to-month growth, there hasn't been a more impressive rookie. In January alone he's averaging 14.5 points while shooting 52.8 percent from the field and 51.8 percent from deep. He's rebounding the ball at a more aggressive rate than at the start of the season, and he's looking for his shot more as he grows into his role as a complementary piece to this suddenly potent Kings offense.

This week, Murray scored a career-high 29 points in a win over the Thunder, in which he needed just 12 shots to get there, missing only two of them. He also finished with 14 boards to help the Kings to what was their sixth-straight win. Murray's improvement in moving without the ball has opened up new layers to Sacramento's offense, and his two-man game with Domantas Sabonis has flourished.

Murray's benefiting from the defensive attention Sabonis draws, and as a result, he's getting a lot of open looks and knocking them down.

Nice story from CBS Sports.

The important excerpts:

Murray is going to be one of the best players out of this draft. He didn't get as much attention as some of the other top picks, but in terms of month-to-month growth, there hasn't been a more impressive rookie. In January alone he's averaging 14.5 points while shooting 52.8 percent from the field and 51.8 percent from deep. He's rebounding the ball at a more aggressive rate than at the start of the season, and he's looking for his shot more as he grows into his role as a complementary piece to this suddenly potent Kings offense.

This week, Murray scored a career-high 29 points in a win over the Thunder, in which he needed just 12 shots to get there, missing only two of them. He also finished with 14 boards to help the Kings to what was their sixth-straight win. Murray's improvement in moving without the ball has opened up new layers to Sacramento's offense, and his two-man game with Domantas Sabonis has flourished.

Murray's benefiting from the defensive attention Sabonis draws, and as a result, he's getting a lot of open looks and knocking them down.

He's more consistently better in many categories. Needs to work on weak side help on defense, but he's doing a great job.

He also finished with 14 boards
This number really stands out to me. Great job.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Im not counting my chickens just yet… that franchise has proven time and time again, they cant get over… fingers crossed they can do it.

Know how you feel. How long was it for the Cubs? This team can compete when the defense is solid.

I hate to say it but the Kings kinda remind me of the Hawkeyes. Lots of offense, suspect defense.

One thing going for the Kings is the parity in the NBA right now.

Reactions: Hawksfor3
I hate to say it but the Kings kinda remind me of the Hawkeyes. Lots of offense, suspect defense.

One thing going for the Kings is the parity in the NBA right now.
The Kings have the highest offensive rating at 117.6. But, they're 28th in defense. Mike Brown has said all season long, protect the paint, get around screens and switch if necessary. Weak side help on defense. All these things apply to all of the players. They signed the same team "Contract" that Coach Brown did at the beginning of the season. "All in", remember? They have a very good offense, and if the lightbulb comes on, on the defensive end, then they should be in good shape. Protect the paint! :)

The Kings are currently the 3rd best team in the Western Conference.

They play at Minnesota tonight at 7 pm CT and then again on Monday night.

Here are the Top 8 teams in the West; just 3 games currently separate the Kings and the Wolves.

Games
Back
.......................................................Record
................Denver Nuggets.....................(34-15)
.....3.........Memphis Grizzlies..................(31-18)
....6........Sacramento Kings...............(27-20)
.....8.........New Orleans Pelicans............(26-23)
.....8.........LA Clippers..............................(27-24)
.....8.5......Dallas Mavericks....................(26-24)
.....9.........Golden State Warriors...........(25-24)
....9........Minnesota Timberwolves...(26-25)

I’ll be at this game tonight. Really looking forward to seeing the former hawks.
We are here too! Section 130 Row R.

Youngest is in a Murray jersey and middle son is in a Twolves Edwards jersey. I’ll be in Hawkeye gear, so I can cheer for both.
Up in Minneapolis to go to the game. Hawk fans are out & about. Great night to watch Murray put up 20+, then have Garza come in during garbage time.
Hawkeye fans are all over the place up here. Should be a fun night.

The new Wolves owners want a new arena (eventually). What do you guys think of it?

KINGS Starters
PG De'Aaron Fox
SG Kevin Huerter
SF H. Barnes
PF Keegan Murray
Center D. Sabonis

WOLVES Starters
PG D. Russell
SG A. Edwards
SF J. McDaniels
PF Kyle Anderson
Center Rudy Gobert

The Kings lead the Wolves at halftime, 59-57.

...........................................Keegan............Luka

Minutes..................................17.....................4

from 2 pt range...................1-2...................0-1

from 3...................................1-4...................0-2

Overall shooting...............2-6..................0-3

Rebounds

Last edited:
Not so great night for Keegan on offense and defense and only 4 minutes for Garza, 0 points. Oh well, first time I caught their games! Hopefully Keegan has better game Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT