ADVERTISEMENT

HR posters vs. PSU trolls who like to argue

Herkuleez5

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2015
Just wanted to start a thread where all the Iowa/PSU haters can have a conversation about Brands, Cael, Andrew Long, Shak, Montell Marion, hunting on campus, cheating, morals, 6th years, 83%, light weight U, ROTC, grey shirt, leaving programs, and whatever else I am missing that gets thrown around. Hopefully this thread can be used for all pissing contests in the future so legit threads can stay on topic!

P.S. Mods - let this be a free for all so I can check every now and then for some entertainment. Meetings to discuss what are facts or who is right or wrong should be scheduled under a bridge with dates and times so those that are able can attend and bring back videos.

There sure would be a lot less threads and, subsequently, replies in even those threads. One good thing for that is the people that want to catch up. They would need to be looking WAAAAAY far back for their topic to fall off the 1st page!

Reactions: Herkuleez5
Congrats on Spencer Lee's championship at National

I truly, truly understand the logic why it should be "states" instead of "state", since we say "nationals", "sectionals", "districts", etc. But "he won states" just sounds weird. "He won state" has a better feel to it

The difference being one STATE, vs an entire country of schools. None the less thank you, and the same to the Lions! : )
That is exceptionally flawed.
If an entire country of schools makes up Nationals, then an entire state of schools (way more that D1 schools) makes up States.

Additionally, there are two concurrent tournaments in PA, AA and AAA. Two State tournaments makes it states.

If an entire country of schools makes up Nationals, then an entire state of schools (way more that D1 schools) makes up States.

Additionally, there are two concurrent tournaments in PA, AA and AAA. Two State tournaments makes it states.
So is Spencer a 3 time states champion?

Reactions: IA_Hawk81
I truly, truly understand the logic why it should be "states" instead of "state", since we say "nationals", "sectionals", "districts", etc. But "he won states" just sounds weird. "He won state" has a better feel to it
That’s purely regional dialect like sub , hoagie, or grinder. Or say pop vs soda.

Reactions: TailgateTom

One STATE tournament per class ; )

Edit: is it called the Pennsylvania States Wrestling Tournament?

Yeah but you only wrestle in one of them. So you go to state. Right?

Maybe it's an apostrophe s (ownership), not plural: State's tournament.

Doesn't feel right, state tournament still has a good feel to it.

No. As I said, they are running concurrently in the same building. So, fans are going to states.
I will have to refer to what jvclark and tailgate tom said before I am willing to concur with what you are trying to infer. As a side note track meets are run concurrently. Wrestling meets are done concurrently.

you have a techfall and a pinfall
I don't. I have tech fall (two words) and pin. Only actors (like WWE) use "pinfall" and think it means something.

And it's state not states. Are you messing with our lingo, or is that just Pennsy talk?

Reactions: nearfall2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT