ADVERTISEMENT

HROT pet owners...

Nah...he chews on tennis balls enough that the felt does a pretty good job on him.

I should probably add some doggie toothpaste on to one of them one of these days.

Our dog will not let us brush his teeth. He will fight and pull away. So we put a additive in his water and get him regular dental cleanings at the vet.

No, but she gets plenty of things to chew on that help clean her teeth.

Some dogs just aren't into chewing so I could see the occasional brushing being of some benefit.

Mine starts chewing the s**t out of tennis balls when there are squirrels in the yard barking at him. When you ask him "Where's the Squh?!", he spins in circles and chews the crap outta the tennis ball - turns them into wet slobbery messes.

Luckily, we've got friends who play rec tennis, and have a consistent supply of new tennis balls to munch on.

Reactions: mstp1992
Mine starts chewing the s**t out of tennis balls when there are squirrels in the yard barking at him. When you ask him "Where's the Squh?!", he spins in circles and chews the crap outta the tennis ball - turns them into wet slobbery messes.

Luckily, we've got friends who play rec tennis, and have a consistent supply of new tennis balls to munch on.
Our dog is an aggressive rawhide chewer. I know there are some vets who espouse the belief rawhides are awful and dangerous and whatnot, but she's a good weight, healthy, and has great teeth.

I'm off to my sister-in-law's care center this morning with our dog to visit all the residents and staff. Amazing what a few minutes petting or hugging a dog can do for a person's psyche.

Reactions: Daggerfoot
Our dog is an aggressive rawhide chewer. I know there are some vets who espouse the belief rawhides are awful and dangerous and whatnot, but she's a good weight, healthy, and has great teeth.

I'm off to my sister-in-law's care center this morning with our dog to visit all the residents and staff. Amazing what a few minutes petting or hugging a dog can do for a person's psyche.

I gotta limit rawhides - made the mistake of giving him a giant rawhide bone unmonitored once, and he ate half of it within 30 minutes....Now, we titrate the rawhide treat sizes. I get some of the Costco giant bags of rawhide rolls and scroll-saw them into 1/4 (maybe 1/6th?) sized pieces as treats. Otherwise, he poops like a water faucet with all that rawhide in him....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT