ADVERTISEMENT

Huffington Post: Stephanopoulos Deserve Same Treatment as Brian Williams

dandh

HR Legend
Nov 11, 2002
Twin Cities MN
From the linked article:

For Stephanopolous to hammer away at the question of evidence as Podesta and other Clinton apologists had been doing since pre-publication promotion began - without even acknowledging Schweizer's disclaimer in the beginning of his book - is transparently disingenuous.

He would have viewers believe that his questions were those of a hard-hitting investigative journalist. But Schweizer's disclaimers at the outset of his book expose that as a shallow façade.

A metro daily newspaper journalist myself for 43 years, I refused to sign even neighborhood petitions because I didn't want to compromise my appearance of objectivity and impartiality. If Stephanopoulos didn't learn that journalistic principle as he transitioned from Clinton confidant to newsman, I can excuse his contributions.

But there's no way I can forgive him for using his position at ABC to echo the defense points that have constituted the response from Hillary Clinton loyalists. Not when a reading of the book provides so much material for a serious, probing interview.

If Brian Williams gets a six-month sentence for misrepresenting his reporting role over and over, George Stephanopoulos deserves nothing less for masquerading as an objective journalist asking ostensibly tough questions.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/denny-dressman/the-stephanopoulos-verdic_b_7307842.html

What Stephanopoulos has done is far, far worse than what Brian Williams did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT