ADVERTISEMENT

huge news from frito-lay

I wonder if with soda and chips, the crazy prices have a lot of people realizing they don't really need that stuff?

I don't drink sodas, but Coke is $10 for a 12-pack of cans. Chips are almost $6 a bag.

They might've really screwed themselves by gouging their customers too much.

I wonder if with soda and chips, the crazy prices have a lot of people realizing they don't really need that stuff?

I don't drink sodas, but Coke is $10 for a 12-pack of cans. Chips are almost $6 a bag.

Yep, you used to be able to count on a 4/$10 12-pack deal around all the holidays. Nothing close now. Bottles is where they still offer the deals, but even those aren't as good as they were.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Bummer. I was sort of hoping they were going to come out with a Gretchen Witmer-themed bag.

speaking of which...

Reactions: CaboKP
Pepsico has also basically hit bottom on squeezing route persons for the company. Commissions have been cut, hours are longer and direct to store shipments make the job not very attractive. As the old timers are retiring the younger generation is balking at joining the company. Many districts are 10-15 people short.

It is ridiculous how much a name brand bag of chips cost. If I need chips, I suppose I'll settle for store brand $1.99 bag.

Geez Louise where are you shopping, 12 pack of Coke near me is $6 bucks and change.

Don't buy the stuff though, I mixed drinks with diet 7up or diet squirt. Which is $5 bucks and change.

Pepsico has also basically hit bottom on squeezing route persons for the company. Commissions have been cut, hours are longer and direct to store shipments make the job not very attractive. As the old timers are retiring the younger generation is balking at joining the company. Many districts are 10-15 people short.
I know Coke made $28bn profit on $38bn in sales last year.

I have no problem with Coke being $10. We shouldn’t tell people what they can eat/drink, but if it being $10 deters people, I’m here for it.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
That's too bad. When I was growing up my mom worked at the F-L headquarters. It really seemed like people in all different positions liked working there a lot.

Geez Louise where are you shopping, 12 pack of Coke near me is $6 bucks and change.

Don't buy the stuff though, I mixed drinks with diet 7up or diet squirt. Which is $5 bucks and change.

Yea, I bought a 12 pack of coke for 6 something at Walmart

let-s-go-hyper-baby-shout-c10p68s5brp3hy0g.gif

What really burns my ass is the packaging and discount games they play. Mrs. A. drinks coke zero like water. If it's a twelve oz can, she'll drink 10 oz, but if it's an 7 oz can, she'll drink 2 cans. So the 6x7 oz packs are routinely offered on a twofer basis, but it seems like the number goes up weekly.

What really burns my ass is the packaging and discount games they play. Mrs. A. drinks coke zero like water. If it's a twelve oz can, she'll drink 10 oz, but if it's an 7 oz can, she'll drink 2 cans. So the 6x7 oz packs are routinely offered on a twofer basis, but it seems like the number goes up weekly.
Pics of Mrs. A's cans?

I'm actually thankful to PepsiCo/Frito Lay for forcing me to some degree to seek out alternatives to their junk food. I discovered that there are really a lot of good alternatives to their snack/beverage products that are much more affordable and on occasion superior in quality and taste. The only time I'll even consider their products now is when a big sale occurs.

Soda is stupid expensive when you consider it's just flavored sugar water. But I love Coke Zero and get mine only at Costco where a 35 pack runs around $16, which seems reasonable compared to other retail outlets.

I'm at the age/point in my career where I tend to just buy what I want without fretting too much about the cost - hey, those ribeyes look good, let's buy a few, etc. But I was in the grocery the other day and went down the chip isle and was shocked at the prices. First the 'family size' is now the old small size and then they're charging 6-7 dollars for it. Most the damned bag is air. It's insulting.

I'm at the age/point in my career where I tend to just buy what I want without fretting too much about the cost - hey, those ribeyes look good, let's buy a few, etc. But I was in the grocery the other day and went down the chip isle and was shocked at the prices. First the 'family size' is now the old small size and then they're charging 6-7 dollars for it. Most the damned bag is air. It's insulting.
100% with you there. If I really want something I'm going to buy it so it really doesn't matter if it's $7 bucks or $10 bucks. A lot of things we buy I have no idea how much they even are because it doesn't matter.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
I'd prefer to buy the 7oz cans as I typically just make a single drink after work. Sometimes I want a rum and coke and half the coke goes to waste. However, they charge nearly the same price for a 12 pack of the 7oz cans as they do for the 12oz cans. So I buy the 12oz and throw the rest away most of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT