ADVERTISEMENT

Hunter Biden may get 17 years in prison.

Hunter will almost certainly get probation rather than prison, but I wouldn't blame Joe if he pardoned him.

And LOL at the MAGA's who will howl about it after Trump's Pardon Fest after the 2020 election. So full of shit.

If he gets probation and gets a pardon that is ridiculous.

Hunter needs some consequences.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Federal sentencing guidelines will determine the sentence. Gun charge should net 10 - 16 months for each felony count (3). The tax charges (felonies) would be similar for each count, but are 12 -18 months for prior felony convictions.

Hunter will be sentenced for the gun convictions first, and that conviction will be considered by the tax case judge as part of the guidelines. That judge can decide if the second sentence is served consecutively or concurrently. If concurrently it would only add about 4 months to the overall time, assuming each of the tax felonies are concurrently, which is likely.

Federal judges can deviate from the sentencing guidelines, but must justify it in the sentencing order.

I think Hunter will get 14 months in the gun cases, with sentences to run consecutively. Sentencing November 13.

I think Hunter will get 16 months for the tax cases, with sentences to run consecutively. Ultimately Hunter would serve 17 total months. He likely gets some consideration from the judge for pleading guilty instead of going to trial.

Joe's hand will be forced by the time Hunter is sentenced on the tax convictions. Federal prisoners get up to 14 - 30 to report to prison after sentencing if they are on bond. It will be interesting to see how the logistics work out since the second sentencing date is more than 30 days from the first date, and the 2 courts are on opposite coasts. The Marshal Service might have a headache.

Not really. He will always be remembered for stepping down and willingly relinquishing power. Moreso if Harris wins in November.

And if Trump wins nobody, especially Republicans, will give a rats ass what happens to him because it was never about crimes he committed.

Also, since he pled guilty there is no f****g way he goes to prison for 17 years. I'll be surprised if he goes to jail for any time at all, honestly.
“Stepping down” 😳 You mean “forced out” by his party leaders. 😉

Reactions: Finance85
“Stepping down” 😳 You mean “forced out” by his party leaders. 😉
They may have convinced him he needed to do it, but he made the choice himself. I know that the idea that someone might do something for the betterment of someone other than themselves is a completely foreign concept to you, but there are people who will actually do that. He didn't have to make that choice. He could have told them to stick it. He didn't do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT