ADVERTISEMENT

HWC Showdown Match Announcements

takemymoney.jpg

I have not seen Zack wrestle in a while, but if he is in peak form this is a good test for SL. Zack is strong and has a motor he will push the pace, I say SL by tech!

<<What a damn let down....They had every opportunity to take this card from good to amazing 🔥🔥🔥 How'd I know Brands would screw this up somehow. >>

Lol-- this is a PERFECT example of how you cant please them all. By most accounts this card was GREAT before this announcement.. Brands screw it up??

We just came off the best season Iowa has had in many,many years.

We are a huge favorite this year.

I dont think Brands is perfect-- but he hasnt screwed up much lately :)

Too each their own!

What a damn let down....They had every opportunity to take this card from good to amazing 🔥🔥🔥 How'd I know Brands would screw this up somehow.
Yeah, let down is the intial reaction, but we realistically had too high of expectations. After Eierman got an Olympic Gold Medalist, and Marinelli got a World Silver Medalist, you would have thought Spencer would have gotten a guy of that caliber, but it's probably difficult to get someone like that from overseas right now due to Corona. It'll end by Techfall, but that's like most of Lee's matches that we've paid for during a college season.

Yeah, let down is the intial reaction, but we realistically had too high of expectations. After Eierman got an Olympic Gold Medalist, and Marinelli got a World Silver Medalist, you would have thought Spencer would have gotten a guy of that caliber, but it's probably difficult to get someone of that caliber from overseas right now. It'll end by Techfall, but that's like most of Lee's matches that we've paid for during a college season.

We didn’t have high expectations. We have high expectations and f Lee and the Hawks. This is a joke. It’s Brands protecting his boy again. This is what will keep Lee from being great. He doesn’t let Spencer go to the biggest tournaments. He doesn’t let him wrestle the biggest competition.

• Haha
Reactions: funnyfletcher
We didn’t have high expectations. We have high expectations and f Lee and the Hawks. This is a joke. It’s Brands protecting his boy again. This is what will keep Lee from being great. He doesn’t let Spencer go to the biggest tournaments. He doesn’t let him wrestle the biggest competition.
He let Spencer wrestle as a true freshman coming off a torn ACL in a loaded weight class. What the hell are you talking about with "protecting his boy again" and keeping "Lee from being great"? Straight up knee jerk reaction.

He let Spencer wrestle as a true freshman coming off a torn ACL in a loaded weight class. What the hell are you talking about with "protecting his boy again" and keeping "Lee from being great"? Straight up knee jerk reaction.

Not at all. Since then he hasn’t let the Lee free and you know it! It’s ridiculous. He had so many options and he chose this slouch? GTFOH

<<What a damn let down....They had every opportunity to take this card from good to amazing 🔥🔥🔥 How'd I know Brands would screw this up somehow. >>

Lol-- this is a PERFECT example of how you cant please them all. By most accounts this card was GREAT before this announcement.. Brands screw it up??

We just came off the best season Iowa has had in many,many years.

We are a huge favorite this year.

I dont think Brands is perfect-- but he hasnt screwed up much lately :)

Too each their own!

It really is an awesome card. Simply making Lee the first announcement probably changes the perception big time though.

Not at all. Since then he hasn’t let the Lee free and you know it! It’s ridiculous. He had so many options and he chose this slouch? GTFOH
How can you say he had so many options? Should he have wrestled NATO again, who he's pinned and beaten 8-2 in their last 2 matches? Vito who he teched? The only guys domestically are Gilman and Gross. Maybe he could have wrestled Gilman, but he's wrestled him a ton in the room so I don't see how an exhibition match would be the deciding factor between whether Lee reaches greatness or not.

A little underwhelming, but it was always going to be hard to get him a match that was interesting given the travel conditions.

One way to look at this match is that Sanders is a gas tank guy and if there's a place Lee has shown vulnerability it's fading late in matches. Good experience for him to build on a solid year last year.

How can you say he had so many options? Should he have wrestled NATO again, who he's pinned and beaten 8-2 in their last 2 matches? Vito who he teched? The only guys domestically are Gilman and Gross. Maybe he could have wrestled Gilman, but he's wrestled him a ton in the room so I don't see how an exhibition match would be the deciding factor between whether Lee reaches greatness or not.
He could have had RBY, Miccic, Colon, Gillman, Gross, or Vito again. Any of those would have been better than this no name. What a joke. Gillman is laughing right now.

Reactions: fufighters
Ahhhh. I was hoping someone would bring this up. Yes, he wrestled senior nationals with literally none of the top 57kg guys there. You’re right though that’s what we want for Lee!
How is it Brands fault that no one else showed up? I assume this match up boils down to the same thing. It isn’t Brands fault that top competition doesn’t want to wrestle Lee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT