ADVERTISEMENT

HWC Showdown Match Announcements

No matter the Lee match up - the rest of this card is straight up nails. These are no cup cake matches and on paper, some of our biggest guys who will be competing for a national title this year, are slight to fairly large underdogs. Other than the Lee match, not sure we are favored in any of these FS matches. Am I wrong about that?

Ballsy move and tells me TNT+DD are serious about getting quality competition and trying to build and support HWC.

No matter the Lee match up - the rest of this card is straight up nails. These are no cup cake matches and on paper, some of our biggest guys who will be competing for a national title this year, are slight to fairly large underdogs. Other than the Lee match, not sure we are favored in any of these FS matches. Am I wrong about that?

Ballsy move and tells me TNT+DD are serious about getting quality competition and trying to build and support HWC.
Yeah he’s fine getting competition for everyone else, but “his boy.” And Lugo is definitely favored over Kolodzik.

Okay so there was one “top guy” there.
Tomasello is a top guy anyway you slice it. Bracket also included returning world team member Nahshon Garrett. Then you throw in guys like Vito and Suriano who are potential top 5 guys. It was a great bracket, deeper than most US Open brackets usually are actually.

Who do you think he was dodging? The only guys I could think of would be Gilman, Fix, Colon, or Gross, but none of those guys were ever going to enter the open anyway because they were already qualified.

I get you're disappointed, but don't throw a tantrum.

It’s nice to know everyone on this forum Is a cupcake, just like this matchup. You can all dish out disses lickety split, but can’t take a little bit of truth from a true fan, who only wants best for the Hawkeye wrestlers.

Tomasello is a top guy anyway you slice it. Bracket also included returning world team member Nahshon Garrett. Then you throw in guys like Vito and Suriano who are potential top 5 guys. It was a great bracket, deeper than most US Open brackets usually are actually.

Who do you think he was dodging? The only guys I could think of would be Gilman, Fix, Colon, or Gross, but none of those guys were ever going to enter the open anyway because they were already qualified.

I get you're disappointed, but don't throw a tantrum.
I’m not throwing a tantrum. I’m letting my disappointment be known and defending myself against the losers on this forum. Big difference.

We didn’t have high expectations. We have high expectations and f Lee and the Hawks. This is a joke. It’s Brands protecting his boy again. This is what will keep Lee from being great. He doesn’t let Spencer go to the biggest tournaments. He doesn’t let him wrestle the biggest competition.
I seem to remember Lee wrestling a pretty stacked freestyle tournament last year during the college season that he wrestled as well

lol no intruder. I’m a hawk fan who can spell. If you’re going to call someone a moron, at least spell it right, ya moron!
You really are new here and are unaware of Cesspool traditions. Jeez, does anyone want to explain to him?

@VansontheMoon44 , hope this helps clear up the moran thing for you:

Di-UjGXW0AUOp2i.jpg

Last edited:
He could have had RBY, Miccic, Colon, Gillman, Gross, or Vito again. Any of those would have been better than this no name. What a joke. Gillman is laughing right now.
Ok tool, you’re only a mediocre troll.
As has been stated, you haven’t a clue as to whom was given the opportunity to wrestle Lee. What would any of the grapplers you mentioned, have to gain by wrestling Spencer?
If your as loyal as you say, you may want to be grateful for the opportunity just to see Spencer wrestling again.

Ok tool, you’re only a mediocre troll.
As has been stated, you haven’t a clue as to whom was given the opportunity to wrestle Lee. What would any of the grapplers you mentioned, have to gain by wrestling Spencer?
If your as loyal as you say, you may want to be grateful for the opportunity just to see Spencer wrestling again.
As I’ve stated, neither do you clown. What would they gain?! Are you joking?! They would have an opportunity to take out the best! I am grateful to watch Spence, but I guarantee he ain’t doin backflips or cartwheels with this announcement. Everyone’s laughing at this announcement. it ain’t just me, bud.

<<Everyone’s laughing at this announcement. it ain’t just me, bud. >>

Just like they were laughing when everyone said he "ducked" Rivera -- and Lee ended up on top of the podium in March when it counted.

I dont think it bothers Brands at all if everyone is laughing-- He will sleep pretty well.

As I’ve stated, neither do you clown. What would they gain?! Are you joking?! They would have an opportunity to take out the best! I am grateful to watch Spence, but I guarantee he ain’t doin backflips or cartwheels with this announcement. Everyone’s laughing at this announcement. it ain’t just me, bud.
Ok Tool I can see you’re an emotional wreck over this. Let me help you out lil buddy. I’d expect Spencer to wrestle at Senior Nationals and get better matches there. So watch him there.
Next buy the stream and support the HWC and all of our athletes. This is the real purpose for the event. I wish you mental and emotional peace.

Reactions: GG121AND2
Ok Tool I can see you’re an emotional wreck over this. Let me help you out lil buddy. I’d expect Spencer to wrestle at Senior Nationals and get better matches there. So watch him there.
Next buy the stream and support the HWC and all of our athletes. This is the real purpose for the event. I wish you mental and emotional peace.
Okay clown, I never said I wasn’t buying the event or going to support the HWC. I’m disappointed in the match up for Spencer. It could have been much better is all I’m saying. And I’m willing to bet the Hawks don’t sign up for Senior Nationals.

Wow. Considering the caliber of other opponents, I am thinking others were invited and they turned it down for one reason or another. Probably didnt wanna travel halfway across the globe during a pandemic for an ass-whooping. In all seriousness though, a lot of countries have banned travel from the US right now, so they probably have also at least highly advised against travel to the US for their citizens, no?

Vans...chill bubba. I think we would all like Lee to wrestle a Gilman or a Fix (suspended) every time out. What I was hoping for was a Japanese 57kg (they have two really good ones) or a European but Covid plays into this kind of stuff. But is it protecting? I dunno about that. I am not going to build up Sanders to be the next coming but he is salty. Placed third at a Dagestan tourney Last year and gave Zane Richards all he could handle a few months ago. He is exactly the type of guy Lee would see in the quarters at Trials.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT