ADVERTISEMENT

HWC Showdown Match Announcements

Old news, they both moved on. I believe Ali goes out with St John now. Just an FYI
Most likely would be a better match though.
The Bull vs Green matchup is badass, also Having Hildebrant on the card is a great draw
Wow

Old news, they both moved on. I believe Ali goes out with St John now. Just an FYI
Most likely would be a better match though.
The Bull vs Green matchup is badass, also Having Hildebrant on the card is a great draw
Green vs the bull is very interesting. Bull stays low with those heavy hands I believe he pulls it out.

Bull vs Green is another great matchup I don’t think anyone saw coming. Great opportunity to see where the Bull stands.

I cannot freaking wait to see Lee’s matchup.

Bull vs Green is another great matchup I don’t think anyone saw coming. Great opportunity to see where the Bull stands.

I cannot freaking wait to see Lee’s matchup.
Micic vs Lee would be interesting.Micic has had some success on the Senior international level be a good match for Lee

I apologize if this is out there, but is there a time set for this? I just see 11/1 on everything. Just surprised that when I go to complete the purchase, this isn't in the event details.

<<I apologize if this is out there, but is there a time set for this? I just see 11/1 on everything. Just surprised that when I go to complete the purchase, this isn't in the event details. >>

I believe 6pm central-- But i will confirm-- Thank for letting me know!

Reactions: LBlindHawk
I apologize if this is out there, but is there a time set for this? I just see 11/1 on everything. Just surprised that when I go to complete the purchase, this isn't in the event details.

HWC Twitter page has it listed as 6pm central start time.

Reactions: Novakht
I am excited to see how well Bull and Kem execute from Parterre positions.
I see Bull being better from defensive parterre and defense on his feet. 5 points could win the match

Kem Dawg better offensively from parterre and on his feet. Kem likes to roll around more than Bull and me thinks this could be shoot out. I don’t know much about Gantt though, thoughts?

I see Bull being better from defensive parterre and defense on his feet. 5 points could win the match

Kem Dawg better offensively from parterre and on his feet. Kem likes to roll around more than Bull and me thinks this could be shoot out. I don’t know much about Gantt though, thoughts?
Gantt has had some moderate success on the senior level, but I’m pretty sure McFadden beat him a few weeks ago. I’m pretty high on Kem when it comes to freestyle so I see a pretty big win for him in this one.

Reactions: Inthecircle

Gantt is really known for his conditioning.

last year he took 2nd at the US Open to IMAR (6-4) at 74kg. He beat Massa and A Valencia. He took 3rd at WTT beating Ritchie Lewis and Vallimomt.

i think Kem will have a pretty good size advantage here.

Reactions: Inthecircle
41066ac0c6c4372e91df5c90e7d2dff5.gif

4/5 matches so far are world medalists. Going to be some tough ones but so far, only see Cass as a big underdog.

Remember when posters were questioning the price tag? Hahaha

For real, without knowing ahead of time what the matcbes would be, I understand. But damn they are delivering.
I'll stand by it. I still think $30 is too high if you're trying to pull in a significant amount of non-hawk fans, which was my first thought.

However, as others pointed out, when you have the largest, most committed fan base in the country, you don't necessarily have to consider that when trying to maximize income. I'm going to assume the HWC has a pretty good idea how many hawk fans are going to shell out $30. Looking forward to it.

4/5 matches so far are world medalists. Going to be some tough ones but so far, only see Cass as a big underdog.
Love Eierman, but you'd have to consider him just as big an underdog against an Olympic champ right? He didn't even place at the US Open last time out.

Reactions: Scryed
<<I'm going to assume the HWC has a pretty good idea how many hawk fans are going to shell out $30. Looking forward to it. >>

We have projections,scenerios etc.. and right now there isnt a "right" answer-- a LOT of debate on what right price is to maximize value to all involved-- HWC, Trackwrestling, and the athletes.

We are excited and hopeful that this is a compelling, interesting card !

<<I'm going to assume the HWC has a pretty good idea how many hawk fans are going to shell out $30. Looking forward to it. >>

We have projections,scenerios etc.. and right now there isnt a "right" answer-- a LOT of debate on what right price is to maximize value to all involved-- HWC, Trackwrestling, and the athletes.

great wrestling and the HWC makes money..... this is a no brainer especially being so starved for watching competition in this day and age

Love Eierman, but you'd have to consider him just as big an underdog against an Olympic champ right? He didn't even place at the US Open last time out.

I think Yianni went close with him, and Eierman is close with Yianni. If Eierman can get into the 2nd period, it should be a tight match.

I think Yianni went close with him, and Eierman is close with Yianni. If Eierman can get into the 2nd period, it should be a tight match.
I know Eierman always wrestles Yianni tough, but take a look at their common opponents in freestyle. In freestyle, Yianni has performed at a different level. Transitive property doesn't work in wrestling.

Reactions: Scryed and sambud

Thanks for the response. Card looks amazing so far!

I was thinking the same thing - Brands is probably trying to restock the women of HWC
Seems like a weird move to cut ties with 3 potential olympians only to replace them with lower ranked wrestlers. I would be very happy though. I'd love to see Hildebrandt in Iowa. Very fun to watch.

Any results from Night of Conflict? Avila was suppose to go against a kid ranked like 5th in nation

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT