ADVERTISEMENT

Hy-Vee Homefront 250 Indy Car race from Newton just starting...

I really want to like indycar racing again. These cars are so much different than when I was younger and I hate the British broadcaster. It just seems different like Formula 1 did was when I was a kid. Wish Paul Page still called these.

Reactions: Moral
Sweat. Hot weather. Day star. Hillbilly car racing. Loud. Really loud. Busch light. Coors light. Concrete. Drunk hillbillies.

In the least uppity way possible…no thanks.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
I thought it was weird Ed Sheeran was going to sing there. I think that's what the commercials were for anyway.

These drivers are tiny. I once stood to Tony Kanan. I felt like a giant though he had me in the nose department. Great guy.

I'm right at home.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Moral
These drivers are tiny. I once stood to Tony Kanan. I felt like a giant though he had me in the nose department. Great guy.
It's funny when they throw down on each other. They're like jockey fights. Then a tire guy from each team scoops them up like a small child and carries them away.

Steve Kinser was a giant by race car standards. He was a sprint car legend and ran the Indy 500 in the mid 90s when the IRL split happened. Apparently the new chassis' built to the IRL specs were large enough for him to actually fit into, or he would have done it much earlier in his life like many other Midwestern sprint car guys have.

Yesterday was Kenny and Carrie. Today ZBB and the Sheeran character. I have heard no info on how it was. I believe ZBB is at 11 this morning.

I sold my tix, but the only reason I wanted to go was for Ed Sheeran. I've seen Zac Brown band. Been there, done that.

The Ginger better have some shade later

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkman98
Hmm. See Zach Brown full set on a stadium tour or 11:00 AM show on what looks like a side stage
I'd much rather see him in a large venue. They were really good but had an hour to play and it was on a mobile stage.

They were offering tickets for 50 percent off towards the end (last two weeks). I don't understand the concert/race juxtaposition. I used to go when it was just the 1 race. I guess people need more entertaining.

I dislike motor sports and Hy Vee, and therefore hope all the drivers and everyone in the luxury boxes die a fiery death.
You can't be serious though I do wish a car would decapitate two or three users on here. And like Jude Law in Road to Perdition, I show up as they are taking their last breaths and ask them to smile for the camera...

• Love
Reactions: torbee
They were offering tickets for 50 percent off towards the end (last two weeks). I don't understand the concert/race juxtaposition. I used to go when it was just the 1 race. I guess people need more entertaining.
Not sure why these events are having identity crises these days. The John Deere Classic did that this year. They sold out their tickets, which in my many years of going to that event wasn't a thing. I was taking the kid for his first time and it was a last minute decision and it was actually tricky to get some. The grounds were far from capacity during the day for golf but people were pounding in the gate at the end that bought them only for Darius Rucker. They definitely weren't the golfing type.

John Deere couldn’t give away the tickets to their own employees before Rucker and Shelton. They made it a hot ticket. It worked for us Daughter got cheap tickets via John Deere and corporate tent access with snacks and beverages. Wife enjoyed the concert.

John Deere just throws millions and millions at this even. I am sure it’s a flash point for the union to say they have more to give.

John Deere couldn’t give away the tickets to their own employees before Rucker and Shelton. They made it a hot ticket. It worked for us Daughter got cheap tickets via John Deere and corporate tent access with snacks and beverages. Wife enjoyed the concert.

John Deere just throws millions and millions at this even. I am sure it’s a flash point for the union to say they have more to give.
I felt bad for the people who bought the hyvee tickets at full price. How is the race attendance anyways?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT