ADVERTISEMENT

I’d have to agree

they couldn't have an episode where they wait for a table at a chinese restaurant? this is something you actually think?

and the answer is easy...it's the episode they got in trouble for at the time...the puerto rican day parade episode where kramer stomps a burning puerto rican flag to put the fire out
Correct. That is the one episode that is actually banned from tv currently.

do you really think someone would be able to make a show today on NBC making fun of the way Chinese people talk and expect it to air and not have anyone complaining about it?

Reactions: TornadoHawk93
Correct. That is the one episode that is actually banned from tv currently.

do you really think someone would be able to make a show today on NBC making fun of the way Chinese people talk and expect it to air and not have anyone complaining about it?
when do they make fun of how chinese people talk in that episode?

Agreed. Is that 70's show considered a sitcom? That is maybe the last one I found consistently funny.

I do agree "wokeness" has killed a lot of stand up comedy though.

It hasn't touched stand up comedy. Stand up is as strong as its ever been. Every single one of your favorite comics has a podcast and their own built in audience any more, there are more comedians selling out arenas than in the history of the genre.

The first one that came to mind was the handicapped spot episode
Ok, I can admit I might have been wrong, but I feel like it’s starting to sway back the other way. If you watch any decent amount of standup, there’s a ton of comics going hard at trans, race, and the like. It’s kind of refreshing to be honest. Comedy should never be censored and nothing off limits imo.

Reactions: like-woahh
Ok, I can admit I might have been wrong, but I feel like it’s starting to sway back the other way. If you watch any decent amount of standup, there’s a ton of comics going hard at trans, race, and the like. It’s kind of refreshing to be honest. Comedy should never be censored and nothing off limits imo.

I think as far as network shows go, it really won't. I get so much entertainment from YouTube and the other streaming sites anymore, who gives a shit about network TV though. It's a dinosaur.

I think as far as network shows go, it really won't. I get so much entertainment from YouTube and the other streaming sites anymore, who gives a shit about network TV though. It's a dinosaur.
Oh, yeah I wasn’t really considering networks as part of the equation. I’m talking more streaming.

Reactions: like-woahh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT