ADVERTISEMENT

I’m still pretty shocked we got Cade….

Maybe I don't wanna look out for Wisconsin in year 3 of their air raid offense.......
well, im just giving my opinion of the scheme. it’s a good one if run right and may work well in the big ten as defenses aren’t used to seeing it, it’s hard to prepare for in in one week.

I don’t know if Longo will be successful with it, I’m a Leach fan. What Leach did was leverage a less talented team with the air raid so texas tech could compete with Texas and oklahoma. He domimitated Oregon with it at washington state and would have won big in the sec if he hadnt passed away from heart trouble. so I admire that offense. Again no clue if Longo is a good air raid coach, but that q b they got from Leach, Braedyn Locke can run that offense at a high level if given the chance. Wisconsin always produces good lineman who would be natural pass blockers in the air raid. So it has good potential. They may struggle this year though. it takes about three years to get humming.

Last edited:
well, im just giving my opinion of the scheme. it’s a good one if run right and may work well in the big ten as defenses aren’t used to seeing it, it’s hard to prepare for in in one week.

I don’t know if Longo will be successful with it, I’m a Leach fan. What Leach did was leverage a less talented team with the air raid so texas tech could compete with Texas and oklahoma. He domimitated Oregon with it at washington state and would have won big in the sec if he hadnt passed away from heart trouble. so I admire that offense. Again no clue if Longo is a good air raid coach, but that q b they got from Leach, Braedyn Locke can run that offense at a high level if given the chance. Wisconsin always produces good lineman who would be natural pass blockers in the air raid. So it has good potential. They may struggle this year though. it takes about theee years to get humming.

He would have never had the defense to really compete in the SEC… here is the difference between the big 12 and the SEC. Yes, they switched their focus to a degree to offensive football, but they still have big tall, fast defensive lineman & line backers, and study backs!

We will see!
no-we-wont-john-dutton.gif

Reactions: cmhawks99
He would have never had the defense to really compete in the SEC… here is the difference between the big 12 and the SEC. Yes, they switched their focus to a degree to offensive football, but they still have big tall, fast defensive lineman & line backers, and study backs!
He went 9-4 last year with a stiff at qb in the sec, of course he could compete. miss State had a good defense. In state they recruit very well defensively. Leach could pull in four stars on offense at the skill positions. they would have won 10 games this year. I call that competing.

were they beating Georgia and winning the national title ? No but he could make the smallest school in the sec with least amount of money a very scary team to play.

It has been mentioned that Cade's past completion rate was just at 64-65%. His highlight tape at Mich showed him looking very accurate in general and placing passes in correct positions.

Cade's completion % is 10-15% more than Petras or Padilla so in a game where Iowa throws 30 passes that projects out to 3-4 more completions a game. Petras used to throw a lot of passes out of bounds on purpose so if Cade can be more shifty and make 1-2 more completions with his feet and scrambling the that might project to about 5 more completions per game.

I think 5 more completions per game will be huge. It could be the difference between punting two less times and perhaps scoring twice more a game.

Johnson and Charlie Jones were the reason we beat Minnesota in 2021. Johnson and Arland were the reason we beat Northwestern in 2021. Jones was the reason we beat Illinois in 2021. Those playmakers are all gone. They were all game changers, regardless if they were hurt, we couldn’t throw them the ball, or just ignored their talents. What game changers do we have at receiver right now?
I'm going to say Anderson, Nico, Vines, Bostich, and Austin are all going to be a better group than we've had since ISM's last year. I'll publicly eat crow if I'm wrong. The freshman from Missouri, Howard, is going to be a good player also. Just needs a little time.

I'm going to say Anderson, Nico, Vines, Bostich, and Austin are all going to be a better group than we've had since ISM's last year. I'll publicly eat crow if I'm wrong. The freshman from Missouri, Howard, is going to be a good player also. Just needs a little time.
Maybe. But all we really know of the group production wise is we have a good slot guy in Nico.

Reactions: Bishop1971
It hit me today. We just blew past that and went back to! We suck on offense … We have a proven commodity @ QB, that we all agree will improve our team we don’t have to “hope“ an unproven quarterback are on our roster works… We have two very good, proven running backs. Our real problem is the offensive line and if they can get shit figured out there really should be a lot more general positivity around here even with BF being our O-coordinator.

Now, if you’re from the school of thought that Brian Ferentz ****ed up the O-line and it’s his fault for playing such a shitty quarterback, then I guess I get your negativity, but there are a lot more moving parts than that and we all agree. Spencer Petras was not a very good quarterback, and I think we all pretty much now have realized sadly ( still the the coaches fault) but we did not have an adequate quarterback on the roster…. We honestly should be pretty positive!

We know we have a solid quarterback, we know we have solid running backs, and we know we have terrific TE’s…That’s a lot of positivity for an offense that has sucked for a couple years!
Very well said my friend that’s a good positive outlook for the upcoming season. I think we’re gonna be damn good this year if these little things which are actually big things like the line, continue to improve drastically over the summer and early fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT