ADVERTISEMENT

I’m still pretty shocked we got Cade….

Then all the threads should direct their blame solely at Ken O'Keefe.

I trust you'll make sure to correct everyone in the future.....
Last year I believe it was more the subpar OL and it was not gonna matter much who was at QB.

I think we all can agree the OL was not anywhere close to where it needed to be. Again show me some offenses that had an OL like that that were "good" offenses.

It's spin using NFL to college comparisons.

Lance and Wilson were highly successful college QBs. Who gives a f*** what they do in the NFL.

Brad Banks never did anything in the NFL. Was it a mistake to add him as a transfer?

Maybe you missed the relative part….

You’re telling me it’s not a big deal to miss at the NFL level…hmm, I wonder what fans of the 49ers and Jets think?

I’sit easier to get it right at college or at The NFL level?

You say it was a major miss by us….I’d say we all miss. Spin if you won’t but still relative and still true!

Maybe you missed the relative part….

You’re telling me it’s not a big deal to miss at the NFL level…hmm, I wonder what fans of the 49ers and Jets think?

I’sit easier to get it right at college or at The NFL level?

You say it was a major miss by us….I’d say we all miss. Spin if you won’t but still relative and still true!
That was rough to read, but I can appreciate the approach you're taking here to try and end the conversation......😉

It absolutely doesn't change facts, but I can appreciate it nonetheless.

Trust me I wouldn’t be as polite as Brian Ferentz was yesterday. My opinion of reporters is about as low as some other infamous professions.
f30a0d54-258e-44b2-981a-530305eb3b3a_text.gif

That was rough to read, but I can appreciate the approach you're taking here to try and end the conversation......😉

It absolutely doesn't change facts, but I can appreciate it nonetheless.

Yes….Petras sucked, we missed, but we miss all up and down the ladder. I’m more baffled we seemingly miss 3 or 4 times in that period !

Huh…,Johnson never played. Tracey went to PU and caught 26 passes for 185 yards. Bruce dropped lots of balls and Nico didn’t finally look decent until the end of the season?!

Am I missing something here? If our wide receivers, even walkons, can’t perform better than what we had last year?! Then that really is tragic.!!
Johnson and Charlie Jones were the reason we beat Minnesota in 2021. Johnson and Arland were the reason we beat Northwestern in 2021. Jones was the reason we beat Illinois in 2021. Those playmakers are all gone. They were all game changers, regardless if they were hurt, we couldn’t throw them the ball, or just ignored their talents. What game changers do we have at receiver right now?

Johnson and Charlie Jones were the reason we beat Minnesota in 2021. Johnson and Arland were the reason we beat Northwestern in 2021. Jones was the reason we beat Illinois in 2021. Those playmakers are all gone. They were all game changers, regardless if they were hurt, we couldn’t throw them the ball, or just ignored their talents. What game changers do we have at receiver right now?

Oh defense didn’t help in those eh? And they threw the ball to themselves?

Since we are just playing hypothetical BS now, I will say all of them that get on the field.

Exactly someone still had them a ball, where it could be caught and then they had to catch it.
But that guy that never lost a game at iowa, and the offense averaged over 29 points a game with, wasn’t good enough for our offensive coaches. So we can’t give him credit. Brian said so. Guy supposedly had no upside.

But that guy that never lost a game at iowa, and the offense averaged over 29 points a game with, wasn’t good enough for our offensive coaches. So we can’t give him credit. Brian said so. Guy supposedly had no upside.

Did you like him ? I did not !

Did you like him ? I did not !
I’ll say this. I’m glad we have Cade. But it just seemed so hypocritical of our coaches to talk about how all that matters is winning, you can’t measure an offense based on yards, points, or whatever. And yet you kept putting a guy who was 7 and 7 his last 14 starts at quarterback who’s skill set didn’t fit this offense. And you’ve got a guy who’s never lost as a starter on the bench. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: cmhawks99
Lol, no you're not. ;)

As it pertains to KOK… Barta or the school president didn’t say hey, Ken, go grab yourself a quarterback, and no one else signed off on it?

Just like Kirk wouldn’t call Phil Parker into his office and saying hey, we’re going to go hurry up no huddle five wide and wing the ball all over the place… And Phil would say cool that goes with our defensive philosophy!

It’s all intertwined!

As it pertains to KOK… Barta or the school president didn’t say hey, Ken, go grab yourself a quarterback, and no one else signed off on it?

Just like Kirk wouldn’t call Phil Parker into his office and saying hey, we’re going to go hurry up no huddle five wide and wing the ball all over the place… And Phil would say cool that goes with our defensive philosophy!

It’s all intertwined!
Yep. Kirk trusted KOK's evals of QBs. I am sure Kirk talked with the QBs and their high school coaches, but if KOK gave them the gold seal, that was the main thing Kirk needed to go along.

And on the Trey Lance deal, I mean who else offered him? A whole crap ton of teams missed! And that is assuming he would perform the same at a P5 school.

I’ll say this. I’m glad we have Cade. But it just seemed so hypocritical of our coaches to talk about how all that matters is winning, you can’t measure an offense based on yards, points, or whatever. And yet you kept putting a guy who was 7 and 7 his last 14 starts at quarterback who’s skill set didn’t fit this offense. And you’ve got a guy who’s never lost as a starter on the bench. 🤷‍♂️

I liked the first part, and understand the rest… With that said, I hated watching Alex Padilla play.

Now, in total brutal honesty, I was happy as hell when he came in versus Ohio State until he fumbled the first snap and then promptly threw an interception. Maybe a pick six, right?

And that settled for me, he sucks worse!

Last edited:
I liked the first part, and understand the rest… With that said, I hated watching Alex Padilla play.

Now, in total brutal honesty, I was happy as hell when he came in versus Ohio State until he fumbled the first snap and then promptly threw an interception. Maybe a pick six, right?

And that settled for me, he sucks worse!
There was no calm there with either Spencer or Alex. Some dudes just don't have that. Chuck Long always recalls the story of him being in his first game at Nebraska and being so nervous he threw up on Hayden Fry's white pants.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllll we have been hearing here over and over it was mostly Spencer's fault. I am getting confused.
SP was a statue in the pocket (his fault), the OL gave no protection to said statue (not his fault).

I don't recall anyone stating this was 100% SP's fault, I do recall folks stating we needed a mobile QB and most thought AP would at least give some mobility. LIttle did we know know that JL was the mobile QB and should have been playing the majority of snaps due to the OL being a swinging gate with no latch. I do recall folks saying that it was 100% BF's fault for the shite show that was the offense.

SP was a statue in the pocket (his fault), the OL gave no protection to said statue (not his fault).

I don't recall anyone stating this was 100% SP's fault, I do recall folks stating we needed a mobile QB and most thought AP would at least give some mobility. LIttle did we know know that JL was the mobile QB and should have been playing the majority of snaps due to the OL being a swinging gate with no latch. I do recall folks saying that it was 100% BF's fault for the shite show that was the offense.
I would say ownership would be attributable to Kirk and all coaches on offense and the players themselves across the board. At some point I think a guy gets tired of getting their ass kicked and responds and gets better through experience and working harder and watching film and not repeating mistakes. We will never know if the OL pre snap calls were good or not by Jones. They are critical.

Versus Iowa State I think we had ISU defenders on their line come through untouched.

Reactions: obfuscating

I agree the offensive coordinator is responsible… But you can’t honestly tell me in hindsight Alex Padilla was a better option. Holy shit dude he was horrific.

Spencer, every now and then threw one hell of a ball. Hell, I watched Padilla buy time, buy time, and then throw the ball in the dirt to a receiver in front of him.

On a sidenote, we have got to simplify the English language honestly voice texting is an effing bitch by vs buy, my Lord all mighty

It’s all intertwined!
Lol, nope.

It’s all intertwined!
it will never happen, but I wouldn’t mind seeing some air raid offense matched with Parkers defense.

Wisconsin is going to be running the air raid, should be interesting. they got a great qb transfer from Miss State Braedyn Locke who went there to play for Leach.

If Iowa’s O is significantly improved this year, the national media will give Cade the majority of the credit. Coming here was a smart move on his part.

The QB room is significantly improved this year.
The oline will improve. Receivers are the big question.

Phil has been so good at his job that he’s about to lose a first round draft pick in Van Ness, a future first round draft pick in Jacobs, a second or third round draft pick in Campbell, Riley, Kaevon, and Benson, and he gets only one transfer in the portal, and our defense will be great.

Brian is about to lose only Laporta, and gets six portal guys on offense and we just hope we can be in the top 100 this year offensively.

If Iowa’s O is significantly improved this year, the national media will give Cade the majority of the credit. Coming here was a smart move on his part.

The QB room is significantly improved this year.
The oline will improve. Receivers are the big question.
If the O line is improved significantly, the offense will be pretty good. No excuse not to have 3-4 decent receivers with the portal. There are several good receivers who are available right now.

it will never happen, but I wouldn’t mind seeing some air raid offense matched with Parkers defense.

Wisconsin is going to be running the air raid, should be interesting. they got a great qb transfer from Miss State Braedyn Locke who went there to play for Leach.

I’m thankful for this, because they’d been kicking our ass!

I’m thankful for this, because they’d been kicking our ass!
It will take a year or two to adjust, so Wisconsin offense will be inconsistent, but year three look out. That’s the normal trajectory for a good air raid offense. I’m using Leach as an example, Longo may not live up to that. spread passing attack is very qb centric. if you have someone like Locke at qb they will,put up a lot of points, It’s a good match for Wisconsin as they they always have good O lineman. if they have the qb and a deep receiving Corp they will score a lot of points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT