ADVERTISEMENT

I-80 will close overnight Nov. 12 to Dec. 1 for Coralville bridge demo

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Overnight interstate closures are coming Sunday, Nov. 12 as construction of the new I-80 and First Avenue interchange in Coralville intensifies. Regular closures for a bridge demolition are anticipated to last until Dec. 1.

Eastbound I-80 at the First Avenue interchange (Exit 242) will close on Sunday so crews can demolish the interstate bridge. Additionally, eastbound I-80 will be closed Sunday through Thursday nights each week from 11 p.m. until 5 a.m. until Dec. 1.

Drivers will be detoured off I-80 at Exit 240 and follow a marked detour back onto eastbound I-80 at First Avenue or Exit 242.

The Iowa DOT encourages drivers to proceed with caution, obey the posted speed limit and other signs in the work area, and be aware that traffic fines for moving violations are at least double in work zones.

Reactions: Ree4
Not to quibble, but what interstate bridge are they demolishing? I go through there several times a week, and they aren't taking down an interstate bridge. Is the writer trying to say they are removing one of the 1st Avenue overpasses?

Not to quibble, but what interstate bridge are they demolishing? I go through there several times a week, and they aren't taking down an interstate bridge. Is the writer trying to say they are removing one of the 1st Avenue overpasses?
The old first avenue bridge that you can use to get to the Coralville Landing area then head south to route 6. It’s a cluster through there on a regular basis.

If you are going through there at midnight to 5 am, I wanna know what you are doing. 😜

Reactions: GOHOX69
The old first avenue bridge that you can use to get to the Coralville Landing area then head south to route 6. It’s a cluster through there on a regular basis.

If you are going through there at midnight to 5 am, I wanna know what you are doing. 😜
Pimping your mom at the Super 7.

• Haha
Reactions: GOHOX69 and B1GDeal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT