ADVERTISEMENT

Southbound I-35 between Huxley and Ankeny to close completely this week

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Southbound Interstate 35 will close Thursday night for emergency repairs.

The southbound lanes will close between Iowa 210 south of Huxley and Northeast 36th Street in Ankeny from 8 p.m. Thursday through 5 a.m. Friday, according to a news release from the Iowa Department of Transportation.

The release said the rest area near Elkhart also will be closed from 9 a.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday.

It did not specify what the emergency repairs are.

Emergency repairs will close Interstate 35 between Ankeny and Huxley.

There will be a marked detour using Northeast 36th Street, U.S. Highway 69, and Iowa 210.

Iowa drivers can call 511 or visit the DOT's website to access the latest traveler information on this project and more.

Ciggy, did you have a stroke today?
Thanks for letting all of us who will be on I-35 at 2 am Friday morning know to be ready for a delay.

Southbound Interstate 35 will close Thursday night for emergency repairs.

The southbound lanes will close between Iowa 210 south of Huxley and Northeast 36th Street in Ankeny from 8 p.m. Thursday through 5 a.m. Friday, according to a news release from the Iowa Department of Transportation.

The release said the rest area near Elkhart also will be closed from 9 a.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday.

It did not specify what the emergency repairs are.

Emergency repairs will close Interstate 35 between Ankeny and Huxley.

There will be a marked detour using Northeast 36th Street, U.S. Highway 69, and Iowa 210.

Iowa drivers can call 511 or visit the DOT's website to access the latest traveler information on this project and more.

Thanks biden

Reactions: lucas80
This stretch of I35 has been restricted to traffic ever since Spring. Mostly the closure was done in late afternoon and nights reopening early in the morning. It is a busy stretch of interstate. Someone’s the traffic in 69 would be backed up 2-3 miles at the 4way stop where the closure was taking place. I too have no idea what “construction” is taking place… perhaps a resurface from concrete up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT