ADVERTISEMENT

I guess Ty Thompson isn't visiting after all?

If you've ever read reports from Kirk, he believes Barnett is a tremendous coach and an amazing leader.

If true, the oline is worse than we imagined.
Oh, we know how bad it is. Hard to underestimate that.

And it tells me the reserves also aren't progressing.

Cade won't make it to mid-season in 2024.

Reactions: IGot5onIt
OL has been bad since Barnett was hired and Ihave seen no real improvement , Copeland and Barnett should have been let go last off Season
The non action to improve hints KF is leaving sooner than later and he's simply too damn lazy to do an asst coaching search.

OL has been bad since Barnett was hired and Ihave seen no real improvement , Copeland and Barnett should have been let go last off Season
Haven't you heard? The scout team OL per Barnett is as good as he has seen...I kid you not, wish I had that tweet from late fall. :)

The non action to improve hints KF is leaving sooner than later and he's simply too damn lazy to do an asst coaching search.
Kirk feels it's unnecessary to improve with a 10 in the win column. I also think he doesn't want to admit he made a bad hire and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings with a firing

Just my opinion but I'm not in favor of letting Copeland go.

He got Johnson to come here and he looks like he will be good at KSU now that he's healthy. He got Brown here who is the highest rated wr we have ever had. I believe he has one of the hardest jobs in America. Not many wrs will even look at coming to Iowa because of how old school the offense is.

Barnett might be a great guy and a good leader but the offensive line has but improved at all. He needs to try somewhere else.

Yep. ..who doesn't want to see another big step forward by the OLine?

BTW...that's sarcasm for anyone who hasn't watched Iowa football for the last two years.
I'm not saying I don't want him to be....just that I don't think believe he will be.

He got Johnson to come here and he looks like he will be good at KSU now that he's healthy. He got Brown here who is the highest rated wr we have ever had. I believe he has one of the hardest jobs in America. Not many wrs will even look at coming to Iowa because of how old school the offense is.

Barnett might be a great guy and a good leader but the offensive line has but improved at all. He needs to try somewhere else.
I actually agree but sounds like Copeland might be gone and Barnett back....

Kirk feels it's unnecessary to improve with a 10 in the win column. I also think he doesn't want to admit he made a bad hire and doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings with a firing
Kirk still thinks Brian is right for OC, no wonder he thinks Cade and Deacon are right for QB.

Angry Season 3 GIF by The Lonely Island

Bottom line: WRs are dropping passes & not getting separation.

The group is very underwhelming.

I don’t see how Copeland has earned this job for ‘24.

Bottom line: WRs are dropping passes & not getting separation.

The group is very underwhelming.

I don’t see how Copeland has earned this job for ‘24.

I understand that and fair points. I just don't think he has a chance to excel at his job with the offensive scheme limitations... and offensive limitations as a whole.

I also feel like our wrs have more separation than what meets the eye on TV. There were times that guys were completely open at Kinnick and they weren't looked at. We also are extremely risk adverse and don't seem to let our wrs make a play on a 50-50 ball.

Again, I get your points and understand these feelings. I just think it's hard to assess him when he has zero help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT