ADVERTISEMENT

I Know Cael Probably Doesn’t Care But…..

Yeah, the 3x top 4 AA Truax is a heavy favorite over the freshman 174 lber. Did you watch the Rogotzke match? He was cruising and got caught in a flukey move. Gabe doesn't have that kind of junk to catch him with.
How about the Munoz match at Oregon State? I’m not going to say Truax is a heavy favorite like at 285, 197, 174, 157, and 133. All the other matches are educated coin flips. Truax, to me, is between the heavy favorites and educated coin flips, if he wrestles Arnold. You can think differently.

How about the Munoz match at Oregon State? I’m not going to say Truax is a heavy favorite like at 285, 197, 174, 157, and 133. All the other matches are educated coin flips. Truax, to me, is between the heavy favorites and educated coin flips, if he wrestles Arnold. You can think differently.
He lost a one-takedown match to a fellow AA? In what way does that mean he's not a heavy favorite over Arnold? Munoz would also be a heavy favorite over Arnold.

He lost a one-takedown match to a fellow AA? In what way does that mean he's not a heavy favorite over Arnold? Munoz would also be a heavy favorite over Arnold.
I would be shocked if Penn State loses at 285, 197, 174, 133, and a little less so at 157. I wouldn’t be shocked if Arnold beat Truax. Just wouldn’t be.

If Caliendo wrestles like he did last week he’s going to get his ass kicked. He needs to have confidence in his offense and make it happen. We have a chance at 5 weights if we bring our a-game and have a chance to get shut out if we see last week’s performances. I for one am curious to see if Glazier can give Brooks any trouble. Hope so!
I’m not expecting Glazier to handle Brooks. He’s looked good so far but its mostly been against mid level competition, no?

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Unless Caliendo has had unprecedented improvement while at Iowa, the wrestler comparison indicates he will be beat handily by Mesenbrink.

Michael Caliendo

#34 Cassella, Brevin03/16/23W DEC 6 - 1
#18 Fish, Caleb03/16/23W DEC 12 - 6
#11 Olguin, Matthew03/16/23W DEC 9 - 8

Mitchell Mesenbrink​

vs common opponents 3 - 0
#10 Fish, Caleb01/21/24W MD 18 - 9
#28 Olguin, Matthew01/05/24W TF5 17 - 2 3:46
#22 Cassella, Brevin11/19/23W TF5 25 - 6 6:55
Ask David Taylor what Kyle Dake thinks of that kind of transitive property comparison…

Mesenbrink may very well win, but comparing scores, especially when they are all still victories, is often a fool’s errand.

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
If you were Penn State, wouldn’t you want to start the meet anywhere but 125??? Like you would think Iowa’s only chance of being competitive, is to win some really tight matches starting at 125 and before 174, get Carver into a frenzy, and then see what happens. Anybody have any thoughts?
Quit over analyzing.....no need to.

Reactions: el dub
I do agree in general on the transitive property comparison, but the thing that always set Dake apart and makes comparisons to him difficult was his other worldly defensive prowess in college.
When making a point you have to go with the most recognizable analogy. Dake was absolutely a unicorn, but the true point is that styles make matchups. Unless the comparisons have someone losing to a guy the other beat handily, I never have taken much stock in the point differentials against common opponents…

Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
The great Krailure is a lying cheating horses ass! If you heard his "explanation" of the now famous 125 match last week, well that is ALL you need to hear. Didn't want to upset the REFs who he obviously has in his back pocket. A mistake can be made no doubt, but when you get to review it and STILL call it wrong!?!?!?

In any case BEST case for IOWA is we start at 125 and get on a roll!

Win 125 +3
Hold to reg loss at 133 3-3
win 141 6-3
win 149 9-3
win 157 12-3 going into 1/2 and now Krailure is in a PANIC!!!
He bumps StarFish and PK wins!!! 15-3
ARNOLD takes out StarFish 18-3!!!!
Lose at 197 and Heavy but CARVER needs a NEW ROOF!!!!!

Someone needs to step in with this guy and his takes...

you dont want this tim meadows GIF

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: el dub and IRONBlRD
If you were Penn State, wouldn’t you want to start the meet anywhere but 125??? Like you would think Iowa’s only chance of being competitive, is to win some really tight matches starting at 125 and before 174, get Carver into a frenzy, and then see what happens. Anybody have any thoughts?
Or I want Brooks and Kerkvliet to close it out if points are needed.

Or I want Brooks and Kerkvliet to close it out if points are needed.
I’d just want those two starting out a dual like we used to have at Iowa with Desanto and Lee. Against most teams (those not named Penn State and a handful of others) you were basically starting out ahead 8 or 9 to zero.

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT