ADVERTISEMENT

I saw a smoking hot woman in church this morning

Originally posted by WB03:
Hmmm...when did God tell you this?
And doesn't condeming Loog for it make you a willful sinner as well?

God told me when I read it numerous times in the book they probably quoted when Loog was in church. It's called the Bible.

And how does me pointing out Loog is sinning make me a willful sinner? Why shouldn't I?

Originally posted by The_Architect:
Is this post a joke? Who seriously jerks off to the image of someone they saw earlier in the day!?

I'm glad I'm not the only one that though that was weird. . .

Originally posted by I W W H T A 1 E:

Is this post a joke? Who seriously jerks off to the image of someone they saw earlier in the day!?

I don't know this Loog guy. The only thing he may really be pulling on is our chains.

Originally posted by XLargeHawk:

Originally posted by HAWKSTAT:
XL Hawk - Your plan to keep sinners out of the church may backfire on you.

I don't try to keep sinners out. God commands we keep continous willful non-repentant sinners out.

What is the size of your church? How many "sinners" have you kicked out. What is the cut-off for kicking someone out and who decided the cut-off. Do you vote them our Survivor style? I don't remember reading in the Bible to kick someone out of your church if he goes home after church and pulls one off thinking about someone he saw there.

Originally posted by MMMM....Good69:
You are a moron. You have no idea that Loog is a non repetent sinner. For the sole fact that one time he saw a good looking woman in church then proceeded to go home and rub one off to her means he doesn't repent for those sins? He did it in the comfort of his own home. He didn't leave the sermon to go to the bathroom and do it. I think your religious views of the christian relgion are misguided.

Misguided? Do you think you understand repentance? What do you think it means?

It means you feel remorse for doing it, or to ask forgiveness from God for your sins. If he doesn't ask God for forgiveness for his sins then don't you think he needs to go to church to learn more about why he should be asking for forgiveness?

What is the cut-off for kicking someone out and who decided the cut-off. Do you vote them our Survivor style? I don't remember reading in the Bible to kick someone out of your church if he goes home after church and pulls one off thinking about someone he saw there.

Lusting after another man's wife is a sin. Have you not read the teachings of Christ?

As far as kicking them out, is it not plain?

First Corinthians 5:11-16 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked man from among you.”

Reactions: HawkeyeHoltkamp

XL Hawk - Your plan to keep sinners out of the church may backfire on you.

I don't try to keep sinners out. God commands we keep continous willful non-repentant sinners out.

What is the size of your church? How many "sinners" have you kicked out. What is the cut-off for kicking someone out and who decided the cut-off. Do you vote them our Survivor style? I don't remember reading in the Bible to kick someone out of your church if he goes home after church and pulls one off thinking about someone he saw there.

There are several passages in the NT dealing with church discipline. He's probably thinking of the passage from 1 Corinthians where St. Paul says something to the effect of "do not associate with a brother who is involved in sexual immorality; do not even eat with him".

It's somewhere in 1 Cor, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Remember the 5000 posts about whacking it to HerkysBro's GF and ask yourself this question again.
This post was edited on 4/24 2:49 PM by hawknbuckif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

It means you feel remorse for doing it, or to ask forgiveness from God for your sins. If he doesn't ask God for forgiveness for his sins then don't you think he needs to go to church to learn more about why he should be asking for forgiveness?

No, that is not what it means. It means to change one's mind and purpose. That is why the Bible says there are deeds appropriate to repentance. To repent he would first have to feel sorry for it. (I highly doubt that). And, two, he would have to quit.

And, no, he doesn't need to go to church to learn that. I'm pretty sure he already does know that.

Originally posted by I W W H T A 1 E:

Fantasizing is "wierd"?

A rip-roaring theological debate about repentance, continual sinners, and lusting after another man's wife.

Call me when the topic gets to Peruvian Ica stones that depict man riding dinosaurs, fishing reels embedded in 30-year old rocks, and dinosaurs on Noah's Ark. It can't be too far away, if things go as they usually do.

Hmmm...when did God tell you this?
And doesn't condeming Loog for it make you a willful sinner as well?

God told me when I read it numerous times in the book they probably quoted when Loog was in church. It's called the Bible.

And how does me pointing out Loog is sinning make me a willful sinner? Why shouldn't I?

Because you are judging him even though you are sinful yourself. Are you saying you are without sin?
You are also misinterpreting the Bible verse you keep referring to.

Because you are judging him even though you are sinful yourself. Are you saying you are without sin?

XLarge and his Jesus posse are merely Christian warriors defending the Word against the heathen onslaught.

They kick ass in His name.

What verse have I kept referring to? And what did I do wrong with it?

How can I be without sin?

Isn't there a difference between a guy who intentionally gets drunk every weekend and someone who desperately wants to stop, but is still struggling to put alcohol away who only "slips" and is remorseful?

Originally posted by NPRLover:
A rip-roaring theological debate about repentance, continual sinners, and lusting after another man's wife.

Call me when the topic gets to Peruvian Ica stones that depict man riding dinosaurs, fishing reels embedded in 30-year old rocks, and dinosaurs on Noah's Ark. It can't be too far away, if things go as they usually do.

It's funny because it's true.

How many times have simple things like this turned into exactly what NPR describes in this post? This thread will be legendary in no time at this pace.

Isn't there a difference between a guy who intentionally gets drunk every weekend and someone who desperately wants to stop, but is still struggling to put alcohol away who only "slips" and is remorseful?

There probably is a difference.

What you fail to understand is that nobody (except your other church members) cares for your tough-love approach to kick people like this out of the church. You need to find a group of similarly minded people, meet together on Sundays, and decry the vileness and evilness of the world and how nobody lives up to your high standards.

That way you can still feel good and superior about yourself while simultaneously looking down on all the continual sinners.

Imo, people like you are the biggest turn-off in Christianity today. Satan himself would be hard pressed to turn more people away from the church. Keep up the good work, XLarge.

XLarge and his Jesus posse are merely Christian warriors defending the Word against the heathen onslaught.

You seem to be an antagonist. Do you have any comment on this Loog guy's actions?

Can't we focus on the issues. Loogey why did you clean the pipes yourself instead of just having sex with your wife?

Imo, people like you are the biggest turn-off in Christianity today. Satan himself would be hard pressed to turn more people away from the church. Keep up the good work, XLarge.

I in no measure believe that. It is the true hypocrite that bring the greatest damage; not those who are sincerely trying to walk the walk.

You seem to be an antagonist. Do you have any comment on this Loog guy's actions?

My guess is that he doesn't give a hoot about what I do in the bathroom after church. He is a heathen. The true believers are trying to bolt the doors of the church to keep me out.

Loogey's confession is good for his soul; and I, unlike some here, am concerned for his soul.

It seems that you could benefit from some of Kirk Cameron's evangelical videos. It could soften your approach.

You know, XLarge, saying other Christians shouldn't be allowed in church doesn't make you any bigger in God's eyes. God has enough people distorting his message in a fundamentalist fervor. You don't need to be one of them.
This post was edited on 4/24 3:42 PM by NPRLoverif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I in no measure believe that. It is the true hypocrite that bring the greatest damage; not those who are sincerely trying to walk the walk.

Well, I'm not so sure we should take seriously what you do or do not believe.

You seem sincere in your convictions, but that's not saying much.
This post was edited on 4/24 3:41 PM by NPRLoverif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

That way you can still feel good and superior about yourself while simultaneously looking down on all the continual sinners.

You don't understand what makes us tick. We have all the patience in the world with somebody who is trying. But those who are just playing a game should quit.

No, that is not what it means. It means to change one's mind and purpose. That is why the Bible says there are deeds appropriate to repentance. To repent he would first have to feel sorry for it. (I highly doubt that). And, two, he would have to quit.

And, no, he doesn't need to go to church to learn that. I'm pretty sure he already does know that.

Point noted.

But it is not YOUR place to tell someone to never go to church again and to banish him from the christian religion. The man saw a woman. Went to his own home, masturbated to the thought of this woman's appearance, not the woman in her whole. Now you are saying that he has committed a sin so awful that he should never be allowed in the church again. If he had seen this woman on the street and done the same thing would you still tell him to never go to church again? I've seen people on the street or in a magazine or somewhere and done the same thing? I didn't feel bad about it. I'm sure one of them was someone else's wife or girlfriend or whatever. It doesn't mean I want them. It just means I needed some motivation at the time. Go to your Pastor or Priest and ask him if he thinks if Loog should be banished from the church forever and see what he says. I have a feeling it won't be what you think.

You know, XLarge, saying other Christians shouldn't be allowed in church doesn't make you any bigger in God's eyes. God has enough people distorting his message in a fundamentalist fervor. You don't need to be one of them.

I admit I don't know everything there is about Christianity. It just seems to me that Loog is not really trying. He admits he shouldn't do such, but chooses to enthusiastically do it anyway. I'm pretty sure Christ Himself taught that those who act like such should be shunned. Am I wrong to follow Jesus on this one?

You don't understand what makes us tick.

You are correct. I am not a psychiatrist.

We have all the patience in the world with somebody who is trying. But those who are just playing a game should quit.

And Jesus appreciates your wisdom and discernment in ferreting out the "game players" in his name.

I think if anybody is "playing a game" it is the modern fundamentalist, of which you appear to be one. Spouting and spewing your own distorted version of true scripture and employing, in your mind, a rigorous and disciplined approach to the Word, you are quick to weigh the religious worth of others and find them lacking.

The modern fundamentalist is a psychologically disturbed person. Using the bible to satisfy their own sadistic and masochistic leanings, whipping their children with God's Rod (after all, spanking is fine if people only knew how to do it), denying the reality of science, and driving people away from religion - you have it all, it seems. And yet you consider yourselves the true believers. The sooner fundamentalists go back to being a fringe element, the better. Make hay now, cuz the sun won't be shining as brightly when W leaves office.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
But it is not YOUR place to tell someone to never go to church again and to banish him from the christian religion.
I'm really telling him to not go unless he takes it seriously. To do otherwise is a sham.

I know what our pastor teaches on this. I was once told I had to repent or I would be kicked out. I was mad at the time, but it turned out to be the best thing I was ever told.

NPRLOVER,

Yes, you are indeed an antagonist.

I have no idea what you think I have distorted concerning the teachings of Jesus Christ.

You have a real problem with true believers. I think I'll refrain from these types of comments from you. It seems like a fruitless endeavor since you have so much "baggage." No offense. I mean no ill will.

XLargeHawk could sure use HoundedHawk in this thread. Ever sense most of the original God-Squad went NeoCon on us, the Christian Soldiers are usually outnumbered and they get ganged up on.
This post was edited on 4/24 4:19 PM by crash_n_learnif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

I admit I don't know everything there is about Christianity.

Well, that's a start XLarge. Baby steps, baby steps.

He admits he shouldn't do such, but chooses to enthusiastically do it anyway.

Is there any other way?

I'm pretty sure Christ Himself taught that those who act like such should be shunned.

What did he say about a mote in thy brother's eye?

Am I wrong to follow Jesus on this one?

And that's how you justify it all, isn't it? Convince yourselves that this is what Jesus would want you to do.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Originally posted by crash_n_learn:
XLargeHawk could sure HoundedHawk in this thread. Ever sense most of the original God-Squad went NeoCon on us, the Christian Soldiers are usually outnumbered and they get ganged up on.

I don't know all of what you're referring to here. I've only been lurking for a few months. I do understand why some would leave now that I've posted. I thought this Loog's actions would be obviously wrong to most people. I was naive.

NPRLOVER,

Yes, you are indeed an antagonist.

I have no idea what you think I have distorted concerning the teachings of Jesus Christ.

You have a real problem with true believers. I think I'll refrain from these types of comments from you. It seems like a fruitless endeavor since you have so much "baggage." No offense. I mean no ill will.

Your message is one of divisiveness that you cloak in God's name.

Again, one would be hard pressed to create a better strategy to drive people away from religion.

What did he say about a mote in thy brother's eye?

Am I wrong to follow Jesus on this one?

And that's how you justify it all, isn't it? Convince yourselves that this is what Jesus would want you to do.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. You seem to know a lot of Scripture. Didn't he say to first get the log out of my own eye so I could then see clear enough to get the speck out of another's eye? I did first get the log out of my own eye.

Now, the more I think about this, aren't you trying to correct me? Are you also being a hypocrite from your own standard of measure? Why do you have the right to correct me, but I don't have the right to correct him?

I thought this Loog's actions would be obviously wrong to most people. I was naive.

No, that was not your point.

Did you forget this little bit of advice?

Do the world a favor and never go in a church building again.

Didn't he say to first get the log out of my own eye so I could then see clear enough to get the speck out of another's eye? I did first get the log out of my own eye.

Ah, but did you remove the beam from your own eye? That is the question. Can any of us truly remove the beam?

I thought this Loog's actions would be obviously wrong to most people. I was naive.

No, that was not your point.

Did you forget this little bit of advice?

Do the world a favor and never go in a church building again.

I happen to know my point very well. I thought he was obviously wrong. And I have exlained my position more fully. He shouldn't go in again unless he wants to take it seriously.

Didn't he say to first get the log out of my own eye so I could then see clear enough to get the speck out of another's eye? I did first get the log out of my own eye.

Ah, but did you remove the beam from your own eye? That is the question. Can any of us truly remove the beam?
With God's help we certainly can.

With God's help we certainly can.

God is not only omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent, He's also an ophthalmologist. Nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT