ADVERTISEMENT

I see “Based” is some kind of new Social Media Word

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
The first 5 times I said it I thought they mistyped “Biased”. But I now see it’s on purpose and being used by everyone but me, apparently. Anyone know what this is or means? Is this the new “Meta”?

Help me out please. Here’s an example. No clue what it’s supposed to mean.

Based has been used for years on various message forums.
It was frequently utilized on the MISC, a subsection of bodybuilding.com forums.

Can be interpreted as bad ass move, take or action that would rustle many. So many ways to use it.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
The first 5 times I said it I thought they mistyped “Biased”. But I now see it’s on purpose and being used by everyone but me, apparently. Anyone know what this is or means? Is this the new “Meta”?

Help me out please. Here’s an example. No clue what it’s supposed to mean.
353535.jpg

based op thinking based is new when based is not new
It might not be new, but every jagoffs with a Twitter handle suddenly using it is new. I never saw it before Wednesday and I’ve seen it 48 times since. Don’t think I could have missed so frequently for the last 10 years.

It might not be new, but every jagoffs with a Twitter handle suddenly using it is new. I never saw it before Wednesday and I’ve seen it 48 times since. Don’t think I could have missed so frequently for the last 10 years.
more like last 3-5 years.

They have been saying based on 4chan for many years now. If it has hit the mainstream normies, the word will be dead soon.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT