ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder how Indiana feels about the success of Penix

ghostOfHomer777

HR Heisman
May 20, 2014
In '21, it almost appeared as though Iowa "broke" Penix for Indiana ... and, accordingly, it seemed like the Hoosiers threw him under the bus and he left dodge. However, in this instance, his change of locale ended up very much being to his benefit (perhaps, not unlike what we saw with Charlie Jones going over to Purdue).

Anyhow ... certainly an odd turn of events. And it's made stranger still ... because of the promise of Penix ... they ran off another QB (Ramsey) who ended up starting for Northwestern (and led the wildcats to B1G championship game).

I've never been a fan of Tom Allen ... I wonder if he gets the boot? He's reputed to have quite a significant buyout ... so perhaps they give him another year?

In '21, it almost appeared as though Iowa "broke" Penix for Indiana ... and, accordingly, it seemed like the Hoosiers threw him under the bus and he left dodge. However, in this instance, his change of locale ended up very much being to his benefit (perhaps, not unlike what we saw with Charlie Jones going over to Purdue).

Anyhow ... certainly an odd turn of events. And it's made stranger still ... because of the promise of Penix ... they ran off another QB (Ramsey) who ended up starting for Northwestern (and led the wildcats to B1G championship game).

I've never been a fan of Tom Allen ... I wonder if he gets the boot? He's reputed to have quite a significant buyout ... so perhaps they give him another year?
Unlike B1G West teams, the conference schedules for Indiana, Michigan St, Maryland and Rutgers are about to get EASIER (although IU's schedule is pretty brutal in '24). Very hard for any of those teams to compete with the setup they've had the past 10 years.

I think the fact that there's a chance Allen has a better chance of success for the next few years, combined with his $20 million buyout, might buy him some more time.

Reactions: Bishop-71

Bobby Knight Chair Throw GIF

Unlike B1G West teams, the conference schedules for Indiana, Michigan St, Maryland and Rutgers are about to get EASIER (although IU's schedule is pretty brutal in '24). Very hard for any of those teams to compete with the setup they've had the past 10 years.

I think the fact that there's a chance Allen has a better chance of success for the next few years, combined with his $20 million buyout, might buy him some more time.
Those teams sucked against the West also.

Penix had great results at IU when he had 3 really top receivers. But it was a lot of big jump ball deep catches that he got which hid that he was not a top passer then. In 2021 I think he only had one of those receivers returning plus Penix was back from the knee injury.

He is in a high powered offense at Wash.

Penix had great results at IU when he had 3 really top receivers. But it was a lot of big jump ball deep catches that he got which hid that he was not a top passer then. In 2021 I think he only had one of those receivers returning plus Penix was back from the knee injury.

He is in a high powered offense at Wash.
He had a lot of great results thanks to Covid.

Covid won everything in '20 and any winners of any events played that year should have an asterisk.

Do you think the defenses he faces in the pac vs the defenses he faced in the big have anything to do with it? I do. I don’t think he’ll be very successful in the NFL.

Reactions: 1stplacehawk
Penix tore his ACL in November 2020, and was rushed back for the opener against Iowa in 2021. He looked terrible to open the season against us, and had 5 poor games before an acromioclavicular joint separation in his left shoulder.

He has quite an injury history, and Indiana should have eased him back into competition but they seem to have rushed him. This article has more info on his several injuries, including two ACLs.

Lol does Indiana, Maryland, or Rutgers have a winning record vs any of the schools in the West?

Dude is like 26 now ... of course, he is better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT