ADVERTISEMENT

I would love to try a couple years of just going hog wild in the transfer portal

General Tso

HR Heisman
Nov 20, 2004
Like Iowa state, Illinois, etc. Maybe it'd crash and burn, but I think it'd be alot of fun to try.

Doesn’t help if you don’t value defense. We play one end of the court only. Transfers aren’t going to help unless you bring in a shot blocker. Fran has brought in two bigs that were not going to change the way we play defense.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Dumb …..only works if you have scholarships available.

Scholarships are always available. You encourage lesser players to move on. As example, It appears Fran has no intention to play Riley Mulvey based on the 1st 3 years at Iowa---Riley is on same path of JoshO. What is point of wasting multiple scholarship years on guys that you don't intend to play.

Fran has a system that rewards upper classmen and his own boys---i.e. loyalty over merit in many cases. He has not embraced Portal and he hasn't done much to campaign for more NIL money. His teams lack of post season success limit how much NIL money he has available. Getting Tony back would be a good start for next year...I have my doubts about any portal success.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Doesn’t help if you don’t value defense. We play one end of the court only. Transfers aren’t going to help unless you bring in a shot blocker. Fran has brought in two bigs that were not going to change the way we play defense.
Owen had 5 blocks tonight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT