ADVERTISEMENT

IA vs ISU for a trip to the Elite 8

Hawkeye2222

HR MVP
Dec 21, 2014
I know I know Davidson 1st then Gonzaga, but it will be interesting if it gets that far. or looking at it maybe facing SA and his UCLA team , which would you rather see IA play.

UCLA please. Would love to wipe the floor with Alford's sleazy grin.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

I know I know Davidson 1st then Gonzaga, but it will be interesting if it gets that far. or looking at it maybe facing SA and his UCLA team , which would you rather see IA play.
I'd rather play Rutgers, someone I'm confident we can beat.

iowa state would have slim chance in rematch vs hawks. hawks on a roll, back in national prominence.

Originally posted by Hawkeye2222:

Let us not underestimate a solid Davidson team first, and second getting by Gonzaga is going is going to be a tall order. The guantlet has been thrown down with my Gonzaga friends and the Iowa Hawkeyes. I am counting on a little Black and Gold magic.

Originally posted by chicago73:
iowa state would have slim chance in rematch vs hawks. hawks on a roll, back in national prominence.
Probably an Iowa State fan. See this previous post:

Originally posted by chicago73:
what was that t for? he was screaming and acting like a spoiled little child dropping f bombs....thats ok cuz he is coach fran. the master of iowa basketball...

Had hoped that Iowa could have been put in Portland so I could get to it easily here. Would have been nice if the 7/10 games in Portland for the West had been swapped with the 7/10 games in the South. Still might be able to make it up to Seattle, but might be more difficult.

I would have also liked them potentially playing Lute's old school in Arizona up here in Portland. It might be harder to beat Gonzaga closer to home in Seattle than beating Arizona here in Rip City, but who knows... That way you would have had all of the Iowa schools in three different regionals too.

But perhaps the Iowa men can get some revenge for Iowa women's experience in having to play underseeded Gonzaga up in the state of Washington some years back too.

The lesson of the 2014-15 Hawks is "one game at a time". There is no game we should expect the Hawks to win. On the other hand, you can't really say they'd have no chance against Gonzaga or the Clowns. The Bulldogs are mental, like Iowa, albeit very well coached and talented. But the match ups do not look terrifying with them as to some with the other 2s and, of course, the 1s.

My prediction.

We beat Davidson, Gongaza, and ISU before losing to Duke in the elite 8.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT