ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs Iowa as an Elite 8 matchup is an epic embarrassment for the NCAA selection committee.

They were hoping to get this rematch, have LSU win and then shift the focus to JuJu Watkins, Booker at Texas, obviously Reese and South Carolina, and all the other top black players that will be in the Final Four, but Watkins will be the focus in particular.

"CONSPIRACY THEORY!!! CONSPIRACY THEORY!!!!"

Mmm, yeah well, it would be, except that's what actually happened, so it doesn't really matter if you want to take my word for it or not. :D :D:D:D:D

Its amazing how trolls bring race into EVERY single thing. I suppose when you go to Baskin Robbins you comment about the vanilla ice cream being overlooked because of chocolate ice cream conspiracy.

Just stop bro and enjoy some college basketball

Now I know you are trolling, or universally uninformed. Why was 25-7 WVU an 8 seed while 22-11 Kansas from the same conference an 8 seed? Hmmm....EDIT to add Duke is now up to 19 points 27 minutes into the game.

I’m not too worried about the totality of the seeding, but West Va & Princeton where both under-seeded, in my opinion

6 & 7 respectfully…

Wow, what the hell happened in this Duke UConn game? I thought it was over… Duke has turned the ball over 22 times and also has 12 more rebounds than UCONN.

UConn still has a very good team but they are not one of the four best teams left, IMO.

but, but, but Angel Reese says she's the face of college basketball and that their team's popularity is like the Beatles
NCAA is guaranteed a big name for the final four.

Personally, I like it. Every game Iowa plays here on out is must see TV. Just keep winning baby!

Reactions: cyberhawk
Really, because I think it's brilliant. If LSU was a true 3 seed, then this was the best possible outcome. There was no guarantee that they would meet in the final 4 or the Championship game. This way the NCAA gave themself the best chance of getting a rematch between last year's Championship game participants and matching Clark against Reese in a late round game.

L
O
L

We aren't talking about order, we are talking about how teams were seeded, and how poorly a job the committee did.

Yes, to be the best and whatever. Now tell me about that brutal bracket that allowed Duke to advance and to have scored 17 points in 23 minutes of action.

Order. JFC. You're worse than @BelemNole in your trolling.
Yo, fragile fran - don’t mention me on boards other than HORT.

The committee set up Iowa to lose at every round other than the first round. The teams we have had to play so far are the exact teams that can give Iowa trouble. KState having beat us also factored in and would have been the 3rd time wr played them this year. Colorado gave us fits last year. This was all done for Iowa and Caitlin to lose early if possible and to tite then out along the way. They didn't want Iowa in the final 4 and it shows. Remember the way swoops talks about CC? The way Staley talked about Bluder and Iowa last year? The people in that room think like them and do not want a CC having the accolades she gets. They do not want Iowa. It is racism in plain sight

Today ESPN stated in our post game that Caitlin exists because of Angel Reese. Think that through. This has been deliberately done with Malice.
lol. The ramblings of a lunatic. Get a grip. The world is not out to get Iowa.

Its amazing how trolls bring race into EVERY single thing. I suppose when you go to Baskin Robbins you comment about the vanilla ice cream being overlooked because of chocolate ice cream conspiracy.

Race is real . A white team from a white state is not going to be allowed to win it all. They will gladly take the money Clark generates but only allow her to go so far.

It will take a hit, and they will double down on trying to salvage it by talking up Reese/LSU vs either Watkins or Beuckers with South Carolina looming.

The emphasis will be on hyping up Watkins as the next big star, and they'll be free of the Caitlin Clark frenzy, even if their ratings take a hit.
Cheech and Chong would be impressed by the hit the ratings will take.

Doesn't matter what angle they try to sell, Caitlin is the ONLY player casual fans are tuning in to see.

I'll enjoy women's college basketball when LSU and Kim Mulkey lose.

And it's not my fault that the NCAA committee/ESPN chose to make this about race.

but, but, but Angel Reese says she's the face of college basketball and that their team's popularity is like the Beatles
The only reason I would watch LSU in the final would be to see them get smoked by S Carolina.

I'll enjoy women's college basketball when LSU and Kim Mulkey lose.

And it's not my fault that the NCAA committee/ESPN chose to make this about race.
ESPN wants — no, needs — to vindicate Sheryl Swoopes and her not so veiled racist criticism of Caitlin. Look who runs the women’s NCAA selection committee and who ESPN uses for commentary.

"The powers that be don't want Iowa to win because they are white" is quote possibly the stupidest argument I have ever heard.

Also, anyone who makes this argument is immediately disqualified from accusing anyone of "playing the race card".

"The powers that be don't want Iowa to win because they are white" is quote possibly the stupidest argument I have ever heard.

Also, anyone who makes this argument is immediately disqualified from accusing anyone of "playing the race card".

Irony is that these same posters will get their panties in a bunch when some random people on Twitter make the argument that Caitlin/Iowa get special treatment because they're white. It's the exact same (stupid) argument just in reverse.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Was it the ref's fault or something that we lost to LSU in the national championship?

The officiating in that game was a joke. Three black female refs had it in for Iowa and CC.
They sure made it difficult, especially at the start of the game and the T on Clark later. I DO think the drama of the chippy talking, mulkey, touchy fouls got in the girls' heads for a portion of the game, not to mention the uncanny shooting 3's from that one girl from LSU.

Cheech and Chong would be impressed by the hit the ratings will take.

Doesn't matter what angle they try to sell, Caitlin is the ONLY player casual fans are tuning in to see.

You don’t think there are casual fans tuning in to see Reese and her style of play? Or JuJu? I do, but that’s just my opinion.

The committee set up Iowa to lose at every round other than the first round. The teams we have had to play so far are the exact teams that can give Iowa trouble. KState having beat us also factored in and would have been the 3rd time wr played them this year. Colorado gave us fits last year. This was all done for Iowa and Caitlin to lose early if possible and to tite then out along the way. They didn't want Iowa in the final 4 and it shows. Remember the way swoops talks about CC? The way Staley talked about Bluder and Iowa last year? The people in that room think like them and do not want a CC having the accolades she gets. They do not want Iowa. It is racism in plain sight

Today ESPN stated in our post game that Caitlin exists because of Angel Reese. Think that through. This has been deliberately done with Malice.

They wanted to ensure a LSU Iowa rematch. It wasn’t a guarantee LSU would make it to the FF. They havent looked great at times.

Really, because I think it's brilliant. If LSU was a true 3 seed, then this was the best possible outcome. There was no guarantee that they would meet in the final 4 or the Championship game. This way the NCAA gave themself the best chance of getting a rematch between last year's Championship game participants and matching Clark against Reese in a late round game.

The only reason I would watch LSU in the final would be to see them get smoked by S Carolina.
LSU and So Car. have played 2x this year LSU lost 76-70 in La and 79-72 in the SEC Tournament.

But, here's a conspiracy angle not yet mentioned. If the committee doesn't want Iowa, why would Staley want LSU a third time? Maybe Staley would really like Iowa in a rematch since CC bounced her last year. Thus, have Iowa and/or LSU run the gauntlet in a stacked regional, get softened up, and So Car. gets a better chance to beat LSU for a third time same year or to put Bluder and CC in their place on national TV. Giving Staley her best shot at a natty that she was robbed of last year w/ her poty, Boston.

as the #1 overall seed, South Carolina was supposed to get the easiest regional and they did.

as the #2 overall seed, Iowa was supposed to get the 2nd easiest regional. instead, we got the hardest of the 4.

The Committee arranged for a UConn yellow-brick-road, but who would have thought.

Gino insists Paige is the best women's basketball player in America. After watching that shit show Saturday night, the question is would she be a starter on Iowa's team. Iowa's performance against WV was Golden Globe compared to their pathetic show against the Duckettes.

Reactions: Franisdaman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT