ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs Iowa as an Elite 8 matchup is an epic embarrassment for the NCAA selection committee.

This was so avoidable.

A game involving a 31-5 team vs a 32-4 team, having played in last year's title game, with this much backstory and worldwide interest, should not happen in the Elite 8.

What were they thinking?
They may have been thinking let’s get a record shattering tv viewership early and then more eyes on the final 4?

The Committee arranged for a UConn yellow-brick-road, but who would have thought.

Gino insists Paige is the best women's basketball player in America. After watching that shit show Saturday night, the question is would she be a starter on Iowa's team. Iowa's performance against WV was Golden Globe compared to their pathetic show against the Duckettes.
Paige had 24 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 blocks. You question whether she would start for Iowa? It’s crazy that a coach standing up for his player would make people so irrationally angry and so far from coherent.

You don’t think there are casual fans tuning in to see Reese and her style of play? Or JuJu? I do, but that’s just my opinion.
Not with enthusiasm. Especially the casual fans. Players running up and down the court doesn't cut it. They want to see something special - personality. Panache. 35' bombs. Laser no look passes.

This is what Caitlin brings. PAC 12 games don't draw fans. SEC games don't fill areans.

Reactions: WSC72
Not with enthusiasm. Especially the casual fans. Players running up and down the court doesn't cut it. They want to see something special - personality. Panache. 35' bombs. Laser no look passes.

This is what Caitlin brings. PAC 12 games don't draw fans. SEC games don't fill areans.

I get your points. I just disagree that she is the ‘only’ person casual fans tune in to see.

I’m glad we’re taking up the race argument because Caitlin isn’t. We got this one Caitlin, you and the rest of your teammates just get ready for the game.

Reactions: intrepodor
Paige had 24 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals and 2 blocks. You question whether she would start for Iowa? It’s crazy that a coach standing up for his player would make people so irrationally angry and so far from coherent.

It was a facetious comment idiot.

Here is the back room story on LSU. They don’t shoot great. They are ok, and I mean overall. Not at 3. But not great. Their claim to fame is big strong bodies hitting offensive glass & they are relentless.
Well they werent a great shooting team last year and then that bench player lit it up against the hawks in the final game from Trey Land, a player with out a big scoring avg or shooting history. It can happen for any team, Kate and Gabby could light it up Monday and I hope they do. If they can make 10 treys that is huge.

It was done on purpose. But stuff like this happens every year.
Bingo!
Imagine the TV ratings for this game come Tuesday morning?
The NCAA uses these tournaments as “money makers”….and the schools involved “shake their money makers” accordingly.
UIowa and LSU are this seasons star showgirls…and now they will strut their stuff.

Well they werent a great shooting team last year and then that bench player lit it up against the hawks in the final game from Trey Land, a player with out a big scoring avg or shooting history. It can happen for any team, Kate and Gabby could light it up Monday and I hope they do. If they can make 10 treys that is huge.
LSU is one of the nation’s 4 best teams….talent galore! Give the devil their due.
Personally I believe Iowa is a Top 10 team…but if they win tomorrow, I would think it an upset…it could happen, though….In #22 We Trust… ;)

And I just noticed something. All of the Regional final games are a #1 vs a #3.

#3 Oregon State
#1 South Carolina

#3 NC State
#1 Texas

#3 LSU
#1 IOWA

#3 UConn
#1 USC

And I just noticed something. All of the Regional final games are a #1 vs a #3.

#3 Oregon State
#1 South Carolina

#3 NC State
#1 Texas

#3 LSU
#1 IOWA

#3 UConn
#1 USC
What a CONSPIRACY!!! They designed things so the best teams wound up playing each other, is that what you are saying?!

I don't feel like reading all the responses since yesterday, so, why is Iowa getting singled out by the committee?

I don't feel like reading all the responses since yesterday, so, why is Iowa getting singled out by the committee?

There’s a conspiracy against Iowa. It used to be just men’s basketball, but it has also spread to Football and Women’s Basketball. It’s the officiating, always.

(At least according to a number of posters).

There’s a conspiracy against Iowa. It used to be just men’s basketball, but it has also spread to Football and Women’s Basketball. It’s the officiating, always.

(At least according to a number of posters).
Don't forget the gambling issue, and racial lawsuits. Bigger than just officiating!

Don't forget the gambling issue, and racial lawsuits. Bigger than just officiating!
I was just kidding, but one thing that I have noticed is that ESECPN loves to create banner headlines for any scandal that happens to a Big Ten team, but softballs and buries SEC problems. Gotta protect it's investment!

as the #1 overall seed, South Carolina was supposed to get the easiest regional and they did.

as the #2 overall seed, Iowa was supposed to get the 2nd easiest regional. instead, we got the hardest of the 4.
Iowa played 3 teams who couldnt hit a shot.

Reactions: WSC72
I'll enjoy women's college basketball when LSU and Kim Mulkey lose.

And it's not my fault that the NCAA committee/ESPN chose to make this about race.

New Girl Reaction GIF

@lucas80 typically enjoys his safe space known as HROT where his buddies will back his takes, no matter how silly or uninformed. The guy steps out of HROT and he gets rolled.
Speaking of aggrieved victims… Here you are unable to separate politics from sports.
Some of us are enjoying a second straight Elite Eight season, with a chance at a second straight Final Four berth. And, we are watching a generational talent wind up her career, but some people take time out from enjoying that to be bitter conspiracy theorists.

LSU fans have convinced themselves they are DEFINITELY going to win, unless the NCAA screws them and puts CC in the Final Four. No one ever accused LSU fans of being the smartest bunch, but if the NCAA wanted CC in the Final Four, wouldn’t they have put LSU in a different region?!? You can’t fix stupid 🤷🏼‍♂️

I'm sure the NCAA is really upset about what was probably the most viewed Elite 8 game in Women's BB history, especially with Clark going on to the Final 4 to play either the country's best freshman or the team with the best coach and biggest dynasty in Women's BB history, and then possibly going on to play S. Carolina, whom Iowa gave their only loss the past 3 seasons...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT